Alvin Credeur leaving Lumberton/ It's Official!

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1400727" timestamp="1367618097"]
just heard from a reliable source that Credeur is coming to Vidor. 8)has there been an official announcement yet?
[/quote]
VIdor doesn't have a board meeting until the 20th, until then its speculation....but the rumor mill has him coming over to the Boneyard

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1400727" timestamp="1367618097"]
just heard from a reliable source that Credeur is coming to Vidor. 8)has there been an official announcement yet?
[/quote]

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1401850" timestamp="1367935657"]
anyone have any rumors of interest??
[/quote]

Yes, Vidors new fight song will be Kenny Chesney's Pirate Flag song minus the Island girl. Maybe change it to Vidorian Girl?

;D ;D ;D

Just pickin 2cents!!!

[quote name="Richard Cranium" post="1401874" timestamp="1367942092"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111442.msg1401850#msg1401850 date=1367935657]
anyone have any rumors of interest??
[/quote]

Yes, Vidors new fight song will be Kenny Chesney's Pirate Flag song minus the Island girl. Maybe change it to Vidorian Girl?

;D ;D ;D

Just pickin 2cents!!!
[/quote]
Not bad. That actually made me crack a smile. For a second.  ;)    ;)

Dont know Coach Credeur, but if a program consistantly wins, I have found the "helicopter parents" dont have a leg to stand on... If you are consistantly having loosing seasons, well, upset parents and fans will come out of the woodwork... I think if you want your kids to learn values and that type of stuff, it all comes with a winning program. I you feel your working your butt off and not getting anywhere, there is a lesson to be learned there as well... I personally would rather my kids reap the benefits of a winning program than growig up believing hard work yields no results... I dont have a dog in this hunt, but some similarities in the program...

the feedback I am getting is that he will finish out the month and then go through the resignation process... not sure why its not on the website... maybe they have to wait until the proper procedures are followed before offering a job that is currently filled....

[quote name="Herefortheparty" post="1401947" timestamp="1367952241"]
Dont know Coach Credeur, but if a program consistantly wins, I have found the "helicopter parents" dont have a leg to stand on... If you are consistantly having loosing seasons, well, upset parents and fans will come out of the woodwork... I think if you want your kids to learn values and that type of stuff, it all comes with a winning program. I you feel your working your butt off and not getting anywhere, there is a lesson to be learned there as well... I personally would rather my kids reap the benefits of a winning program than growig up believing hard work yields no results... I dont have a dog in this hunt, but some similarities in the program...
[/quote]

Please tell me that you got hacked and that someone else posted that. For you to post about helicopter parents coming out of the woodwork to criticize and second guess a coach like it is a bad thing is simply amazing and the height of hipocrisy.  By your own admission you were upset that Martel either wouldn't meet with you or take your suggestions on how to run his program and you danced all over the grave after he left.  You are exactly the type of out of the woodwork helicopter parent that makes good people get out of coaching. 

LISD has plenty of problems other than losing football games I am a lifelong resident, former football player and graduate of Lumberton I will openely say that my son WILL NOT attend school there unless alot of drastic changes are made. Good luck to Coach Creuder and even more luck to whoever replaces him because he will sure need it in this town

[quote name="LTrain" post="1402356" timestamp="1368046205"]
LISD has plenty of problems other than losing football games I am a lifelong resident, former football player and graduate of Lumberton I will openely say that my son WILL NOT attend school there unless alot of drastic changes are made. Good luck to Coach Creuder and even more luck to whoever replaces him because he will sure need it in this town
[/quote]

LTrain, I'm not criticizing your post because it sounds like a fair, honest and possibly true statement about LISD.  My question is, Do you feel like these same problems don't exist at most other school districts?  Let's just say for a minute that, in your opinion, nothing changes in LISD, which school district or private school system would you enroll your son in?  Again, not trying to start an argument or sling mud at any one school district.  I'm really just curious.

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1402547" timestamp="1368108343"]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=111442.msg1402356#msg1402356 date=1368046205]
[/quote]

LTrain, I'm not criticizing your post because it sounds like a fair, honest and possibly true statement about LISD.  My question is, Do you feel like these same problems don't exist at most other school districts?  Let's just say for a minute that, in your opinion, nothing changes in LISD, which school district or private school system would you enroll your son in?  Again, not trying to start an argument or sling mud at any one school district.  I'm really just curious.
[/quote]

I'm still interested in a response.  But while we wait, word on the street in Lumberton is that they had 22 applicants for the AD/FB Head coach position.  I heard the list was then narrowed down to 5.  Any ideas/guesses as to who the 5 are and what the next steps are for Lumberton in making a selection?  And this may be a dumb question but... how is the selection normally made?  Is it a combination of the Super and the board?  Is it just the super?  Maybe someone can shed some light?

