Port Neches-Groves 2013 schedule analysis and poll

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice write up. The Indians will be very young with all underclassmen on Offense except a few linemen and Rose from what I'm told. The defense will be young also, with a lot of speed. I think their success will be determined from what the guys do in the trenches.

I voted 5-6 reason being they play Summer Creek and Silsbee in predistrict I think they lose both of these games.... WO-S i am on the fence but I lean towards the Stangs in this game also.... as far as District i think their best chances of winning will come against Ozen, LC-M, Livingston, and Lumberton....I think they get monkey stomped by Nederland this year... and Vidor will probably be a close game but come up short .... Central will give them fits..  But you know that is why they play the game :-D

I went over to PNG last week to watch the WB/PNG 7 on 7 game. If what I saw from the Indians on offense and defense is any indication of what their season may look like, PNG will be hard to beat. They made WB look silly.  PNG offense looked like they could score at will and defense has 3 INT's for TD's. Very impressive. I say at least 8-2.

[quote name="Arrow15" post="1402792" timestamp="1368177130"]
I went over to PNG last week to watch the WB/PNG 7 on 7 game. If what I saw from the Indians on offense and defense is any indication of what their season may look like, PNG will be hard to beat. They made WB look silly.  PNG offense looked like they could score at will and defense has 3 INT's for TD's. Very impressive. I say at least 8-2.
[/quote] We gathered this from a 7 on 7 game?  You Do know West Brooks strength would be their running game and experienced O-line.  Plus 7 on 7 is not with the pass on and is NO way an indication of how the season would go.  Just ask Baytown Lee when they won state  in 7 on 7 and then sucked the following fall....

No doubt Soulja, but the way they were so accurate and fired up, they will be a lot better than last year. Will really know how they are when preseason gets here and they decide which QB to go with. I've said all along that if their offensive/defensive lines do well, they will win more games than not.. We shall see.... It's what makes the start of football season so exciting is starving to see how all the teams start out. Ready for Football!

1-2 pre-district with a W over Silsbee at home and loss to what will be a great SC team in Humble and a loss at home to old nemesis WOS (they tend to beat us before we hit the field!).

5-2 district slate with losses to a very good experienced Nederland team at Nederland and one of the Beaumont teams. We get Livingston, Vidor and Central at home. So maybe Ozen.

6-4 in the playoffs would be a nice turnaround from last year and a sign of things to come with this young team.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1403007" timestamp="1368217344"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=111832.msg1402997#msg1402997 date=1368216586]
Guys give it time. One more year until the NDNS of old will be in full force. Bank on it ;)
[/quote] You gonna be an Indian again in one more year eh?  ??? ;D
[/quote]
Nope, we have state title coming to BH ;D I just know a lot of people there still and I know the kids. They are going to be a really good group. We'll see how it goes.

If the Indians start 0-3, don't give up on them....WO-S, SC, and what should be a very strong Silsbee group will all be tough to get past. BUT, after that the Indians will be battle tested and ready for a run in district. If they win in non-district, well get ready 204A, there will be a battle for the 4th spot.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1404551" timestamp="1368558372"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111832.msg1403007#msg1403007 date=1368217344]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=111832.msg1402997#msg1402997 date=1368216586]
Guys give it time. One more year until the NDNS of old will be in full force. Bank on it ;)
[/quote] You gonna be an Indian again in one more year eh?  ??? ;D
[/quote]
[b]Nope, we have state title coming to BH[/b] ;D I just know a lot of people there still and I know the kids. They are going to be a really good group. We'll see how it goes.
[/quote] Um, wrong forum, this isnt baseball.  ;D

[quote name="LB76" post="1404572" timestamp="1368561004"]
If the Indians start 0-3, don't give up on them....WO-S, SC, and what should be a very strong Silsbee group will all be tough to get past. BUT, after that the Indians will be battle tested and ready for a run in district. If they win in non-district, well get ready 204A, there will be a battle for the 4th spot.
[/quote] They will beat WO-S.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1404578" timestamp="1368561171"]
[quote author=LB76 link=topic=111832.msg1404572#msg1404572 date=1368561004]
[/quote]
Mr. BG, you're not expecting the Bears to thrash the Mustangs around in game 1, and have them beat up for the Indians are you? Now if THAT was to happen......

[quote name="LB76" post="1404599" timestamp="1368562634"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111832.msg1404578#msg1404578 date=1368561171]
[quote author=LB76 link=topic=111832.msg1404572#msg1404572 date=1368561004]
[/quote]
Mr. BG, you're not expecting the Bears to thrash the Mustangs around in game 1, and have them beat up for the Indians are you? Now if THAT was to happen......
[/quote]if LC-M beats WO-S i will personally attend LCM games the rest of the year, even if i have to walk from here in PA.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder