Diboll vs Silsbee Regional Final

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are pretty evenly matched IMO. Played a close 6-4 game earlier in the season. I would venture to say Diboll has more pitching depth with 4 good ones & that Silsbe swings it better..I hope it's a 3 game series to be fair to the kids

If a one Gamer I'll take Silsbee 4-2

3 game I'll take Diboll in 3.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="1408387" timestamp="1369523623"]
Both teams are pretty evenly matched IMO. Played a close 6-4 game earlier in the season. I would venture to say Diboll has more pitching depth with 4 good ones & that Silsbe swings it better..I hope it's a 3 game series to be fair to the kids

[/quote]

True that game was close but you have to remember that it was raining that night and I don't think they saw Powell either..

The Tigers are on fire, I'll take silsbee in 1 or 3 games

I Overheard a conversation between very credible sources at the game today that said Silsbee wants 1, Diboll wants best of 3. It will come down to the flip. For Diboll, It is the first time to reach a regional final in this era of baseball. In the earlier game this season in Silsbee, Diboll was without 3 current starters due to basketball. Also heard that the game will be played at either Rice, U of H or Sam Houston, but not sure which one at this time. Either 1 or 2 of 3 will be a heck game/series. I would expect both to play hard, and the winner will represent the region well.

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1408401" timestamp="1369528812"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=112204.msg1408387#msg1408387 date=1369523623]

[/quote]

True that game was close but you have to remember that it was raining that night and I don't think they saw Powell either..

The Tigers are on fire, I'll take silsbee in 1 or 3 games
[/quote]

Some key players for Diboll were still playing soccer as well. Either way Powell will be hard to beat. As a Diboll fan, I am hoping for a 3 game series. Both teams made history for their schools and should be very proud.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1408411" timestamp="1369530459"]
Well, Silsbee started their JV against Diboll in that early season game. ;) ;D ::)
[/quote]
Lol...Diboll also lost 9 more games after that one, but they are still here. Definitely one of the best 10 loss teams in 3a. Should be fun to watch!!

[quote name="RockNFire" post="1408407" timestamp="1369530164"]
[b]I Overheard a conversation between very credible sources at the game today that said Silsbee wants 1, Diboll wants best of 3. [/b]It will come down to the flip. For Diboll, It is the first time to reach a regional final in this era of baseball. In the earlier game this season in Silsbee, Diboll was without 3 current starters due to basketball. Also heard that the game will be played at either Rice, U of H or Sam Houston, but not sure which one at this time. Either 1 or 2 of 3 will be a heck game/series. I would expect both to play hard, and the winner will represent the region well.
[/quote]

Well, that conversation is incorrect.

Both teams have agreed to play a 3 game series. No coin flip. Now just working out when and where. Rice and UH are being considered.

BTW, you are now 0-2 in "factual" posts.  ;) ;D

Diboll has knocked off #7 Hudson in 1, and #8 Caldwell in three after losing game one. They then knocked off Hargrove in two, which beat BC, who knocked off the #1 Sweeny team. Throw in a two game sweep of a scrappy Palestine team and I think that should confirm that they are "tested." I am not trying to chip anybody off, but I am not sure that the Tigers have as good of a playoff resume.

The conversation was "factual" as I heard it with my own ears. As for the sources I won't disclose as they were school officials. As for the information, I am just telling you what was said. Take it or leave it. i could care less. As for Silsbee agreeing to a 2 of 3 series, it is possible they changed their mind, is it not?

[quote name="RockNFire" post="1408419" timestamp="1369532170"]
The conversation was "factual" as I heard it with my own ears. As for the sources I won't disclose as they were school officials. As for the information, I am just telling you what was said. Take it or leave it. i could care less. As for Silsbee agreeing to a 2 of 3 series, it is possible they changed their mind, is it not?
[/quote]

According to Silsbee coaches, they were going to go with a 3 game series with Diboll or Huffman if possible. This was the plan all along, even before they defeated Carthage.

Silsbee never considered playing a 1 gamer with Diboll.

That's because SILSBEE has know fear.. They are that good..!! They are #1 in state for a reason...Because they play ball as a team and do it well.. They put the ball on the bat..And there defence is strong... They are the best out of the last four teams and will bring the state trophy home to SILSBEE T.X.

[quote name="Who that !!?" post="1408423" timestamp="1369533056"]
That's because SILSBEE has know fear.. They are that good..!! They are #1 in state for a reason...Because they play ball as a team and do it well.. They put the ball on the bat..And there defence is strong... They are the best out of the last four teams and will bring the state trophy home to SILSBEE T.X.
[/quote]

Uh, there are 8 teams remaining, not 4.

and Silsbee is not ranked #1. ::)

[quote name="Dolemite" post="1408424" timestamp="1369533113"]
Ok now that we got that settled..who throws game 1. Powell vs Castillo or DeJesus or do you think Silsbee will send someone else to the mound first.
[/quote]

Will Diboll send someone else to the mound?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1408426" timestamp="1369533345"]
[quote author=Dolemite link=topic=112204.msg1408424#msg1408424 date=1369533113]
Ok now that we got that settled..who throws game 1. Powell vs Castillo or DeJesus or do you think Silsbee will send someone else to the mound first.
[/quote]

[/quote]

It will more than likely be Castillo or DeJesus game 1. I've heard really good things about Powell. He will be tough to beat. Isn't he 11-0 this season.

[quote name="Dolemite" post="1408433" timestamp="1369535324"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=112204.msg1408426#msg1408426 date=1369533345]
[quote author=Dolemite link=topic=112204.msg1408424#msg1408424 date=1369533113]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It will more than likely be Castillo or DeJesus game 1. I've heard really good things about Powell. He will be tough to beat. [b]Isn't he 11-0 this season.[/b]
[/quote]

Yes, Powell is 11-0.

[quote name="Who that !!?" post="1408423" timestamp="1369533056"]
[/quote]

Jeeeeez, Who!
"No fear" not "Know fear."
Is that your own poll that has Silsbee #1 in the state rankings - because they are not ranked as #1.
If you are putting the ball on the bat rather than putting the bat on the ball, you are getting your brains knocked out.
It's "Defense" not "Defence."
8 remaining teams, not 4 has been pointed out already.

Question - are you in this country legally? ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="usedtobe" post="1408470" timestamp="1369578113"]
[quote author=Who that !!? link=topic=112204.msg1408423#msg1408423 date=1369533056]
[/quote]

Jeeeeez, Who!
"No fear" not "Know fear."
Is that your own poll that has Silsbee #1 in the state rankings - because they are not ranked as #1.
If you are putting the ball on the bat rather than putting the bat on the ball, you are getting your brains knocked out.
It's "Defense" not "Defence."
8 remaining teams, not 4 has been pointed out already.

[b]Question - are you in this country legally?[/b] ::)
[/quote]

Now that's funny!!

;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho