San Augustine Wolves Football Schedule 2014

mmccary

• 2 weeks later...

All this arguing, can't we all just get along! lol. Look, both sides of the coin make valid points. While it's true that you can only put 11 kids on the field at a time, would you rather pick your 11 from 1,000, or from 185. 89Falcon is correct in the fact that he OLine is usually where the biggest descrepency lies when a 4A is playing a 2A. A 2A school may have 3 or 4 kids over 200lbs playing OLine, where a 4A will probably have 12-15. I'd rather pick from the larger pool. As far as ahtletes, it's all about the genetics and what happened to fall in that 2 or 3 year span in the small town. At a 1A, you could probably put an all-star team of the past 10 years together and have a legitimate shot at a state championship calibur team. Problem is those kids rarely fall in the same 2-3 year cycle, as it's more likely to have a great player at each positon every 10-12 years. The teams that come out of nowhere and win state, are those lucky towns that put those genetics together with hard work and good coaching.

A similar comparision that gets brought up often in our neck of the woods is Liberty vs. Hull-Daisetta. HD always used to want to play Liberty, but the Panthers had very little to gain. If they were much better than HD, then they wouldn't get anything out of playing them. If they were on a down year, it would be a disaster to lose to a cross county school with 1/4 of your enrollment. HD and Liberty have similar athletes, year in and year out. I would say over a 20 year span, Liberty would beat HD 15 out of 20 games. That means those 5 best teams at HD happen to fall when Liberty doesn't have their best teams, and it plays out. I think SA is in the same boat with Splendora. It helps to have those numbers, but it can be overcame. Spledora will have the edge on the OLine and in depth, especially in the secondary. Can SA win, absoultely. Would I bet money on them? No way. I think SA is an above average 2A and Splendora is a below average 4A. That usually makes for a good matchup. If I had to pick an outcome right now, I'd say...... Spledora - 42   SA - 26. Competeitive game and helps get both teams ready for district play.... and that's what it's all about.

When did Huntington have more numbers than teams they have played? They did had to scrap the freshman team the last two years. They are playing some smaller schools next year and you will be suprised at what happens. Huntington has a strong Jr class and a small but talented Sr class. Put me on the record now that Huntington will finish with their first non-losing record (5-5 or 6-4) in school history next year.

I agree with Falcon on this, Huntington's jr class is prob the best to ever go through Huntington.  They have a coach (Sodequist) that knows the kids strengths and has put in an offense that can give them an advantage.  He has also put together a schedule that they can compete with and with the new alignment I believe they have their first non losing record in the programs history and may even make the playoffs.

Yes, but he is a Track star not a true RB.

You're out of your mind. Lol that kid is a hell of a running back. You either haven't seen him play or weren't watching the right guy.
And some people seem to downplay the talent-difference between the classes. There's a reason they're separated. Unless you're taking an extremely talented 1A school and playing them against a very mediocre 3A school, the outcome usually isn't very pretty. Splendora is an average 3A and SA is an above average 1A BUT not talented enough to beat a large school like that.
But on another note. I admire greatly a coach who is willing to play games like that. It's good for the program and good for everyone around the team to play games like this. Coach Hubbard is a great coach. And ANY great coach should have confidence that his team can beat any team.

You're out of your mind. Lol that kid is a hell of a running back. You either haven't seen him play or weren't watching the right guy.
And some people seem to downplay the talent-difference between the classes. There's a reason they're separated. Unless you're taking an extremely talented 1A school and playing them against a very mediocre 3A school, the outcome usually isn't very pretty. Splendora is an average 3A and SA is an above average 1A BUT not talented enough to beat a large school like that.
But on another note. I admire greatly a coach who is willing to play games like that. It's good for the program and good for everyone around the team to play games like this. Coach Hubbard is a great coach. And ANY great coach should have confidence that his team can beat any team.

Whatever you say then.....I know J. Pretty well ......And he is A+ Track Star.....Not a running back...I promise u I have seen him play football & run Track more than you. ....

Whatever you say then.....I know J. Pretty well ......And he is A+ Track Star.....Not a running back...I promise u I have seen him play football & run Track more than you. ....

I have seen him play football. He looked pretty good to me.

Well the maybe you don't know footba talent when you see it. That kid may be a track star and good for him if he is. But there's no denying that he's a hell of a football player and wl easily play at the next level.

SA will win! They have tradition and no how to play football when is the last time Splendora had a winning season SA will take there thirty to forty kids and show Splendora what football is all about.

I am an SA fan but this is ridiculous. SA had a losing season last year. The tradition is about two years old. There have been great years and horrible years. Slightly over .500 all time. Since 2006 SA has three winning seasons, Splendora has one. In the last 20 years SA is 107-113. SA will be as over matched on the line as they ever have. Splendora will have the fastest player on the field. This not a good match up. There was a difficult time getting a game and Splendora was available and I get that. We need to keep it real.