21-3A vs 22-3A playoff games

Well I guess I don't have too much to offer. I will just go back to Little Old Shepherd and tell them to not even waste the gas to drive over. lol. On paper and in the stats Silsbee is the better team No Doubt. But that is why you play the game. I may be bias but I will take Tyler every single time against anyone. Does Shepherd hit the ball very good, No that isn't a surprise to anyone. But with Tyler on the mound if they can find a way to scratch out a couple of runs they will be right there. Silsbee is good, we no that, but anything can happen. So we shall see come Thurs. night. Wish both team good luck.

Well I guess I don't have too much to offer. I will just go back to Little Old Shepherd and tell them to not even waste the gas to drive over. lol. On paper and in the stats Silsbee is the better team No Doubt. But that is why you play the game. I may be bias but I will take Tyler every single time against anyone. Does Shepherd hit the ball very good, No that isn't a surprise to anyone. But with Tyler on the mound if they can find a way to scratch out a couple of runs they will be right there. Silsbee is good, we no that, but anything can happen. So we shall see come Thurs. night. Wish both team good luck.

I have heard rumors this year that Tyler Kolek is on a very strict pitch count.  I think the number was 75.  Is this true?  If it is true, does this number stay in place for the playoffs?  Again, this is a rumor so I'm asking for any information that you may have.

yes he is on a pitch count but not that low, it was earlier in the year. I do not know the exact pitch count but I know he threw over 100 pitches against Splendora. He was still throwing 96-98 in the seventh inning. Not every pitch but he could still get to those numbers. I think his number has been bumped up from what it was.

With that being said, there is no game worth him doing anything to harm his arm or chances later in June. He is watched very closely by a bunch of people. I would assume there will be a bunch big name folks there to watch him come Thurs. Just like each pitch he has thrown this year. It is a neat thing to watch.

Live by the flip and die by the flip.

Horrible way to do things with the stakes so high. With 4 teams in the playoffs in Round 1 the UIL ought to let the higher seed dictate a 1 game or a series. After the first round then the flip can come in.

Kolek's little brother is also a very good pitcher. Saw them play once and he pitched. Their hitting and defense will come and go as will many high school teams.

On the mound they are a beast of a draw.

Shepherd will have trouble scoring IMO, Silsbee can pitch. Silsbee has some guys that will put the ball in play against Kolek.Just takes a bloop here, stolen base, pass ball and a 1-0 game.

After watching Kountze play Shepherd with Tyler Kolek...he is hitable and Shepherd does not hit all that well as a team, yes there are bright spots but no constancy. In addition, Shepherd will have fielding issues, which with a few walks, will spell runs for Silsbee. If Silsbee just sticks to their game and plays to the absolute end, than things should work out in Silsbee's favor. 

Tarkington vs Bridge City

Best of 3 @Pasadena McGuire

Thur. 7:30
Fri.    7;30
Sat.   4:00 if necessary

WOS vs Splendora

1 game
@Barbers Hill
Wed. 7:30 pm

Silsbee vs Shepherd

1 game
@Jasper