Let's pick on another school district for a while

PhatMack19

Personally speaking; if I was being taught or instructed by a man dressed as a woman I would have a hard time staying focused or giving the instructor the credibility deserved. JMO, right or wrong.

have you seen pictures of the guy/girl?  she really looks quite ordinary.  i'd be pretty distracted if she came in dressed up like a drag queen, but from what i've seen in the media, i just don't see much there that is going to get the kids wound up.  as for distractions, i know a teacher that weighs nearly 600 lbs.  Should he be put before the board because he's a distraction?  should good looking female teachers be put before the board because they're distractions?  i remember in 5th or 6th grade we had a young, attractive teacher who wore tight, form hugging shirts, and it was generally quite obvious when it was cold in the room.  she was dressed nice, she didn't show a bunch of cleavage or anything like that, but on most days most of the boys had their attention glued to the teacher, but i don't believe many of us heard what she was saying.  all that to say, apart from maybe a temporary distraction, i'm having a hard time buying the argument, and it's even harder in light of the fact that this sub had apparently subbed there multiple times before without significant enough of a distraction for it to be brought up.

Hippy, by all means, please give is the 411. Surely, you're at the board meeting. Do spit it out. Because I see you still posting on the BISD thread tonight.

Like I have said many times....unlike others, I don't get on here and defend my school district because they are like me.......

I think they handled this completely wrong......Had I been in charge....

1.  If LISD decided we didn't want her back....I would have let her complete whatever schedule she had and not called her back (she is on a list with other subs) ...end of problem.

2.  If LISD agreed she should teach, she would still be on the list and she could be called.....

Note....there is no discrimination case according to the laws I have looked up.....but if they fire her, there will probably be a case and it may be a huge mistake for the district......

They should of handled it like I said and we wouldn't be having this conversation.......

Oh yea......GO RAIDERS :D

Like I have said many times....unlike others, I don't get on here and defend my school district because they are like me.......

I think they handled this completely wrong......Had I been in charge....

1. If LISD decided we didn't want her back....I would have let her complete whatever schedule she had and not called her back (she is on a list with other subs) ...end of problem.

2. If LISD agreed she should teach, she would still be on the list and she could be called.....

Note....there is no discrimination case according to the laws I have looked up.....but if they fire her, there will probably be a case and it may be a huge mistake for the district......

They should of handled it like I said and we wouldn't be having this conversation.......

Oh yea......GO RAIDERS :D

Not bad, Hippy. I COMPLETELY agree. (which is not often with us. ;) )

People keep mentioning her/him being fired. Correct me if I'm wrong but subs are on a list and are called on an as needed basis and are not permanent employees of the district. They don't need to fire her/him, just don't call them anymore.

yes,,,but it appears LISD didn't want BISD hogging up all that free press, so they made it a controversial issue when it was a simple fix........

I have already stated my view but here’s the real question. Why and how was (s)he hired? Was his gender and situation revealed prior to hiring? Did he mislead them during the hiring process? Did they know his situation and hire him anyway?

If they hired him know he was a man who dressed and acted like woman then they should support their hire. If they were misled and the sub misrepresented himself they should quit using him as a sub.