Changes in Woodville

So the problem is that Woodville won't make the head football coach the AD? Because it's been that way forever and we saw how that's worked out lol and if it's about hiring in-house, then I think you'll be surprised about how well this person will do as AD. No names given.

By internal are you thinking Hennigan or Mixon??

Many lower level school are financially forced to make the football coach the AD...not saying it's the right move but it's the most economical move...why pay 2 salaries (which will more than likely be the 2 highest in the athletic department) we you could pay the head football coach a few extra thousand to be both

I heard most of woodville players are mad that fentress and slaten are gone but hiring a In-house as the AD probably won't do good unless it's mixon or the new coach Sherman but not Hennigan the players would not like him. If the new coach is good I think woodville will be great they just need new offensive plays that can work and bulk up there lineman

I heard most of woodville players are mad that fentress and slaten are gone but hiring a In-house as the AD probably won't do good unless it's mixon or the new coach Sherman but not Hennigan the players would not like him. If the new coach is good I think woodville will be great they just need new offensive plays that can work and bulk up there lineman

Players are usually going to be mad when a coaching change takes place. It's a change and teenagers don't always respond well to changes. But quite honestly, if he's a good coach, I'm perfectly fine with having someone the players don't like. It might be rough at first because a lot will quit, but in the grand scheme, real players want to win. And will adapt to a coach they don't like if it means a winning program.

The only public knowledge I can share is that the Boys Athletic Coordinator and Head Football Coach jobs are open. But not as a combo position. They could hire one person as both, but the head football coach won't be the AD just because he's the head football coach. Personally, I believe the Boys AD will be assigned from in house.

Bad move if that is the case. 

I don't see ANY established HC's applying for this position if there is a chance that the AD tag does not go with it.  This is acceptable practice in the high classifications but down in the smaller classifications it's not common practice.

I don't see ANY established HC's applying for this position if there is a chance that the AD tag does not go with it. This is acceptable practice in the high classifications but down in the smaller classifications it's not common practice.

Common? No. But maybe high school football in Texas needs a lot less "common". Specifically Woodville. And it's not a sure-fire thing. An AD has just as much a chance of being hired as being assigned in-house. It's too early to tell anything for sure.

I think if they head football coach qualifies to be the AD then that's fine. But schools shouldn't deny another qualified applicant just because he's not a football coach. It shouldn't be a combo position. It should be two separate positions, that have the possibility of being a combination with ANY coaching spot.

Look smalls the sport that deal with the most money and most kids is? Football and that is why it matters.

Look smalls the sport that deal with the most money and most kids is? Football and that is why it matters.

Lol so should the governor of California be the President of the United States just because they have the highest population? Doesn't make much sense. Like I said: if he's qualified, give him the AD job too. If he's not, then don't pass on another, more qualified applicant who just so happens to coach another sport. That's all I'm saying.

Lol so should the governor of California be the President of the United States just because they have the highest population? Doesn't make much sense. Like I said: if he's qualified, give him the AD job too. If he's not, then don't pass on another, more qualified applicant who just so happens to coach another sport. That's all I'm saying.

It's gonna be the same story in Woodville. Trust me, y'all will not be successfull at the 2A level(new 3A) if y'all hire a head football coach that is not the AD. Name a successful football(3A and under) school in Texas where the football coach is not the AD...exactly, there's not one!

Name teams in the area in which the football coach is the AD they never win on a consistent basis:

Hemphill

Warren

Kountze

H-F

Woodville

The argument of having the AD be the head football coach to produce a winner lacks validity. Is the baseball and basketball coach not capable of leading a SPORTS PROGRAM to success?

Name teams in the area in which the football coach is the AD they never win on a consistent basis:

Hemphill
Warren
Kountze
H-F
Woodville

The argument of having the AD be the head football coach to produce a winner lacks validity. Is the baseball and basketball coach not capable of leading a SPORTS PROGRAM to success?

All of the aforementioned teams are trash and always will be trash in football. Look at all of the state champions classes 1A-3A in the last 10 years and see how many of their head coaches weren't the AD. I honestly don't know, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say everyone of them was the AD. Just saying.

All of the aforementioned teams are trash and always will be trash in football. Look at all of the state champions classes 1A-3A in the last 10 years and see how many of their head coaches weren't the AD. I honestly don't know, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say everyone of them was the AD.

Trash? Lol wow. Last time I checked, "trash" teams didn't come anywhere near making the playoffs. Ya know, like Woodville did in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012. Not to mention a district championship in 2005 and a playoff win over the #14 ranked team in the state at the time, New Waverly, in 2010. I know we aren't dominant year in and year out but geez. Lol someone sounds bitter.

Trash? Lol wow. Last time I checked, "trash" teams didn't come anywhere near making the playoffs. Ya know, like Woodville did in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012. Not to mention a district championship in 2005 and a playoff win over the #14 ranked team in the state at the time, New Waverly, in 2010. I know we aren't dominant year in and year out but geez. Lol someone sounds bitter.

Don't waste your time or breath on that guy Eagle. He is not from SETX, and all he does is try to stir the pot. He will say whatever he can to get a rise. You don'the call kids "trash".

Don't waste your time or breath on that guy Eagle. He is not from SETX, and all he does is try to stir the pot. He will say whatever he can to get a rise. You don'the call kids "trash".

I'm sorry your from Chester

Hemphill
Warren
Kountze
H-F
Woodville

you can also see that most of these schools go through ad head football coaches on a yearly basis and that has absolutely no bearing on that an athletic director is also someone who oversees all sports, budgets, etc and has also coached or been a part of all sports and has earned the right to become the athletic director/head football coach position for this reason most coaches want that title and btw kountze will prove to you that they can establish consistency in their program