HUGE Select Softball Team List !....and GROWING!

Below is a list of Select Teams / Organizations that have posted on here over the last year.
This list is in NO SPECIFIC ORDER....just as I found them going through posts.
Let me know if some have changed or need to be added.
I know there are way more teams than this outside of the Golden Triangle.
I would like to also know how many of these have multiple age groups.
I know this list covers a LARGE area and not just the Golden Triangle.
Just a Question....
      Do we really have that many select players around here to fill all of the teams listed?
      Are there enough pitchers out there to cover all the teams?
      How many of these Organizations have College Recruiting at 16U, 18U or GOLD Level? 

Octane Fastpitch
Orange Crush
Beaumont Blast
Young Guns
Impact Gold
Houston Power - Beaumont
[s]GT Shockers[/s] – Impact Gold - Beaumont
Mid-County MOJO
MOJO
Bayou Bats
Texas Bombers HTX
OOC
GT Gators
No Mercy
Rage Softball
Dickinson I45s
Sun Devils
Texas Strikers
Mid County Black Widows
Indian Nation
Barbers Hill Sting
Texas Heat
Baytown Blue Thunder
Humble Cobras
Juice Power Softball
Extreme Heat
Texas Storm
Texas Boom
Aces Express
Mid County Shockers
Bullet Softball
Hit Away Gold
Coastal Impact
Texas Shockwave
HERricanes
Chaos Softball
Texas Cobras
Unleeshed
MissFitz
Stars & Stripes
Nitro
Team Madness
Stingers
Southern Surge
Houston Havoc
Aftershock
Baytown Cougars
Texas Triple Threat
BH Sting
Angels
Smack Attack
Mid-County Chargers

No Sir,
We do not. But who is going to make that call. It should be the coach I know. But what makes you or me as coach have that right . I never once played the game of fast pitch softball. Raised my kids in it. Be coaching it for over twenty years. been throw softball camps all over the place. But what still give me that right. It is one thing and only one thing kids and their parent that play for me. So I do know where you are going with this please do not do it. You are for sure going to make some people mad if you do.

[quote name="Be Smart" post="1419348" timestamp="1374003832"]
No Sir,
We do not. But who is going to make that call. It should be the coach I know. But what makes you or me as coach have that right . I never once played the game of fast pitch softball. Raised my kids in it. Be coaching it for over twenty years. been throw softball camps all over the place. But what still give me that right. It is one thing and only one thing kids and their parent that play for me. So I do know where you are going with this please do not do it. You are for sure going to make some people mad if you do.
[/quote]

What? Really confused by your response. Could you clarify?

[quote name="Young Guns GOLD" post="1419367" timestamp="1374006068"]
got them added....thanks

Not sure of your point...Be Smart?
[/quote] Impact Gold does it because of name recognition. Every team is called Impact Gold from 8U to 18 Gold. That is what I was told. It seperates them (us)  from other teams that are called Impact. It sounds a little unusal to me also but it is what it is.  Everyone has reasons for what they do and you don't have to aggree with them just attempt to understand and move on.

Guest Toe Jam
[quote name="trout" post="1419430" timestamp="1374013823"]
[quote author=Young Guns GOLD link=topic=112920.msg1419367#msg1419367 date=1374006068]
got them added....thanks

[/quote] Impact Gold does it because of name recognition. Every team is called Impact Gold from 8U to 18 Gold. That is what I was told. It seperates them (us)  from other teams that are called Impact. It sounds a little unusal to me also but it is what it is.  Everyone has reasons for what they do and you don't have to aggree with them just attempt to understand and move on.
[/quote][quote author=MBB2 link=topic=112920.msg1419317#msg1419317 date=1374000330]
I don't understand using the Gold name at younger levels.  Gold 12U, Gold 10U- matter of fact I saw a Gold 8U looking for players.  Did ASA add another level above Class A for those ages?
[/quote]

Very good point MBB2!  And a very poor attempt at an explanation trout.  The truth of the matter is that teams throw the "Gold" designation behind their team name in an attempt to attract players to a team that is no more gold than the fillings in my teeth.  You should have to be certified by ASA to signify your team as gold and only for the roster that qualified as gold.  The designation "Gold" now means nothing in the fast pitch softball world.

[quote name="Toe Jam" post="1419470" timestamp="1374020599"]
[quote author=trout link=topic=112920.msg1419430#msg1419430 date=1374013823]
[quote author=Young Guns GOLD link=topic=112920.msg1419367#msg1419367 date=1374006068]
got them added....thanks

[/quote][quote author=MBB2 link=topic=112920.msg1419317#msg1419317 date=1374000330]
I don't understand using the Gold name at younger levels.  Gold 12U, Gold 10U- matter of fact I saw a Gold 8U looking for players.  Did ASA add another level above Class A for those ages?
[/quote]

Very good point MBB2!  And a very poor attempt at an explanation trout.  The truth of the matter is that teams throw the "Gold" designation behind their team name in an attempt to attract players to a team that is no more gold than the fillings in my teeth.  You should have to be certified by ASA to signify your team as gold and only for the roster that qualified as gold.  The designation "Gold" now means nothing in the fast pitch softball world.
[/quote]

the word "Gold hasn't meant much in the softball world since 'the recruiting" binge started...qualifiers are being used for recruiting, teams don't care if they have a chance in heck to qualify as long as coaches are there.

