Nederland vs. Montgomery Predictions

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1404296" timestamp="1368485784"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=111896.msg1404251#msg1404251 date=1368477305]
Best of 3 Series
Game 1 Friday 7 pm at Langham Creek
Game 2 Saturday 3pm at Clear Lake(Game 3 to follow if necessary)
[/quote]

random!
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm guessing Nederland lost the flip to pick the site, or else they wouldn't be playing on the other side of Houston Friday in Cypress. 

I heard from someone at the last game that Hutto was the worst 2nd round opponent he has ever seen!

Will be a big change of pace in the type of pitching the Dogs will see this game. I have a feeling if they give up more than 2 runs in any game they won't be able to win it.

I like what you stated Critter.The Dogs success stems from good pitching,heart and chemistry.If I were comparing talent ,I might pick against the Dogs.Nederland has only lost 5 games this season against some very tough teams.I would not bet against this group.I think we will see some great low scoring games with tough pitching in this match-up.

Nederland has faced tough pitching this year.Hutto beat a very sound Mangnolia program to move to the second round.BobbyMcgee I guess it is to much for you to swallow that Nederland may have had a little to do with Hutto's performance.Nederland's pitching has made very many good hitting team's look bad.

I am not taking away anything from Nederland's pitching. Sandersons, the quarterback and the other starting pitcher are solid. My concern is whether or not Nederland can score runs against good quality pitching. I heard that Hutto did not have any good pitching. That's all I was trying to say.

Most play-off games at this point  are going to be low scoring affairs.Nederland will not win every close game but they seem to always give themselves a chance to win the game.Only one bad loss this season late in a tournament to Pearland.I hope the Dogs can keep finding a way to win!

[quote name="FutureDog" post="1405239" timestamp="1368735279"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=111896.msg1405198#msg1405198 date=1368727833]
Go 18-4A!
[/quote]

No more blue bell for me!  LoL

Go Dogs!
[/quote]

It's almost summer time....  You'll come back around.  Lol

Montgomery coach Chris Morris is weighing his options as the Bears get ready for their best-of-three Region III-4A quarterfinal series with Nederland.

He could go with No. 1 starter Collin Garrett, who labored in Game 1 last week against Kingwood Park but came back to pitch six shutout innings in a decisive 8-0 victory in Game 3.

He could start left-hander Ty Boland on Friday night against the Bulldogs in Game 1 at Langham Creek High School. Boland shut the door on Kingwood Park in Game 2 last week, after the Panthers struck for a 2-1 victory in the first game of the series.

Morris doesn’t want to show his hand.

“I’m still bouncing it around,” he said. “I may stick with the original plan (by starting Garrett). That’s the way I’m leaning.”

Ask him about Boland, however, and Morris showers praise on the senior lefty.

“Ty can handle pressure,” he said. “He’s always been a big-game pitcher for us.”

Montgomery has faced Nederland three times in the Class 4A playoffs since 2005, and moved on twice. The Bulldogs (26-5) are making their fifth consecutive postseason appearance, and the Bears (28-5-1) — who haven’t missed the playoffs since 2001 — were a state tournament team last season.

“They’re always a good team, always have good pitching,” Morris said.

Game 2, and Game 3, if necessary, will be played Saturday at Clear Lake High School. The winner will face Fort Bend Ridge Point or Tomball in the regional semifinals.

The Bears’ bats came to life in Game 2 against Kingwood Park, when Boland unloaded a three-run home run. Will Fox hit a two-run home run in Game 3, his first of the season, to give Montgomery a 3-0 lead in the top of the fifth inning.

“We’ve got a lot of seniors on this team,” Morris said. “The deeper you go in the playoffs, I think the greater the advantage you have from experience.”

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/sports/montgomery-looks-for-edge-against-nederland/article_2dfc32f3-2f34-5584-8b08-09f61a8da876.html

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder