Let's pick on another school district for a while

PhatMack19

But he is a great teacher......

Maybe but is that what matters the most here?

What if I show you a teacher with impeccable teaching credentials. He scored 4.0 in all college courses. All of his fellow college students claim that he is always pleasant and gets along with others and is a simply awesome instructor. He has the ability to get through to some students when others have failed. Simply put, he is the best possible teacher a district can ask for.

But when he shows up for work, you find out why he always wore long sleeve shirt with high collars. You find out that he has SS tattoos on one side of his neck and Aryan Brotherhood tats down both arms. On the other side of his neck he has a tat of a fist with White Power. Then he has a swastika on his forehead that he was covering with makeup. 

Do you want this simply awesome teacher in your school when at school he acts professionally. We don't even know if he belongs to any such groups or did at one time but changed. Do you really want him teaching your kids while exercising his First Amendment rights of freedom of speech..... after all, he is a great teacher? 

I am not comparing this to what is happening in Lumberton or anything close to it. It is only an example where simply being a good teacher might not tell the entire story and in some professions, appearance does matter. 

You are a teacher but I am sure that you have dress codes. Should it be that way or should you or anyone else be able to teach in any appearance as long as it is legal? 

I find it ironic that you use a guy with tattoos on his body indicating that he hates and is for the suppression of a certain group of people as an example of why Lumberton should be able to suppress a certain group of people. As to your question about the tattoos, I personally would not have a problem with them if he was no longer associated with the group and did not carry those beliefs anymore, but there's a difference between ostracizing someone in a hate group and becoming a community hate group to ostracize someone just because they're different.

People keep bringing up dresscodes, but that's not the issue here.  The issue is whether or not one accepts her as a woman.  If not, that's your belief, but dress codes have nothing to do with it.  She lives her life as a woman, does everything as a woman,has or is in the process of becoming a woman (i'm not completely familiar with where she is in that process) and based on her outfits i've seen in the media, attends school as the most conservatively dressed woman on campus. 

I believe they limit the number of speakers at open forum meetings so don't think that would apply.

This is a person that can't seem to figure out what they are...I would call that unstable, and in turn, would not be comfortable with putting them in charge of children.

You may be willing to take that chance (obviously so) but I'm not...kids come first in a school district.

It would seem to me that Ms. Klug knows exactly what she is, or she would not have taken such drastic steps, and endured such ridicule and hate to become it.

It would seem to me that Ms. Klug knows exactly what she is, or she would not have taken such drastic steps, and endured such ridicule and hate to become it.

first of all your poll is not scientific and second, in a world of political correctness where if you disagree with the LGBT mafia who is very much admired by the media then you are castigated so many who disagree will most likely keep silent!! That said, that does in no way mean that those speaking out in favor are in the majority. Finally, you do not know this individual personally, and until you do, then even your favorable opinion has no basis until you get to know him/her from spending a considerable amount of quality face time. As for me, I have to stand on the truth from God's word. Just because you like someone or sympathize with them as they struggle with a "huge" issue in their life, as a believer you cannot compromise on God's truth. I do not make light of anyone's confusion about who they are!! But I would not want this kind of confusion being put on display among young kids. If he/she wants to teach it should be at the high school level where the kids are older. JMHO!!!

I find it ironic that you use a guy with tattoos on his body indicating that he hates and is for the suppression of a certain group of people as an example of why Lumberton should be able to suppress a certain group of people. ............................. As to your question about the tattoos, I personally would not have a problem with them if he was no longer associated with the group ...................

There is no irony. I said that it was about appearance which is what was said. 

As far as the hate group tats, you might not care but I'll bet a majority of people would, particularly looking at the demographics in a particular area. 

There is no irony. I said that it was about appearance which is what was said. 

As far as the hate group tats, you might not care but I'll bet a majority of people would, particularly looking at the demographics in a particular area. 

but you asked MY opinion.  also, i think the majority of people would find the hate group tats MUCH more offensive, although there are some in SETX who would probably not. 

So when Mr/Ms Klug was born, God made a mistake and she figured it out and is making it right...don't think so.

Come on...your argument makes no sense.

What doesn't make sense to me is that on multiple occasions you've used the argument that "God wouldn't do that" as a justification for your beliefs.  But i mean, i guess maybe you have some sort of direct connection that i don't know about that lets you in on these things. 

Hippy will appreciate this one.

Many Lumberton parents are upset after a cross dresser was allowed to be a substitute teacher. Evidently the man dressed as a woman and subbed at the intermediate school multiple days last week. No word on which bathroom he/she/it used while at work all day.

Thoughts? Should cross dressers be allowed around middle school aged students?

The fact that we live in a world where this is even an issue blows my mind.

Edit: (The fact that we even have to worry about cross dressers in our society.)

What doesn't make sense to me is that on multiple occasions you've used the argument that "God wouldn't do that" as a justification for your beliefs.  But i mean, i guess maybe you have some sort of direct connection that i don't know about that lets you in on these things. 

God's Word makes it clear that many situations that the world deems as acceptable are not to Him.

As far as having a direct connection to God, yes, I do, it's called prayer and reading His Word...available to anyone that accepts Him as Lord and Savior.

I feel for Klun because he is clearly confused and not happy with the way God made him. There really must be some serious inner battles going on. He is desperate enough to be looking for a manmade gender change for happiness. That is sad. :(

On another note; if someone is tenacious enough to go through the process it takes to actually change your gender changing jobs should be a piece of cake. :) 

I have read/heard many stories where a student had to change shirts, had the wrong hairstyle, pants too baggy, etc because his/her dress style could be distracting to a learning environment. But a teacher that is a man dressed as a woman....no, that's not distracting at all.

Thank you Englebert, this is the same problem BISD has.  The rules don't apply to the adults, just the kids. If a kid made  a distraction of this sort, he/she would be suspended or expelled. No PUN intended (he/she). 

So they hired her, I mean him?

I'm not sure if they hired her or called her in to work a different job not teaching kids.....

They let her work.....so, they did not  discriminate  (as far as I can tell).....but just not around kids (supporting some of the parents)......pretty smart move I think....