A few years back there was talk about adding other rounds to eliminate the imposters....kinda like a qualifier for the qualifiers....college coaches would only show up to the "actual" qualifier to save their time.

with all that said....why do you even care what a team calls themselves....and on another note...if you think people all over this country coast to coast do not recognize the "Impact Gold" name....well, there isn't much that can be done for you....just sayin'

and NO its not a very good point, in fact its a very poor attempt to disquise bashing the new "impact gold" organization....mediocrity hates excellence! Always has...always will....

Woah, there.  I see where this went and understand your enthusiastic reaction but before you get your pitchforks in a frenzy let me clarify that I was NOT thinking of any one group.  Matter of fact there is a similar post by me several months ago on this board asking the exact same question and that was well before any recent announcements.  A quick board search will find it... just sayin.

Good point on branding, but wouldn't that mean the top team is, for example, Elite Gold Gold?  Hell, maybe they are for all I know.

Ok, go back to sharpening your Internet knives...

Marvin

[quote name="Toe Jam" post="1419470" timestamp="1374020599"]
[quote author=trout link=topic=112920.msg1419430#msg1419430 date=1374013823]
got them added....thanks

[/quote]

[/quote] I really just love these small, weak people who make up a name to give a reply to cut others down. You mean nothing Toe Jam because you don't have the guts to stand up for who you are. If you were a quality person stand up for yourself, only cowards hide behind fake names with only 1 post. 

Kiddo and I were at a tournament recently and we walked by a field that was 14U I think.  Both teams were named Gold.  One of them was not very good at all and it just stuck with me.  It's not like those teams were well known... far as I know.  Lady Unicorns Gold 14U, something like that.

With Hannah heading off to school I don't have a vested interest one way or the other so there really was no agenda with the question.  Lampl has a great group and it was at his events our daughter got her first exposure.  The branding answer makes sense I guess, even if it doesn't apply to the vast majority of organizations doing it. 

Marvin Blackmon
(full name for full disclosure!)

My thoughts...... Not that they mean anything for sure, are that as long as there are kids willing to put out the work and WANT to play select, then there should be teams for them to play on. Granted some teams are going to be weaker than others. But who are any of us to tell a kid they CAN NOT play Select. Or, who shouldn't be coaching a select team. Yes, there are allot of teams listed, but evidently they have the kids that want to play or they wouldn't have the team. All kids need a team that fit their own needs and surely with this huge list someone should be able to find a team. I believe the better teams, will eventually get the better talent as time goes on.

As far as the GOLD name being added to teams names..... Who cares ! You still have to play the game and it doesn't take long to see who is and who isn't. Impact Gold has been around for years and produced some great teams. I wish the new Impact Gold (GTS) good luck in their future. Except when they play CRUSH (jk.. lol)

Must be getting close to TRYOUT time again....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hahahahahahahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..........................Get a clue............................

This is the reason the list is so long ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hahahahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go back and compete in league and save your money...........All-stars need love too......... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Houston Power and Impact Gold coming to Beaumont is awesome for our girls! The ones it will benefit are our girls who have what it takes to make it to a big D1. It's sad to say, but once you get the right combination of hard work, talent, determination, and attitude on the players part, it DOES matter what name they have on that jersey. We know from experience. Parents have to be willing to turn your daughter's game over to the coach/manager/organization that's willing to push her beyond what she thought was her limits, then let things happen. If our local coaches don't live up to those organizations expectations and reputation, they won't be coaches for long. And that's a good thing. The local softball drama won't last long with those groups. Parents and kids will have to step up their game and rise to the level of success. Some of our local guys have done an amazing job getting our local players to the next level, but it's time to make things better. There will still be a place for some of these smaller organizations, but this opens up so many possibilities! My advice is to find out what your daughter's goal is, and give her every opportunity to reach it. It's not going to fall in her lap in softball.

[quote name="AMc" post="1419905" timestamp="1374165739"]
Houston Power and Impact Gold coming to Beaumont is awesome for our girls! The ones it will benefit are our girls who have what it takes to make it to a big D1. It's sad to say, but once you get the right combination of hard work, talent, determination, and attitude on the players part, it DOES matter what name they have on that jersey. We know from experience. Parents have to be willing to turn your daughter's game over to the coach/manager/organization that's willing to push her beyond what she thought was her limits, then let things happen. If our local coaches don't live up to those organizations expectations and reputation, they won't be coaches for long. And that's a good thing. The local softball drama won't last long with those groups. Parents and kids will have to step up their game and rise to the level of success. Some of our local guys have done an amazing job getting our local players to the next level, but it's time to make things better. There will still be a place for some of these smaller organizations, but this opens up so many possibilities! My advice is to find out what your daughter's goal is, and give her every opportunity to reach it. It's not going to fall in her lap in softball.
[/quote]

One of the BEST post I've read on here in a LONG time.

+1

[quote name="Craig S" post="1419909" timestamp="1374166243"]
[quote author=AMc link=topic=112920.msg1419905#msg1419905 date=1374165739]
[/quote]

One of the BEST post I've read on here in a LONG time.

+1
[/quote]

Make that +1 more

[quote name="AMc" post="1419905" timestamp="1374165739"]
[/quote]

Nice post.

This post does a good job of making people revisit their level of committment.  The underlying problem is that a whole host of parents and players "think" they are performing at the very highest level of competition possible...and that's not always the case.  You have to continue to dream, but be realistic in where you stand.
  Even though this merger is about softball, it's really no different than anything else in life.  If you want to be the King...perform well enough and do the things necessary to take away the crown. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi