Changes in Woodville

I won't say anything officially. But I will say there are certain sports who did very well and others who do very poorly. And each belong to their own half of the athletic department.

If I'm interpreting that correctly I would have to agree with you...what year did Fentress become AD?

Yes Lock was there when I graduated in 06...but now that I asked I remember him leaving after his daughter graduated in 2007...one half of the athletic department has always been stronger than the other...minus Baseball from 2003-2007 the girls have always made deeper runs than the boys (if they even made the playoffs) in every sport it seems

Any word on Woodville, like time frame, number of coaches, etc......

The only public knowledge I can share is that the Boys Athletic Coordinator and Head Football Coach jobs are open. But not as a combo position. They could hire one person as both, but the head football coach won't be the AD just because he's the head football coach. Personally, I believe the Boys AD will be assigned from in house.

The only public knowledge I can share is that the Boys Athletic Coordinator and Head Football Coach jobs are open. But not as a combo position. They could hire one person as both, but the head football coach won't be the AD just because he's the head football coach. Personally, I believe the Boys AD will be assigned from in house.

There in lies the problem

So the problem is that Woodville won't make the head football coach the AD? Because it's been that way forever and we saw how that's worked out lol and if it's about hiring in-house, then I think you'll be surprised about how well this person will do as AD. No names given.

How has the football team faired past few yrs?

What is your opinion about the ad not being the head football coach

I think if they head football coach qualifies to be the AD then that's fine. But schools shouldn't deny another qualified applicant just because he's not a football coach. It shouldn't be a combo position. It should be two separate positions, that have the possibility of being a combination with ANY coaching spot.

It all boils down to this eagle. Your in Texas. In Texas football is king to most. Especially high school football. Some may not agree with it but it's the way it is.

Oh I completely agree with that. No debate here. I love the game of football. I'm just saying you can't make someone an AD just because they're the foot coach. If they're qualified then by all means, do it. But if you have a better applicant in another sport, don't pass him up because he's not a football coach.