DChatmen Where would you play him?

I'm going to keep it 100 D.Chatman. If you didn't have a good SPARQ you would be a non-factor. For as great as you proclaim you're going to be, fact of the matter is you've never even scored a touchdown and might no even start as a junior. I'm not saying SC's o-line is bad but they're what I would consider a middle of the district unit, you're not a clear cut starter as either a soph. or junior which tells me you don't have elite running back skills, not even at your own school. You need a pretty high skill level to put numbers needed to garner D1 offers behind what y'all have over there. O'neal at BH is a lot bigger than you and had a decent season but got banged up in crucial games even though he was 225. Crosby put up nearly 500 yards on SC's defense and Vidor rushed for over 300 so don't take those runs in the spring game for more than what they're worth. I personally believe your best chance to play D1 is at outside LB much like Hoza Scott at La Porte. He also played some rb but that's just because he can at the high school level. Good luck though, you test well and you go to SC so if you can play at all you should get a look. Lets wait 'til you have a highlight tape before you get a thread though. 8)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415922" timestamp="1372126156"]
Going to take it up a NOTCH THIS YEAR ...and have champagne ready to drink in the face of MBG.  Don't you have a PAM's greatest wins over Manvel forum to run ...just don't bring up last year.
[/quote]Until you win a 2nd round playoff game you should be drinking weeks old hot dog water, not cheap Boone's Farm as Champagne  ;) ::)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415924" timestamp="1372126865"]
I'm going to keep it 100 D.Chatman. If you didn't have a good SPARQ you would be a non-factor. For as great as you proclaim you're going to be, fact of the matter is you've never even scored a touchdown and might no even start as a junior. I'm not saying SC's o-line is bad but they're what I would consider a middle of the district unit, you're not a clear cut starter as either a soph. or junior which tells me you don't have elite running back skills, not even at your own school. You need a pretty high skill level to put numbers needed to garner D1 offers behind what y'all have over there. O'neal at BH is a lot bigger than you and had a decent season but got banged up in crucial games even though he was 225. Crosby put up nearly 500 yards on SC's defense and Vidor rushed for over 300 so don't take those runs in the spring game for more than what they're worth. I personally believe your best chance to play D1 is at outside LB much like Hoza Scott at La Porte. He also played some rb but that's just because he can at the high school level. Good luck though, you test well and you go to SC so if you can play at all you should get a look. Lets wait 'til you have a highlight tape before you get a thread though. 8)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415924" timestamp="1372126865"]
[/quote]

Damn Cougar14, your a cold dude.  Now let me school you on TGSOT. SC had a deep rotation at RB since day 1. Chatman fit in best at TE last year. He's still a young guy and has two years of growing to do. Starting at SC is no easy task.  Getting time in your sophomore year is a big deal.  If Chatman has a big year, his profile will rise.  Let's see how he does at RB.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415938" timestamp="1372128580"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112694.msg1415924#msg1415924 date=1372126865]
[/quote]

Damn Cougar14, your a cold dude.  [b]Now let me school you on TGCOT[/b]. SC had a deep rotation at RB since day 1. Chatman fit in best at TE last year. He's still a young guy and has two years of growing to do. Starting at SC is no easy task.  Getting time in your sophomore year is a big deal.  If Chatman has a big year, his profile will rise.  Let's see how he does at RB.
[/quote] 8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415938" timestamp="1372128580"]
[/quote]

Damn Cougar14, your a cold dude.  Now let me school you on TGSOT. SC had a deep rotation at RB since day 1. Chatman fit in best at TE last year. He's still a young guy and has two years of growing to do. Starting at SC is no easy task.  Getting time in your sophomore year is a big deal.  If Chatman has a big year, his profile will rise.  Let's see how he does at RB.
[/quote]Y'alls rb rotation isn't deep at all. Y'all have big backs, don't mistake that for good backs. Rotating Chance Casey who had about 10 offers and Jakasay Evans is deep. SC lays on you with those big backs after they make you run wind sprints chasing those receivers. I doubt they could actually line up and enforce their will on you. We'll see what happens though. I'm not cold either, if he wants a thread he's going to get an evaluation. It's no different than I spoke about MQ or Pryor after seeing their camp stuff, I also think Hopkins is overrated just to throw it in there even though he had 1500 yards(I believe Pryor would have been a BCS guard if he was taller). I think Chatman will grow into a OLB personally. Sophs. start at NS,PAM,Katy and LP and its usually kids that test like Chatman did. I can probably spit you out 15 sophomore backs that were ballers from the region in recent history and that's just 4 and 5A. Only the elite get offers to play qb and rb at big time D1 programs. IJS, look at Donta Foreman's film and tell me if you think Chatman will do that next year because that's what is required to get a scholarship from Tulsa Junior College. 8)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415954" timestamp="1372132748"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112694.msg1415938#msg1415938 date=1372128580]
[/quote]

[/quote]Y'alls rb rotation isn't deep at all. Y'all have big backs, don't mistake that for good backs. Rotating Chance Casey who had about 10 offers and Jakasay Evans is deep. SC lays on you with those big backs after they make you run wind sprints chasing those receivers. I doubt they could actually line up and enforce their will on you. We'll see what happens though. I'm not cold either, if he wants a thread he's going to get an evaluation. It's no different than I spoke about MQ or Pryor after seeing their camp stuff, I also think Hopkins is overrated just to throw it in there even though he had 1500 yards(I believe Pryor would have been a BCS guard if he was taller). I think Chatman will grow into a OLB personally. Sophs. start at NS,PAM,Katy and LP and its usually kids that test like Chatman did. I can probably spit you out 15 sophomore backs that were ballers from the region in recent history and that's just 4 and 5A. Only the elite get offers to play qb and rb at big time D1 programs. IJS, look at Donta Foreman's film and tell me if you think Chatman will do that next year because that's what is required to get a scholarship from Tulsa Junior College. 8)
[/quote] 8)

First of all, SC has never had a 1,000 yard rusher and I think that Chatman can get there with a certain amount of touches{10 to 15} a game.The only way SC has a chance to advance in the playoffs is to run the ball and run the ball  effectively so you can protect your defense which is not that strong.And even on offense ,I hope that Coach Ford realizes that he doesn't have the receivers he has had in the past( Hogan,Ruffin, and Bootz) and his main receivers now are very short and are not playmakers.I do not care how pass-happy your offense is ,you can not win championships without a good running game and a good defense

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415954" timestamp="1372132748"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112694.msg1415938#msg1415938 date=1372128580]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear ya ...but no SC RB has got a ton of carries.  Probably all had less than 100/reg season.  SC just isn't a running team, so the RB position just doesn't get as much attention as WR.  SC had at least 3 very capable backs each season ...they just didn't get the development/attention/touches and we didn't exactly have a Katy-like Oline. Also, some guys may be late bloomers or just not high on the coach's favorites list.  You may have to see how they do in college before really knowing their ability.  We had a 2nd string RB last year ...actually TWO 2nd stringers that could have starter on many of the teams SC faced.  Now, I'm not calling any of these guys "elite" ....will definitely agree with you there ...IJS we don't really know how good they were/could have been because of SC's system.  On the contrary, a team like BH or Vidor may make a guy look like Jim Brown because he's getting the ball so often and they run a deceptive offense that works on the high school level. 

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1415992" timestamp="1372170688"]
First of all, SC has never had a 1,000 yard rusher and I think that Chatman can get there with a certain amount of touches{10 to 15} a game.The only way SC has a chance to advance in the playoffs is to run the ball and run the ball  effectively so you can protect your defense which is not that strong.And even on offense ,I hope that Coach Ford realizes that he doesn't have the receivers he has had in the past( Hogan,Ruffin, and Bootz) and his main receivers now are very short and are not playmakers.I do not care how pass-happy your offense is ,you can not win championships without a good running game and a good defense
[/quote]

Good point ...but will disagree with saying there's no playmakers on SC's receiving corp.  Torrey Johnson has some incredible hands and is very dangerous in space.  There's a couple tall guys but both will need to prove themselves this year as well.  Braden in the slot is dangerous too.  There's A LOT of speed at WR as well.   

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415823" timestamp="1372108468"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112694.msg1415816#msg1415816 date=1372107779]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=112694.msg1415798#msg1415798 date=1372105886]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112694.msg1415794#msg1415794 date=1372105525]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=112694.msg1415791#msg1415791 date=1372104969]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112694.msg1415787#msg1415787 date=1372104771]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=112694.msg1415785#msg1415785 date=1372104601]
Oh lord, Coach, what the heck did you just do???  You didn't just stir the "DumbDawg" pot you kicked it, tossed it, poked it and kicked it again!  ;D
[/quote]

Irate Pi-rate ...long time, no post.  Are you guys warming up for your whoopin from Nederland this year?
[/quote]

I know you missed me and all but you know, I also work full time, I am a wife, and a mother.  You SC people know all about that... ;)
[/quote]

SC people?  Are you referring to that [b]post from WinningSC[/b]? ...or is this some kind of under handed jab?
[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding!! That is correct.
[/quote]You do know that DUMDAWGS and WinningAtSC is the same person right?
[/quote]

WE ARE NOT ...and that IP nonsense is BULL!
[/quote]

haha!!  I am starting to think every delusional SC poster is him!! Oh wait, that's pretty much all of them!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416011" timestamp="1372173310"]
If you can read a score board ...there's nothing to be delusional about.  Only ONE team last year was able to put up more than SC ....and it [b]WAS NOT VIDOR[/b].
[/quote]

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
[b]2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.[/b]
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

I think 2 is pretty much dead on! Then when you got beat crawfished and said you were robbed! ;D ;D

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1415992" timestamp="1372170688"]
[/quote]

And summer creek never will have 1000 rusher. Ford will rotate 3 backs again....Braden, Chatman and that small back we have, just like he did last year. Plus, I believe Sharp will run the ball more himself this year. As far as WR, Torrey is one of the best in the district. Aj Jeffrey is a natural football player from what i see....that kid is tough! he will shine wherever Ford lines him up. Then you have Bucket, (whose listed as top junior in Dave Campbell book), Deshaun McNeil, Syndney Washington....we will have the WRs. We also will have good Defense, maybe not as deep as last year, but just as good. I expect our secondary to be better than last year......I just hope Chatman Keep Calm, realize he's a good kid, and don't get up there wanting the ball all the time. Be a team player. And I have to agree with Cougar14, you haven't played any games at RB yet for us to say you are a great back. But I'm sure you will do awesome for the Bulldogs

Just for the record I think Chatman actually did score a TD last season, but it was against a second team defense when we were up a few scores in the 4th quarter.
Anyway, those 3 touches he had in the spring game was enough to get me excited for the fall. His ability to quickly find the gap and hit it was excellent.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1415891" timestamp="1372121508"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112694.msg1415889#msg1415889 date=1372121118]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=112694.msg1415887#msg1415887 date=1372120989]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112694.msg1415879#msg1415879 date=1372119660]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=112694.msg1415876#msg1415876 date=1372118900]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112694.msg1415772#msg1415772 date=1372102432]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=112694.msg1415769#msg1415769 date=1372102007]
Personally I think he should play QB, WR, OL, RB, DL, LB, DB, Kicker and be the Offensive and Defensive Cordinators.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

LOL!  PNG sure could use him.  They might win a few games this year.
[/quote]

Lmao!
[/quote]Use him at whatever position that will help SC win a 2nd round playoff game
[/quote]

BG you love SC to death :-*
[/quote]actually not, but SC is loving taking over for Barbie's Hill in 19-4A as far as good regular seasons & early playoff exits.  ;)
[/quote]
ouch!
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1416012" timestamp="1372173724"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112694.msg1416011#msg1416011 date=1372173310]
If you can read a score board ...there's nothing to be delusional about.  Only ONE team last year was able to put up more than SC ....and it [b]WAS NOT VIDOR[/b].
[/quote]

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
[b]2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.[/b]
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

I think 2 is pretty much dead on! Then when you got beat crawfished and said you were robbed! ;D ;D
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416061" timestamp="1372181747"]
MGB, how much smiling did you do when that 5A ranking list came out?  MGB =  [size=36pt]>:([/size]
[/quote]PAM wasnt ranked in any poll in 2011 to start the year, last time i checked we did alright that year [b](Regional Champ/State-Semi Appearance) [/b] <----Something that SC wouldn't know about  ;)...........Had a smile on my face  ;D while SC was licking wounds from the beatdown Magnolia West gave em, oh, i dont think Magnolia West was ranked all year and still ran SC off the field 41-19.  8)

[quote name="aschom78" post="1416038" timestamp="1372179707"]
Just for the record I think Chatman actually did score a TD last season, but it was against a second team defense when we were up a few scores in the 4th quarter.
Anyway, those 3 touches he had in the spring game was enough to get me excited for the fall. His ability to quickly find the gap and hit it was excellent.
[/quote]

True, true, but remember that was the SPRING GAME. Teams are split up, some kids are just now coming in, that's practice. But like I said earlier, I'm sure he will do well

Deunte chatman of sc is a very athlete that is playing running back for sc for the first time but he does have alot of upside and all he really needs is experience and him being patient.6'1 215lb athlete that can run a 4.48 40 that is something to watch in my opinion.Go Bulldogs.He will also be just a junior for the upcoming season,too

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like old D.Chatman is fading fast. The more camps he goes to now the lower he's ranked when he comes back. He just recently fell 45 spots in the Rivals rankings behind the kids that actually produced last year, what a coincidence. They had him there as a running back but I think once he got there with some real backs like Chris Warren he got exposed, now he's rated over 3 times lower than he was after the  Nike camp. Another issue is that he says he's 6-1 but Nike says he's only 5-11. I watched the film of the spring game on SC's defense and other than a BH ego there's not many things that wouldn't have gotten through those holes. I know he ran 4.5 in Dallas but he lacks game speed for a running back, especially top end speed which is why he got ran down from behind. Conversely, Austin Walter runs 4.5 and Tony Brown couldn't catch him. I personally think he's a copy of Keevon Aldridge and Jordan Braden. LB looks to be his best position because he's not matching up with the backs in his class other than the bench press and a 40. Watch out for those camps Chatman, they built you up, they can also break you down

[quote name="cougar14" post="1417867" timestamp="1373482610"]
Looks like old D.Chatman is fading fast. The more camps he goes to now the lower he's ranked when he comes back. He just recently fell 45 spots in the Rivals rankings behind the kids that actually produced last year, what a coincidence. They had him there as a running back but I think once he got there with some real backs like Chris Warren he got exposed, now he rated over 3 times lower than he was after the  Nike camp. Another issue is that he says he's 6-1 but Nike says he's only 5-11. I watched the film of the spring game on SC's defense and other than a BH ego there's not many thing that wouldn't have gotten through those holes. I know he ran 4.5 in Dallas but he lacks game speed for a running back, especially top end speed which is why he got ran down from behind. Conversely, Austin Walter runs 4.5 and Tony Brown couldn't catch him. I personally think he doesn't he a copy of Keevon Aldridge and Jordan Braden. LB looks to be his best position because he's not matching up with the backs in his class other than the bench press and a 40. Watch out for those camps Chatman, they built you up, now they're breaking you down.
[/quote] :o

[quote name="cougar14" post="1417867" timestamp="1373482610"]
Looks like old D.Chatman is fading fast. The more camps he goes to now the lower he's ranked when he comes back. He just recently fell 45 spots in the Rivals rankings behind the kids that actually produced last year, what a coincidence. They had him there as a running back but I think once he got there with some real backs like Chris Warren he got exposed, now he rated over 3 times lower than he was after the  Nike camp. Another issue is that he says he's 6-1 but Nike says he's only 5-11. I watched the film of the spring game on SC's defense and other than a BH ego there's not many thing that wouldn't have gotten through those holes. I know he ran 4.5 in Dallas but he lacks game speed for a running back, especially top end speed which is why he got ran down from behind. Conversely, [b]Austin Walter runs 4.5 and Tony Brown couldn't catch him.[/b] I personally think he doesn't he a copy of Keevon Aldridge and Jordan Braden. LB looks to be his best position because he's not matching up with the backs in his class other than the bench press and a 40. Watch out for those camps Chatman, they built you up, now they're breaking you down.

[/quote]

Well, Austin is a very small back, especially compared to Chatman......I know Chatman, family member, friend or whoever it is, got here bragging and bringing attention to himself, but lets see what happens during the season....he has to put his money where his mouth is, but I'm hoping he has a great junior season. He has potential!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33