Vidor 2013 schedule analysis and poll

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411337" timestamp="1370527916"]
As much as I'd LOVE to project a no win season for Vidor ...that crazy offense they run is effective.  If they can develop some reliable passing ...look out.
[/quote]

OK WHO HACKED DDs account!!! LOL you are very correct DDs.... hopefully with fresh grey matter calling the plays we can get a few more passes... the year before when we went 3 rounds deep we passed seldom but it was effective... last year it seemed dormant to say the least..

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411337" timestamp="1370527916"]
As much as I'd LOVE to project a no win season for Vidor ...that crazy offense they run is effective.  If they can develop some reliable passing ...look out.
[/quote]
Okay who are you and what have you done with demdawgs??

• 1 month later...
The Vidor SC game would have been much closer if Vidor had some passing. SC's defense was off balance w/ the run. Some strategic passing could have resulted in huge plays.

The threat of a pass would have forced SC's DB's to back up. They cheated down the entire game.

Now what has PNG done to earn any talk of being in the running for district?  They were waaaay off the radar last year. No way they improve that much in one year. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1418566" timestamp="1373751497"]
The Vidor SC game would have been much closer if Vidor had some passing. SC's defense was off balance w/ the run. Some strategic passing could have resulted in huge plays.

The threat of a pass would have forced SC's DB's to back up. They cheated down the entire game.

Now what has PNG done to earn any talk of being in the running for district?  They were waaaay off the radar last year. No way they improve that much in one year.
[/quote] Great analysis on the [size=24pt]VIDOR SCHEDULE[/size].  ::) 

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1418579" timestamp="1373757290"]
I got Vidor at 2-1 in predistrict and 4-3 in district. Once again demdog your lack of local football knowledge shines through. Vidor is not known for being a passing team. They beat you by pounding your head in the dirt like your team experienced last year with a narrow escape.
[/quote]
Who you got us loosing to jack??

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1403361" timestamp="1368241121"]
[quote author=coach wade link=topic=111862.msg1403307#msg1403307 date=1368237563]
I think we have been centrals homecoming the past 2 seasons or maybe it was ozens
[/quote] True.  It was Central.  We've had Vidor twice....  With two blowouts... :P
[/quote]

Look at the bright side, this year you can soften the blowout with the amazing halftime show!  ;D

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1418995" timestamp="1373919198"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=111862.msg1403361#msg1403361 date=1368241121]
[quote author=coach wade link=topic=111862.msg1403307#msg1403307 date=1368237563]
I think we have been centrals homecoming the past 2 seasons or maybe it was ozens
[/quote] True.  It was Central.  We've had Vidor twice....  With two blowouts... :P
[/quote]

Look at the bright side, this year you can soften the blowout with the amazing halftime show!  ;D
[/quote]ouch!

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1418579" timestamp="1373757290"]
I got Vidor at 2-1 in predistrict and 4-3 in district. Once again demdog your lack of local football knowledge shines through. Vidor is not known for being a passing team. They beat you by pounding your head in the dirt like your team experienced last year with a narrow escape.
[/quote]I actually agree with DD. He wasn't saying Vidor is a passing team, he was saying if they could throw a forward pass they could have made some big plays since SC didn't expect/respect anything but the run. I was at the game and there was one play Vidor went play-action and the receiver was 15 yards behind the SC db but the ball missed him by 15 extra yards for what would have been a certain td. I don't think it was that narrow either, SC won by 24 but they could have kept throwing and scored even more. I was sitting on SC's side though so I could be mistaken.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1418619" timestamp="1373768220"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=111862.msg1418579#msg1418579 date=1373757290]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Im thinking Nederland in Nederland, Port Neches- Groves at the Reservation and Central in Vidor. With the last one me being the least sure about. The rest I don't see having any chance at beating Vidor. The Central game is bothering me because of the new coach and them having to Play in your house were its always a wild ride.

[b]Now what has PNG done to earn any talk of being in the running for district[/b]?  They were waaaay off the radar last year. No way they improve that much in one year.
[/quote]

Slipping in the 4th playoff spot in a district where 4 of 8 teams go to the playoffs is hardly saying PN-G will be "in the running for district".  ::)

[quote name="CAL2TEX" post="1419159" timestamp="1373977743"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111862.msg1418566#msg1418566 date=1373751497]

[b]Now what has PNG done to earn any talk of being in the running for district[/b]?  They were waaaay off the radar last year. No way they improve that much in one year.
[/quote]

Slipping in the 4th playoff spot in a district where 4 of 8 teams go to the playoffs is hardly saying PN-G will be "in the running for district".  ::)
[/quote]He is in envy of the PN-G fanbase, you have to excuse DelusionalDAWGS.  ;)

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1419083" timestamp="1373940977"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111862.msg1418619#msg1418619 date=1373768220]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=111862.msg1418579#msg1418579 date=1373757290]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Im thinking Nederland in Nederland, Port Neches- Groves at the Reservation and Central in Vidor. With the last one me being the least sure about. The rest I don't see having any chance at beating Vidor. The Central game is bothering me because of the new coach and them having to Play in your house were its always a wild ride.
[/quote]

my personal opinion Ned will be a tush hog match.... I see that game probably being 20 17 ( Vidor ) PNG i think is still a year away from being back to the PNG of old... I still see that one as a Vidor win probably 27-13... Central is a mystery team... not real sure how they are going to mesh with the new coach and the new philosophy... With the Talent they have they are the most dangerous of any team in 20-4A whether or not they can put a handle on it and use it as it should be used is yet to be seen... I do not think this will be a blow out but I do still think Vidor takes this one... you can call me a Homer all you want but I know what Vidor has.... I have seen how we have played against the current teams and their players for the last few years and I think we have just as good a chance of going 10-0 or 9-1 again this season...

