Changes in Woodville

Lol so should the governor of California be the President of the United States just because they have the highest population? Doesn't make much sense. Like I said: if he's qualified, give him the AD job too. If he's not, then don't pass on another, more qualified applicant who just so happens to coach another sport. That's all I'm saying.

Apples to oranges with your analogy. 

I am all for the most qualified guy, but how many times have you heard of the most qualified guy not being in charge of the business/corporation/government that deals with the most people and money? 

Thus the most qualified AD applicant should be the Head Football coach. 

Right because we should never hold on to things that make us great.

No, not never. And yes, because having a broken system that doesn't provide an equal opportunity is exactly what makes Texas football great, huh? lol get real. I never once said that the AD shouldn't be the football coach. It should just be the most qualified guy for the job. Which is not always the football coach. Contrary to what you believe.

No, not never. And yes, because having a broken system that doesn't provide an equal opportunity is exactly what makes Texas football great, huh? lol get real. I never once said that the AD shouldn't be the football coach. It should just be the most qualified guy for the job. Which is not always the football coach. Contrary to what you believe.

You got me. Woodville is broken, and hiring the girls tennis coach will solve all your problems. 
Nevermind that fair would be the sport that has the most cost and player participation should be the one that has the AD title added to it. I will slowly retype that last fact so to give you another chance at understanding "fair would be the sport that has the most cost and player participation should be the one that has the AD title added to it."

So to put it another way. If the most qualified guy should be the AD then the the AD should be the head football coach.

You got me. Woodville is broken, and hiring the girls tennis coach will solve all your problems.
Nevermind that fair would be the sport that has the most cost and player participation should be the one that has the AD title added to it. I will slowly retype that last fact so to give you another chance at understanding "fair would be the sport that has the most cost and player participation should be the one that has the AD title added to it."

So to put it another way. If the most qualified guy should be the AD then the the AD should be the head football coach.

Just because you're put in charge of a large number kids and large amounts of money, doesn't make you qualified to lead an entire athletic program. There's a business aspect to it that requires experience. If you hire a young football coach that little-to-no experience dealing with large budgets, it doesn't work out. Also, you have to supervise over a large group of personnel. He may be a great football coach and able to handle the kids, but if he can't handle a large budget or make tough personnel decisions, he's practically useless in the AD position. In most cases, dealing with personnel and a large budget properly comes with experience. Therefore, if a football coach comes in with experience, then your argument is valid. But if there is another person on staff, in a different coaching position, with more experience in dealing with the things I listed above, then he should be the AD.

Trash? Lol wow. Last time I checked, "trash" teams didn't come anywhere near making the playoffs. Ya know, like Woodville did in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012. Not to mention a district championship in 2005 and a playoff win over the #14 ranked team in the state at the time, New Waverly, in 2010. I know we aren't dominant year in and year out but geez. Lol someone sounds bitter.

Coach Lock was there in 2004, 2005, and 2006 and ran into Newton every year in the playoffs. In 04, Newton lost in the finals and in 05 they won the State.Title..  If I remember correctly he left because He was NOT the AD and felt that his hands were tied because of off-season structure and staff.. 

Just because you're put in charge of a large number kids and large amounts of money, doesn't make you qualified to lead an entire athletic program. 

Then who would be, the guy who has a small amount of kids and little money? LOL.  If you are hiring a man to be in charge of the largest numbers of kids and largest amount of budget then he needs to be in charge.  

Coach Lock was there in 2004, 2005, and 2006 and ran into Newton every year in the playoffs. In 04, Newton lost in the finals and in 05 they won the State.Title.. If I remember correctly he left because He was NOT the AD and felt that his hands were tied because of off-season structure and staff..

Well you're right to a point. He left for a variety of reasons, including a better job at a bigger school. Lol

Then who would be, the guy who has a small amount of kids and little money? LOL. If you are hiring a man to be in charge of the largest numbers of kids and largest amount of budget then he needs to be in charge.

Yes, that's your ideal situation. But not one that's required. Like I've said multiple times: if you can find a football coach with the experience to be AD as well, then that's where you can go with it. If not, don't make some guy who has no idea what he's doing the AD just because he's a good football coach.

