Poll: Which athletic dept had the better overall year: Nederland or Silsbee?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1414241" timestamp="1371574916"]
Can we have some stats for both schools?? Playoff runs?? District Champs?? Things like that. I know Ned won DC in Football and went 4 rounds deep. Did they win dc in basketball?? How deep did they go in the playoffs in baseball and such.
[/quote]

Silsbee 3 rounds deep-football  2nd in district, Basketball 3 rounds deep District champs and Baseball State semi district champs (co champs with BC)

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1414241" timestamp="1371574916"]
Can we have some stats for both schools?? Playoff runs?? District Champs?? Things like that. I know Ned won DC in Football and went 4 rounds deep. Did they win dc in basketball?? How deep did they go in the playoffs in baseball and such.
[/quote]

Ned Football 4 rounds, DC. Baseball 3 rounds, DC. Softball 3 rounds, 2nd in district (May be wrong). Boys and Girls soccer DC. Boys Basketball, 3 rounds.

I don't think I can say which one had a better year.... in the 3 major sports they were pretty tight with Silsbee getting the nod for the State Tourney run... but i think both had outstanding years and I will leave it at that... congrats to both on their 2012 accomplishments!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1414259" timestamp="1371578534"]
I don't think I can say which one had a better year.... in the 3 major sports they were pretty tight with Silsbee getting the nod for the State Tourney run... but i think both had outstanding years and I will leave it at that... congrats to both on their 2012 accomplishments!
[/quote]

I agree

Silsbee also sent a girl to state golf tourney, finishing 8th, a girl to state track meet (high jump) finishing 3rd, two girls to state power lifting meet with both winning state titles in their respective weight class. Silsbee girls golf team won district.

Silsbee softball was 2nd in district, 2 rounds in playoffs. Volleyball went to playoffs as well. Girls soccer made playoffs.

Silsbee football regional finals(lost to semifinalist Carthage), Silsbee basketball district champs, 3rd round losing to state finalists Houston Yates, Silsbee baseball district champs losing in state semifinals to eventual state champion LaGrange. Silsbee also had regional track and tennis qualifiers.

Ned had a girl win state in powerlifting, won district in girls golf as well and had a 3rd place finish at the state track meet in high jump.  May have been even in the big 3, but overall, this isn't even close, Nederland had the best year around here.  Boys and Girls Soccer won district, Boys and Girls Cross Country won district, I believe Boys and Girls tennis teams won district as well... the list is pretty incredible.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1414377" timestamp="1371590084"]
Ned had a girl win state in powerlifting, won district in girls golf as well and had a 3rd place finish at the state track meet in high jump.  May have been even in the big 3, but [b]overall, this isn't even close[/b], Nederland had the best year around here.  Boys and Girls Soccer won district, Boys and Girls Cross Country won district, I believe Boys and Girls tennis teams won district as well... the list is pretty incredible.
[/quote]

I would not go that far.

Both schools had a outstanding year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1414328" timestamp="1371585339"]
Silsbee also sent a girl to state golf tourney, finishing 8th, [b]a girl to state track meet (high jump) finishing 3rd[/b], two girls to state power lifting meet with both winning state titles in their respective weight class. Silsbee girls golf team won district.

Silsbee softball was 2nd in district, 2 rounds in playoffs. Volleyball went to playoffs as well. Girls soccer made playoffs.

Silsbee football regional finals(lost to semifinalist Carthage), Silsbee basketball district champs, 3rd round losing to state finalists Houston Yates, Silsbee baseball district champs losing in state semifinals to eventual state champion LaGrange. Silsbee also had regional track and tennis qualifiers.
[/quote]

3 girls went to state with 2 5th place finishes as well, the Enterprise said only 2, Chanissey Folwer also went as a sprinter.

Nederland's boys track team lost District Championship to Tony Brown and company by 1 point.I think Nederland was selected by Coca Cola as the best program in SE Texas this year.Another poll picked Ned. as the fourth over all program in the state.Tigers had a great year but Nederland had a better one this year.I would love to see a list of all of the sports top to bottom to back up my view.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1414574" timestamp="1371660723"]
Nederland's boys track team lost District Championship to Tony Brown and company by 1 point.I think Nederland was selected by Coca Cola as the best program in SE Texas this year.Another poll picked Ned. as the fourth over all program in the state.Tigers had a great year but Nederland had a better one this year.I would love to see a list of all of the sports top to bottom to back up my view.
[/quote]

the only way to truly solve this is to place a value on each win, each place at each level then come up with a total.

Example:
each win = 1pt
District championship = 6 second = 5 etc
bi-district champion = x .... regional champion = x state qualifier = x placed at state event = x, etc

Then divide by the number of sports played at the particular school (this would equal out the bigger schools who have more sports teams than the smaller schools)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi