Let's pick on another school district for a while

PhatMack19

Go ahead lumberton. Fire her cuz she's a cross dresser. I bet she's got lawyers lining up for that lawsuit.

Are subs actually employees of the schools? I always thought they were temporary employees used on an as needed basis.

It's not against the law by the way

"Although federal laws protect people from workplace discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age, and disability, there is no federal law that specifically outlaws workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation in the private sector. "

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sexual-orientation-discrimination-rights-29541.html

Are subs actually employees of the schools? I always thought they were temporary employees used on an as needed basis.

It's not against the law by the way

"Although federal laws protect people from workplace discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age, and disability, there is no federal law that specifically outlaws workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation in the private sector. "

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sexual-orientation-discrimination-rights-29541.html

Now, part of this I do know is correct. Subs are used on an as needed basis. The school district can continue to use them or elect to use a different sub for whatever reason. The sub should be trying to impress the school district so that perhaps the school district can hire them full time.

In this case, I don't think this sub is doing a good job at that since she/he is causing this kind of ruckus...

Is this acceptable for students in the district? If not, it shouldn’t be acceptable for staff.

Furthermore, in the education world where a school freaks out when someone simply walks down the hall while testing is going on (some of you know what I'm talking about) because of the potential distraction, you have to consider the potential distraction of the teacher.

BTW - just because he calls himself a she doesn’t make him a she.

For clarification purposes, this individual isn't a "cross-dresser", but someone born a man who is going through all the medical procedures necessary to at least have his male anatomy changed to female anatomy!  At the end of the day what is really at stake here, and in America, is whether individuals can have values and want to impart those value to there children, or does the "state" have the right to tell parents they cannot impart their values to their own children.  Of course the "state" is not some sort of inanimate object, but is really run by elected individuals and appointed bureaucrats who in affect are imposing their values by use of the "state" and "we the people" are just letting them run roughshod over us. And all the while on this little incident here in little ole Lumberton, people on both sides of this issue will behave badly and say bad things and get caught up in this little skirmish but miss the bigger picture of where this country is really headed!!! 

Now, part of this I do know is correct. Subs are used on an as needed basis. The school district can continue to use them or elect to use a different sub for whatever reason. The sub should be trying to impress the school district so that perhaps the school district can hire them full time.

In this case, I don't think this sub is doing a good job at that since she/he is causing this kind of ruckus...

I didn't realize she ran thru the school disrupting classes and pronouncing their sexual self  ;)

if we're this worried about distractions, the only answer is to completely seperate boys and girls from middle school on.  i guarantee you girls beginning to turn into young women is much more distracting to young males than some kid's long hair or questionable t-shirt. 

It’s quite the stretch to compare the destraction of a young ladies natural maturity progression to a cross-dressing male working toward eliminating his manhood to become a woman.

And a natural, healthy distraction for young men...surely you can see the difference.

and a natural, healthy, CONSTANT distraction for young men.  the main difference i see is that these kids go in, see this guy dressed as a lady (think Ms. Doubtfire, not Ru Paul), and MAYBE it distracts them for a few minutes, and then likely only for the first time she subs for them. on the flipside, they go in and sit next to a girl they think is pretty, and not only will it distract them all class, it will distract them all YEAR.  my point being i respect a Biblical argument in this situation much more than i do a "distraction" argument, as the distraction argument is really just a copout made by those who don't have the backbone to admit why they really have a problem with it. if this were truly such a distraction, than this issue would've come up during one of the previous times that she subbed in the district.  and if we're truly so worried about distractions, then all schools should be divided into boys and girls so that they'll concentrate on learning.  

and a natural, healthy, CONSTANT distraction for young men.  the main difference i see is that these kids go in, see this guy dressed as a lady (think Ms. Doubtfire, not Ru Paul), and MAYBE it distracts them for a few minutes, and then likely only for the first time she subs for them. on the flipside, they go in and sit next to a girl they think is pretty, and not only will it distract them all class, it will distract them all YEAR.  my point being i respect a Biblical argument in this situation much more than i do a "distraction" argument, as the distraction argument is really just a copout made by those who don't have the backbone to admit why they really have a problem with it. if this were truly such a distraction, than this issue would've come up during one of the previous times that she subbed in the district.  and if we're truly so worried about distractions, then all schools should be divided into boys and girls so that they'll concentrate on learning.  

My main disagreement with this was never about it simply being a distraction...I was only commenting on your post.

I have a problem with willfully allowing perverted behavior around middle (or any age) school kids.