What was the biggest upset you were ever involved in?

Guest Kelly Football

Guest Kelly Football

What was the biggest upset you were ever involved in?

Talk about your miracle upset win, or your unexpected upset loss, that wasn't supposed to happen.

This game didnt get much attention back then, but it was quite a shocker when it happened.  In the 95-96' season, over the christmas holidays I saw Orangefield beat West Orange Stark at WOS 82-75.  Back then West Orange was a considerably bigger school (they still are compared to OF) and was 4A, and they were very good.  They played a couple of guys over 6'6 and i believe they made the playoffs that year.  I believe its the only time OF has won at WOS.

1991-1992 season...my Soph year at PN-G...we Beat Port Arthur Lincoln in a district game. It was the first time in awhile Lincoln had lost a district game. It was a pretty neat experience. Behind the hot shooting of Joel Lafleur, the indians prevailed by 3 points, something like 50-47

Guest bleed orange

No one will remember this one. In 1980 Orangefield (Ranked probably 200 out of 240) went to East Chambers and shocked the #8 ranked Buc's 52-51. Guess who played on that team for EC? A little hint, his son is a junior on the team now.

I had just returned home from a mini-vacation to Vegas.....I had lost $8500......but the wife only knew about $2000...the $2000 I pulled out of the bank account while I was in Vegas.  Needless to say, it was the biggest upset of my life.  The wife won everything in the divorce. 

I felt like what the Miami players must have felt like when Flutie and BC beat them on the Hail Mary!  I felt like what Mike Tyson must have felt when Buster Douglass shocked the world!  I felt like what the Longhorns must have felt like when Coach Fran and the Ags won the Lonestar Showdown this year!  I felt like.....biggest upset of my life :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder