Katy ISD New Stadium

I think Rhoades is only 10,000, not sure though...... Good location for it. The land is there and that spot is about as center of the district as you can get..... Not like cy fair or Conroe where schools are so far apart from a stadium. Figured this was coming, just didn't know when.

They had no choice but to build a new stadium, they got another HS built. Thurs-sat football schedule along with band comps and other things, gotta be able to fit all that in. I think they could have went 16-18K since they got money but good news for them nonetheless.

[quote name="North Shore Mike" post="1419805" timestamp="1374116821"]
Great that they have a new stadium. A lot of followings throughout the District  not only Katy. Scheduling nightmare could happen with them being that close. Games the same night. Do they start at the same time or do they start one at  one time and the other later. [b]Traffic nightmare[/b].
[/quote]Wait for that to happen come playoff time.  ;)

[quote name="North Shore Mike" post="1419805" timestamp="1374116821"]
Great that they have a new stadium. A lot of followings throughout the District  not only Katy. Scheduling nightmare could happen with them being that close. Games the same night. Do they start at the same time or do they start one at  one time and the other later. Traffic nightmare.
[/quote]

I work a block away from Rhodes, they are expanding Katyland to 4 lanes and putting lights on Katy-Fort Bend.  Also, once 99 is done people can exit onto Franz and go that way.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1419823" timestamp="1374119857"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=112967.msg1419820#msg1419820 date=1374119365]
Great, my taxes are going up again.  ::)
[/quote]You didn't know about the new stadium?  ???
[/quote]

nope, first i heard of it, and I have neighbors that work for KISD.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1419824" timestamp="1374119905"]
[quote author=North Shore Mike link=topic=112967.msg1419805#msg1419805 date=1374116821]
Great that they have a new stadium. A lot of followings throughout the District  not only Katy. Scheduling nightmare could happen with them being that close. Games the same night. Do they start at the same time or do they start one at  one time and the other later. Traffic nightmare.
[/quote]

I work a block away from Rhodes, they are expanding Katyland to 4 lanes and putting lights on Katy-Fort Bend.  Also, once 99 is done people can exit onto Franz and go that way.

[b]That will help tremendously. Looks like 2 games in the same night is feasible. A High School football fan's dream if they start  the games at different times.[/b]

[quote name="bigdog" post="1419828" timestamp="1374120877"]
So I guess they are not replacing Rhodes.  [b]I would have put the other stadium somewhere south of I-10[/b]  right off of 99.
[/quote]  ;) that makes too much sense, too much like right, thats why they didnt do it lol.  :-X

[quote name="bigdog" post="1419828" timestamp="1374120877"]
So I guess they are not replacing Rhodes.  I would have put the other stadium somewhere south of I-10  right off of 99.
[/quote]

Katy HS faithful wouldn't let that happen. There is no way Katy would play in the old stadium while the south HS play in a new stadium. Good ol Katy politics. ;)

They have land by Cross Creek Ranch and Seven Lakes where they should've built. Thompkins, Seven Lakes, Cinco Ranch, and Taylor could've used the South Stadium. Makes too much sense.

Rendering shows a nice stadium, but not as nice as TURNER.

Katy should take a page from Humble and do a major renovation of Rhodes a.k.a. "the dump."  Better yet, build a new stadium, one that is truly befitting of a perennial State Championship program.  No reason why Katy shouldn't have a stadium every bit as nice as Allen.  The money is there ...Katy should spend it.  The Tigers have earned the respect of a top notch facility. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1419916" timestamp="1374167311"]

Katy should take a page from Humble and do a major renovation of Rhodes a.k.a. "the dump."  Better yet, build a new stadium, one that is truly befitting of a perennial State Championship program.  No reason why Katy shouldn't have a stadium every bit as nice as Allen.  The money is there ...Katy should spend it.  The Tigers have earned the respect of a top notch facility.
[/quote]

I think it looks nicer then Turner Stadium. They have 7 high schools, so a second stadium needed to be built. I think most agree. The location is the issue. The two stadiums are a few blocks from each other. The reason for that is so Katy HS can play in a new stadium. ;)

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1419927" timestamp="1374168787"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112967.msg1419916#msg1419916 date=1374167311]

[/quote]

I think it looks nicer then Turner Stadium. They have 7 high schools, so a second stadium needed to be built. I think most agree. The location is the issue. The two stadiums are a few blocks from each other. The reason for that is so Katy HS can play in a new stadium. ;)
[/quote]Agreed.  8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1419916" timestamp="1374167311"]

[/quote]

If you want to pay my taxes, PM me your address and I will send you the bill.  ::)  I don't disagree that they need a new stadium, but they could have built an replacement and expanded one of the stadiums at the other schools.  Cinco Ranch, Taylor and Seven Lakes all  have nice practice fields, they could expand parking and add some stands for those teams.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1419985" timestamp="1374176535"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112967.msg1419916#msg1419916 date=1374167311]

[/quote]

If you want to pay my taxes, PM me your address and I will send you the bill.  ::)  I don't disagree that they need a new stadium, but they could have built an replacement and expanded one of the stadiums at the other schools.  Cinco Ranch, Taylor and Seven Lakes all  have nice practice fields, they could expand parking and add some stands for those teams.
[/quote]

I think they are looking at the cost of running several stadiums for 5 games a year vs 2 for 40... I am sure the upkeep on 2 fully equipped stadiums is cheaper then running 5...

True, but building out just one as a stadium for the south end high schools would not cost as much.  A couple of them already have a pretty good set of stands on one side.  They would have to build visitor's stands, a press box and restrooms and maybe one or two concession stands and that's it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siya
    Newest Member
    siya