Guest Farmer Fran

All of the aforementioned teams are trash and always will be trash in football. Look at all of the state champions classes 1A-3A in the last 10 years and see how many of their head coaches weren't the AD. I honestly don't know, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say everyone of them was the AD. Just saying.

Calling high school teams trash..smh

I would not waste my time with this troll.

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/texasgiant1/media/images8_zpse8e011ad.jpg.html]images8_zpse8e011ad.jpg[/URL]

Yes, that's your ideal situation. But not one that's required. Like I've said multiple times: if you can find a football coach with the experience to be AD as well, then that's where you can go with it. If not, don't make some guy who has no idea what he's doing the AD just because he's a good football coach.

If the guy your bringing in is not qualified to be the AD he should not be the football coach. The person who is qualified to be the AD should be the football coach. 

If the guy your bringing in is not qualified to be the AD he should not be the football coach. The person who is qualified to be the AD should be the football coach.

So just for a scenarios sake say you give a young guy a shot as a first time head football coach...and you have a coach in another sport that has 20+ years in coaching. Would you make the new young football coach the AD just because he coaches football?...or give it to someone like the basketball coach who has been around the block and is better equipped to handle the extra load?

So just for a scenarios sake say you give a young guy a shot as a first time head football coach...and you have a coach in another sport that has 20+ years in coaching. Would you make the new young football coach the AD just because he coaches football?...or give it to someone like the basketball coach who has been around the block and is better equipped to handle the extra load?

If you want to have a football team that is any good you will give it to the football guy. Basketball AD's kill football. Basketball coaches are AD's in Kentucky, Indiana, and North Carolina..not Texas.

If you want to have a football team that is any good you will give it to the football guy. Basketball AD's kill football. Basketball coaches are AD's in Kentucky, Indiana, and North Carolina..not Texas.

My comment was in reference to jv_coach saying that if they aren't qualified to be the AD then they aren't qualified to be the football coach...not necessarily saying give it to the basketball coach. If your giving someone a first time shot as a HC then you could be setting up disaster of you slap the AD title on as well. And this comes from a Woodville alumni...we haven't been that strong with a football coach as the AD in a long time...and no, finishing 3rd or 4th in district with a first round exit should not be considered a strong season.

So just for a scenarios sake say you give a young guy a shot as a first time head football coach...and you have a coach in another sport that has 20+ years in coaching. Would you make the new young football coach the AD just because he coaches football?...or give it to someone like the basketball coach who has been around the block and is better equipped to handle the extra load

I think either can kill either. Again if you have coaches who support each other no matter who the AD is it doesn't matter. You don't have to kill one sport to get better at another. How bout we just support kids. Besides most play multiple sports so why support them in one and not the other. Heck the AD can be the cross county coach. Don't matter as long as coaches on same page.

It's obvious that you couldn't care less about any sport other than football and your very narrow minded so arguing with you won't change your thought process...I vote we give the HC/AD to jv_coach!

It's obvious that you couldn't care less about any sport other than football and your very narrow minded so arguing with you won't change your thought process...I vote we give the HC/AD to jv_coach!

So anybody who does not agree with you is narrow minded?

Also I gave reasons on why I have my opinion, that are not based on what ifs, so unless you can counter my argument that "the program with the most players and money involved should be the AD" with some kind of reasonable argument then it is not you who is arguing with a narrow minded person.  

So anybody who does not agree with you is narrow minded?

Also I gave reasons on why I have my opinion, that are not based on what ifs, so unless you can counter my argument that "the program with the most players and money involved should be the AD" with some kind of reasonable argument then it is not you who is arguing with a narrow minded person.

No someone who only sees one solution to a problem is narrow minded. If someone that applies is qualified enough to be both then I have no problem with them getting both. My only argument to you is that the HC does not 100% HAVE to be AD. Ideally you would like to have an AD who is just the AD and a HC who is just the HC...but that isn't the best option financially and that plays a big part in 2A hirings. So to counter your "the program with the most players and money involved should be the AD" my rebuttal is this...the best option for AD should be the AD and the best option for HC should be HC...if those overlap then so be it

Basketball AD's kill football?... So does that mean that football AD's kill basketball? Or is football AD's just that much more superior?

Here's what I'm saying man..find me a successful football school(classes 1A-4A)in which the AD is not the head football coach.