Could be I work with some PNg guys and they like what they are hearing. There entire o-line is back. They have 2 pretty good qb,s. They have 2 stout recievers. There personnel fits in the Faircloth scheme of things. Unlike last years team. Also they have a good RB again. Nederland is loaded period. They still have to start a new QB. A couple of names to throw at you Washinton and Kilmler. Central is loaded with speed and talent, however the thing you said about the new coach is extremely valid. However I believe in him as a coach.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1419561" timestamp="1374058111"]
Could be I work with some PNg guys and they like what they are hearing. There entire o-line is back. They have 2 pretty good qb,s. They have 2 stout recievers. There personnel fits in the Faircloth scheme of things. Unlike last years team. Also they have a good RB again. Nederland is loaded period. They still have to start a new QB. A couple of names to throw at you Washinton and Kilmler. Central is loaded with speed and talent, however the thing you said about the new coach is extremely valid. [size=12pt][i][b]However I believe in him as a coach.[/b][/i][/size]
[/quote]

that is the scary thing.... I think they have a decent year this year.... just because of getting situated on who plays better where and maybe gelling on calling of plays... but within 3 yrs Toby will have Central a Region powerhouse that will be having ears and eyes listening and watching him, not for some stupid 7 on 7 infraction, but because to get out of 20-4a and region 3 you will have to look Central in the eye....

I'm just lookibg to win more games than last year and to actually compete against the top tier teams.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to actually be able to utilize the team talent since that wasn't the case for the last 2 years...

I have Vidor finishing  with 1 nondistrict loss and 3 district losses.  6-4 season record.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1419576" timestamp="1374066874"]
I'm just lookibg to win more games than last year and to actually compete against the top tier teams.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to actually be able to utilize the team talent since that wasn't the case for the last 2 years...

I have Vidor finishing  with 1 nondistrict loss and 3 district losses.  [b]6-4[/b] season record.
[/quote]

and that pretty much is where everyone has us sitting... and most are just basing that on the lose of MQ on both sides of the ball... :-D I just have a different view ... I hope its as clear as it looks...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1419580" timestamp="1374069475"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=111862.msg1419576#msg1419576 date=1374066874]

I have Vidor finishing  with 1 nondistrict loss and 3 district losses.  [b]6-4[/b] season record.
[/quote]

and that pretty much is where everyone has us sitting... and most are just basing that on the lose of MQ on both sides of the ball... :-D I just have a different view ... I hope its as clear as it looks...
[/quote]Trust me, there no knock on Vidor, but without Q, you will have a lot to replace on both sides of the ball. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1419627" timestamp="1374074809"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111862.msg1419580#msg1419580 date=1374069475]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=111862.msg1419576#msg1419576 date=1374066874]

[/quote]

[/quote]Trust me, there no knock on Vidor, but without Q, you will have a lot to replace on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

No knock taken... was just pointing out where most of the thoughts of how we will fair this season are coming from... and trust me... we know how much we lost to graduation... and it won't be easy to replace ... but I think what MQ instilled in our program above and beyond the success is that if you work hard and you stay focused that anything is possible... now these young men have something to prove in that they can do the same thing without MQ... <--- that isn't a knock against MQ that is what is driving the young men this year...

[quote name="thsfootball" post="1404793" timestamp="1368633721"]
[quote author=thsfootball link=topic=111862.msg1404788#msg1404788 date=1368633479]
Vidor's playoff history

1964, 1978, 2000, 2009, 2011

Almost every decade, like clockwork.
[/quote]

The truth speaks for itself. Vidor's every decade playoff history is the only thing consistent about Vidor.
[/quote]
There is one huge thing that you forgot to factor in to this whole equation...
up until the 1980's only 1 team made the playoffs and 2 up until the 1990's...With four teams qualifying each year the chances are that several of those Vidor teams from before 2000 would have made the playoffs.
The fact is that Vidor has become a legitimate playoff contender since 2000 with four teams in. They may not have made the playoffs every year, but they have not been the old cellar dweller that they were for most of the 20th century.

Don't look for this recent pattern to stop...Having seen their youth programs progress, they will remain a player for a spot for some time.

[b]The Vidor SC game would have been much closer if Vidor had some passing. SC's defense was off balance w/ the run. Some strategic passing could have resulted in huge plays.[/b]

[/quote]
Man, I never would have thought I would say this, but "I agree with DemDawgs".
Vidor's sick running game is legit. they run that offense almost to perfection...The thing that is missing is a QB that will hit on 4 out of the 5 wide open throws he has to make a game.  For that offense to succeed deep in the playoffs the QB has to hit 75+%. When he does, the threat of a passing game has to be taken serious durring the week of preperation leading up to the game and it will make that running game that much better. Vidor posters get upset all the time when people say they have no passing game, but what they don't realize is that teams don't spend much time preparing for Vidor to throw the ball with any success. They feel like they can afford to give up 1 or 2 big plays in the passing game if the extra time spent on the running game gets them the ball back quicker. Now if Vidor hit 5 big passing plays a game every week (and watching them the past several years those plays are there)...you gotta prepare for it and there is only so much time in a week for preparation.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33