Silsbee v East Chambers Scrimmage/ Post comments here

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1426407" timestamp="1377258800"]
Silsbee better step it up before next week. Fumbles seem to be a weakness. [b]EC with a young offensive line stood toe to toe with Silsbee by one poster [/b]. An experienced line can do damage against them. Good job EC, another representative of 10-2ADI.
[/quote]

I don't know about this toe-to-toe thing. EC offensive line produced a total of just 46 yards in controlled scrimmage (-14 rushing) and 85 total yards (-15 rushing) in the 2 quarter live scrimmage.

I think it was obvious that Silsbee defense out performed the EC offense. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1426416" timestamp="1377259822"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=113468.msg1426407#msg1426407 date=1377258800]
Silsbee better step it up before next week. Fumbles seem to be a weakness. [b]EC with a young offensive line stood toe to toe with Silsbee by one poster [/b]. An experienced line can do damage against them. Good job EC, another representative of 10-2ADI.
[/quote]

I don't know about this toe-to-toe thing. EC offensive line produced a total of just 46 yards in controlled scrimmage (-14 rushing) and 85 total yards (-15 rushing) in the 2 quarter live scrimmage.

[/quote]

Any way you want to spin it AAW, Silsbee has 2 tds in 2 scrimmages against 2A teams. You can say how "obvious" this or that is. What is "obvious" to me is Silsbee better find something they have been missing in these scrimmages. And I don't care if "their coach said". I saw them last week and you saw them this week. With all the preseason hype they should have rolled over at least one of these two teams. Hasn't happened.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1426418" timestamp="1377260247"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=113468.msg1426416#msg1426416 date=1377259822]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=113468.msg1426407#msg1426407 date=1377258800]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Any way you want to spin it AAW, Silsbee has 2 tds in 2 scrimmages against 2A teams. You can say how "obvious" this or that is. What is "obvious" to me is Silsbee better find something they have been missing in these scrimmages. And I don't care if "their coach said". I saw them last week and you saw them this week. With all the preseason hype they should have rolled over at least one of these two teams. Hasn't happened.
[/quote]

My comment was about the EC offensive line and how they performed against the Silsbee defense. It was in regards to the comment made about going "toe to toe". That was not the case.

As for the rest of the scrimmage, I have already made my comments on that subject.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1426419" timestamp="1377260545"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=113468.msg1426418#msg1426418 date=1377260247]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=113468.msg1426416#msg1426416 date=1377259822]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My comment was about the EC offensive line and how they performed against the Silsbee defense. It was in regards to the comment made about going "toe to toe". [b]That was not the case.[/b]

As for the rest of the scrimmage, I have already made my comments on that subject.
[/quote]

In your opinion "this was not the case". One poster said it wasn't that obvious. I quoted them with the "toe to toe". I believe it's up to the individual to believe whom they wish as posters and just because your opinion is "this was not the case" doesn't make it the absolute truth. I saw Silsbee last week and all the excuses in the world will not make that scrimmage anything other than what it was. Silsbee got hammered IMO. So to me EC's young offensive line must have done pretty well by simply staying on the field with Silsbee's "beast" and their defense. Other posters said the yardage lost by EC was due to a couple big QB sacks.  Again, Silsbee better step it up before next week, IMO.  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1426416" timestamp="1377259822"]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm not going to sugar coat it. I think your both correct. Silsbee defense out performed EC offense but EC had some success passing the ball. EC's running game did struggle. There was a lot of times EC did stand toe to toe. I don't think Dory Roberts was at 100% coming off sprained ankle from Tarkington but that is no excuse. Someone is going to have to step up and make it happened or EC will struggle in big games. Remember this was just a scrimmage and both teams have only been practicing 3 weeks and will get better. I did think EC blocking improve since the last scrimmage but I would like to see this young team get their head/body on the correct side and move the defense out of the hole creating lanes. The defense would slide off the blocker and make tackle. I'm not talking about just lineman. It's the lead RB, WR as a team. Thats just my opinion take it like a grain of salt. LOL ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317