San Augustine Wolves Football Schedule 2014

mmccary

There will be lots of points scored... By both teams.

This is a mismatch. SA does not have the OL/DL to stay in this game. Too many resources at Splendora. Splendora does not have an athlete as good as Jamikel Roberts but that is the end of the story. This game should not have been scheduled. Hopefully they will not play a JV game. Splendora will field 50-70 players for the JV game when they combine the freshman and sophomores.  

This is a mismatch. SA does not have the OL/DL to stay in this game. Too many resources at Splendora. Splendora does not have an athlete as good as Jamikel Roberts but that is the end of the story. This game should not have been scheduled. Hopefully they will not play a JV game. Splendora will field 50-70 players for the JV game when they combine the freshman and sophomores.

Not many teams wanted to schedule SA. You are not sure what SA has coming up!

Not many teams wanted to schedule SA. You are not sure what SA has coming up!

I know every player on the SA team. They cant compete with Splendora. I know Splendora is not a great program for 4A D1 but there is a big difference between a school with 1000 students and a school with 185 students. Splendora has a decent group of kids and will be competitive. I hope SA does well. That does not exclude me from being realistic. SA will see the greatest deficit on the line. The loss of Dez and Jarvis Smith is going to hurt more than you think. SA is going to have to run the ball this year and they will have to do it against Splendora with Splendora lineman having a free for all. SA will likely not have a lineman that would start for Splendora depending upon how Barnes develops.  

Yes do explain how splendoras awesome defense shut people down consistently, especially teams with speed that spread them out.

The 4A against 1A excuse is being used in that post.  More kids to pick from.....the SA 2003 state team could have went against most of the major 4A-5A teams IMO

Yes do explain how splendoras awesome defense shut people down consistently, especially teams with speed that spread them out.

I think I stated clearly that Splendora does not have an athlete that will match Jamikel Roberts. SA will field a team of 20-28 players on varsity and they may or may not have a JV depending upon whether or not they get 11-13 freshmen that cant play varsity.  Splendora will field a varsity team, JV team and freshman team. The 2014 SA team will not remotely resemble the 2003 team or even the 2012 team for that matter. I have seen Splendora closely and SA much closer. Splendora has too many resources for a school with 185 students and only 35-40 total players in the football program. Splendora plays against a much higher caliber opponent on a week in/week out basis. There is a very real reason why they do not compete in 1A/2A. That is why coaches across the state clamor for new classifications that are more competitive for football. How many times has a school dropped a classification and then win the state championship? I have heard countless 1A/2A coaches complain about being in a district with schools that have 250-300 kids. It is no knock on SA that Splendora has nearly 1000 students.

I think I stated clearly that Splendora does not have an athlete that will match Jamikel Roberts. SA will field a team of 20-28 players on varsity and they may or may not have a JV depending upon whether or not they get 11-13 freshmen that cant play varsity.  Splendora will field a varsity team, JV team and freshman team. The 2014 SA team will not remotely resemble the 2003 team or even the 2012 team for that matter. I have seen Splendora closely and SA much closer. Splendora has too many resources for a school with 185 students and only 35-40 total players in the football program. Splendora plays against a much higher caliber opponent on a week in/week out basis. There is a very real reason why they do not compete in 1A/2A. That is why coaches across the state clamor for new classifications that are more competitive for football. How many times has a school dropped a classification and then win the state championship? I have heard countless 1A/2A coaches complain about being in a district with schools that have 250-300 kids. It is no knock on SA that Splendora has nearly 1000 students.

They have about 20 coming back alone...plus what was on jv which was probably about 15. Just as many 8th graders coming up this next year that will be a very bright spot for SA when they hit varsity. It's a david vs goliath story....but it's not like SA had anyone else to schedule. When have you seen SA play a dallas based team and a houston based team in one year. Tenaha and Timpson bailed out last minute.

I think I stated clearly that Splendora does not have an athlete that will match Jamikel Roberts. SA will field a team of 20-28 players on varsity and they may or may not have a JV depending upon whether or not they get 11-13 freshmen that cant play varsity. Splendora will field a varsity team, JV team and freshman team. The 2014 SA team will not remotely resemble the 2003 team or even the 2012 team for that matter. I have seen Splendora closely and SA much closer. Splendora has too many resources for a school with 185 students and only 35-40 total players in the football program. Splendora plays against a much higher caliber opponent on a week in/week out basis. There is a very real reason why they do not compete in 1A/2A. That is why coaches across the state clamor for new classifications that are more competitive for football. How many times has a school dropped a classification and then win the state championship? I have heard countless 1A/2A coaches complain about being in a district with schools that have 250-300 kids. It is no knock on SA that Splendora has nearly 1000 students.

I agree with your concept. But you still haven't answered my statement. Splendora was terrible at stopping athletic teams and spread teams. SA brings both to the table. No matter how many kids you have, at some point someone on the field is going to have to make a play in space. Splendora graduates a big senior class so it's not like they are a veteran ball club. And they aren't the most athletic bunch either.

I agree with your concept. But you still haven't answered my statement. Splendora was terrible at stopping athletic teams and spread teams. SA brings both to the table. No matter how many kids you have, at some point someone on the field is going to have to make a play in space. Splendora graduates a big senior class so it's not like they are a veteran ball club. And they aren't the most athletic bunch either.

SA's level of athleticism is not as high when compared with 4A D2. In terms of stopping athletic teams, don't confuse SA with Coldspring, Liberty, Cleveland and Huffman. SA has had some teams that could compete with Splendora in certain years but not this year. If Splendora were playing 1A/2A you would think they had athletes. SA will have a few skill players that can compete with Splendora. The OL/DL is going to be wiped out. I am NOT saying that Splendora is 4A D2 powerhouse but they are a 4A D2 team.

They have about 20 coming back alone...plus what was on jv which was probably about 15. Just as many 8th graders coming up this next year that will be a very bright spot for SA when they hit varsity. It's a david vs goliath story....but it's not like SA had anyone else to schedule. When have you seen SA play a dallas based team and a houston based team in one year. Tenaha and Timpson bailed out last minute.

I agree with you on the schedule conflicts. There were few options. You have to take the cards you were dealt.

I don't see SA competing doing well against Splendora either. I know SA has athletes but games are won up front. Those Splendora linemen are gonna be too big and strong. Its hard for even the best athletes to make things happen when there are guys getting into the backfield all night. Then you have to look at depth. Splendora will have way more players that can go in and give a breather while also doing a job. Not knocking SA at all, because they are a good team at their level, but I fully agree with 89falcon