Bayou Bowl 2014

It's moving to Ft Bend:

http://www.fbherald.com/sports/article_e29169c6-8aaa-11e3-bb16-0019bb2963f4.html

This week, the Greater Houston Football Coaches Association (GHFCA) announced that the annual Bayou Bowl all-star football game would be moving from its home for the last 11 years in Baytown to Fort Bend County.

I heard that Louisiana will not be part of this anymore.  To become an East vs West greater Houston area game.  Anybody heard that?

This is correct. 

These games were silly anyway.   The best players that both the GHA and Louisiana had to offer never played in the game.   I also felt it was  a bit disingenuous.   This was always a Houston Metro area players vs the entire state of louisiana.    Made it hard for them to coordinate a selection, and get all of them to come and practice for a week from a logistical standpoint.    Texas always had the advantage in that it was always in Texas, and all the players came from primarily a 10 county area

This is correct. 

These games were silly anyway.   The best players that both the GHA and Louisiana had to offer never played in the game.   I also felt it was  a bit disingenuous.   This was always a Houston Metro area players vs the entire state of louisiana.    Made it hard for them to coordinate a selection, and get all of them to come and practice for a week from a logistical standpoint.    Texas always had the advantage in that it was always in Texas, and all the players came from primarily a 10 county area

It was not in Texas every year by choice.