HF athlete qualifies for state

Congrats to Becca DeLord from Hamshire Fannett for qualifing for state in the 800m. 
I believe she is the only female from HF in the last 25 years  to make it to state, and maybe even further back.

correct me if im wrong on that.

She was also the Athlete of the week for one of the local news stations several weeks ago.
Regionals in Cross Country, all district basketball, all disrict soccer, 1st in 400, 800, 4 x 4 in district, 1st in 400 and 800 in area,  2nd in 800 at regional meet, chose not to run the 400.

Congrats to Becca DeLord and the coaches at HF.

I've been looking through our records and I can't find anything. The records have some gaps in the late 90's. Kim Owen in 85/86, Terre Johnson in 85, Falesha Brown in the mid 90's, and Tamara Spikes in the late 90's all ran times that were fast enough to make it. I just don't know if they ran those times at the right time. I know you were in school around Brown and Spikes...any idea if they made it?

I usually don't ever post anything on here unless it is reporting scores or meet results, but I just want to share what has come out of the girls side the 7 years I have been teaching/coaching (6 at HF). I know a lot of people think HF is in shambles and ruins, but we have been very successful and we have always been the smallest or 2nd smallest in the district in my six years here. Here we go:

[b]Cross Country:[/b] District Champs the past two years (Regionals every year from what I understand. Not sure about my first year here). Had a runner go to state in 2010.

[b]Volleyball:[/b] Playoffs 5 of 7 years. Only one and done once out of those 5. Had one team go to the Regional Finals. We have had several girls play in the TGCA All-Star game and many be voted to TGCA All-State.

[b]Basketball:[/b] Playoffs 3 of the past 5 years. We have had one girl be voted onto the TGCA All-Star team.

[b]Soccer:[/b] Playoffs 2 of the past 4 years playing in a 4A district with only one other 3A school.

[b]Track:[/b] District Champions 4 out of 7 years and 2 of the past 3. We have an athlete going to state this year. She was voted TGCA All-State last year and we had another athlete get voted onto the TGCA All-Star team but she could not accept because she was also on Basketball.

Hopefully we can keep winning in the sports we have been and get some of those other sports up so we can be successful in ALL sports. The most important thing...HF is a tremendous Academic school and is 2nd to only HJ in their scores in this area. It is a great school district.

Falecia Brown went to state in 200 I think in 96.  Pretty sure Tamara Spikes went also in the 200, but not 100%.  Pretty good track teams in the mid to late 90's on boys and girls side.

Maybe I can pull out the old year books and find out.  My brother who went to state for HF in 97 in the 400 would probably remember better.  If I remember I will ask him.

[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="1399798" timestamp="1367449785"]
Falecia Brown went to state in 200 I think in 96.  Pretty sure Tamara Spikes went also in the 200, but not 100%.  Pretty good track teams in the mid to late 90's on boys and girls side.

Maybe I can pull out the old year books and find out.  My brother who went to state for HF in 97 in the 400 would probably remember better.  If I remember I will ask him.
[/quote]

You can probably find what you want here:

http://www2.uiltexas.org/athletics/archives/track_field/index.html

From what I can remember about HF, their girls program is doing much better than the boys. The boys have several Div 1 kids recently in different sports, but team wise girls program is better it seems. Hear from friends the new coaches are down on the old coaches (girl coaches). With their success may want to support them instead of trying to hurt them. Our AD seems to always try and help the girls program.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="Horns93" post="1409936" timestamp="1370096241"]
[quote author=bhdog28 link=topic=111573.msg1399686#msg1399686 date=1367427426]
Now that's good news out of HF
[/quote]
I agree, here a lot of good things going on over there.
[/quote]

Is that the punch line to a joke Horns? From my understanding the only people who believe good things are going on are 3 school board members, the new AD and his hires, and the parents of the Freshmen boys. I have been told a great majority of the people working there (coaches and teachers) cannot stand what is going on right now. You must be a politician too because I hear it's a political circus.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder