Changes in Woodville

All sports should be given the best chance to be successful. But I will agree that some schools should have a football AD. I will use Carthage as an example because they are usually in our district.. Football is their main sport. The school and community supports nothing but football. Seems they win state often...so if it aint broke don't try to fix it.... Also depends on the tradition of the school....... Now using Silsbee as an example....The AD should be the one that's most qualified reguardless of the sport seeing that all sports excel...All sports should be given the best chance to succeed...which usually means no UOS... :D

For most small schools it is more financially feasible to utilize a HC (of any sport) to be AD. Woodville tried splitting the jobs when Coach Locke came in. However, that situation was made complicated because the AD was...drumroll...the previous HFC Coach Bass (a WV product who I think still works for the district). Bottom line is the district/campus needs a person who is qualified to do the job. There are a couple of people in house in WV who have been mentioned on here. One may be asked, but likely turn it down. That humble of a person and a conflict of interest situation. The other (who is qualified "on paper") will likely do a great and impartial job, but may rub some community members the wrong simply on name alone. Regarding the kids, yes they underachieve. Have for a long time. Its what has become known as "the Woodville Way." Always on the cusp of doing something good, but never quite get there. Housecleaning the coaching staff may not be a bad thing. Several of the coaches are products of the WV system and have endured solely because of that (IMO). BUT, you would be hard pressed to find enough outside people willing to come to WV, TX to fill an enitre (or majority) staff. WV is a great little community tucked away in deep ETX and there may be a liitle growth with a new mill coming to town. Someone will take a chance, or be given a chance to let all the kids in all the programs do their best to succeed.

All sports should be given the best chance to be successful. But I will agree that some schools should have a football AD. I will use Carthage as an example because they are usually in our district.. Football is their main sport. The school and community supports nothing but football. Seems they win state often...so if it aint broke don't try to fix it.... Also depends on the tradition of the school....... Now using Silsbee as an example....The AD should be the one that's most qualified reguardless of the sport seeing that all sports excel...All sports should be given the best chance to succeed...which usually means no UOS... :D

Carthage isn't a football first school. They have been extremely strong in baseball for a long time. 

Their baseball team was very good 30 years ago. And has been since. Probably was before. Most of their football success is fairly recent( 15 years or so). And no the AD is not baseball. A football AD doesn't kill a program. There are lots of good AD's out there. In 17 years have always worked for good ones. Lucky I guess.

Their baseball team was very good 30 years ago. And has been since. Probably was before. Most of their football success is fairly recent( 15 years or so). And no the AD is not baseball. A football AD doesn't kill a program. There are lots of good AD's out there. In 17 years have always worked for good ones. Lucky I guess.

Shoot, check out there records as a 4A school back in the '90s. I can promise you football is not a newfound success at Carthage. They have been good for a long time.

Shoot, check out there records as a 4A school back in the '90s. I can promise you football is not a newfound success at Carthage. They have been good for a long time.

90's would have been 15 or so years ago. Baseball team has been real good at least since the early 80's, maybe longer. And they have always had a football AD. 

90's would have been 15 or so years ago. Baseball team has been real good at least since the early 80's, maybe longer. And they have always had a football AD.

If I'm not mistaken, Carthage was the only team to score on the 1983 Daingerfield team(arguably the best team ever) and they made a super deep playoff run that year. That was longer than 15 years ago my friend.