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1403055" timestamp="1368224697"]
[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=111442.msg1402547#msg1402547 date=1368108343]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=111442.msg1402356#msg1402356 date=1368046205]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm still interested in a response.  But while we wait, word on the street in Lumberton is that they had 22 applicants for the AD/FB Head coach position.  I heard the list was then narrowed down to 5.  Any ideas/guesses as to who the 5 are and what the next steps are for Lumberton in making a selection?  And this may be a dumb question but... how is the selection normally made?  Is it a combination of the Super and the board?  Is it just the super?  Maybe someone can shed some light?
[/quote]I think its the Super and then he presents his decision to the school board for approval...

Well, frankly I hope Coach Creduer reads this. Coach as a life long citizen of the city of Lumberton, I'm sorry you had to put up with the problems of a few parents who had no business butting into your job. I for one appreciate the fact that you were the ONLY coach to ever get our football program into the post season and I was certainly hoping you'd have enough time to build a strong program within our schools. I'm sure you'd probably agree that Lumberton does have some talent here if certain parents would step back and let the coaches and teachers do their jobs with developing that talent rather than insist on having their child coddled. That unfortunately is the problem with todays' me society. I hope you have a successful and long career in the coaching profession and I hope your next Head Coaching job is a joy to you. I feel sad that a few individuals ran off a HOMEGROWN coach most probably for some trivial BS. Good Luck Coach and always remember that SOME of us truly did appreciate the job you were doing with those young men who bought in to your program. Sincerely, A TRUE FAN OF LUMBERTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS [i]NOT[/i] THE INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1403986" timestamp="1368387933"]
Well, frankly I hope Coach Creduer reads this. Coach as a life long citizen of the city of Lumberton, I'm sorry you had to put up with the problems of a few parents who had no business butting into your job. I for one appreciate the fact that you were the ONLY coach to ever get our football program into the post season and I was certainly hoping you'd have enough time to build a strong program within our schools. I'm sure you'd probably agree that Lumberton does have some talent here if certain parents would step back and let the coaches and teachers do their jobs with developing that talent rather than insist on having their child coddled. That unfortunately is the problem with todays' me society. I hope you have a successful and long career in the coaching profession and I hope your next Head Coaching job is a joy to you. I feel sad that a few individuals ran off a HOMEGROWN coach most probably for some trivial BS. Good Luck Coach and always remember that SOME of us truly did appreciate the job you were doing with those young men who bought in to your program. Sincerely, A TRUE FAN OF LUMBERTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS [i]NOT[/i] THE INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES.
[/quote]
Great post! +1

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1404044" timestamp="1368420328"]
I would hope [b]Chris Babin[/b] and Kevin Flanigan are among the finalists!
[/quote]

Nope nope nope nope nope. Not going anywhere.

[quote name="DP8036" post="1404045" timestamp="1368422884"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=111442.msg1404044#msg1404044 date=1368420328]
I would hope [b]Chris Babin[/b] and Kevin Flanigan are among the finalists!
[/quote]

Nope nope nope nope nope. Not going anywhere.
[/quote]
Are you sure about that??    ;)      :-X

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1403986" timestamp="1368387933"]
Well, frankly I hope Coach Creduer reads this. Coach as a life long citizen of the city of Lumberton, I'm sorry you had to put up with the problems of a few parents who had no business butting into your job. I for one appreciate the fact that you were the ONLY coach to ever get our football program into the post season and I was certainly hoping you'd [i][b]have enough time [/b] [/i] to build a strong program within our schools. I'm sure you'd probably agree that Lumberton does have some talent here if certain [i][b]parents would step back [/b] [/i] and let the coaches and teachers do their jobs with developing that talent rather than insist on having their child coddled. That unfortunately is the problem with todays' me society. I hope you have a successful and long career in the coaching profession and I hope your next Head Coaching job is a joy to you. I feel sad that a few individuals ran off a HOMEGROWN coach most probably for some trivial BS. Good Luck Coach and always remember that SOME of us truly did appreciate the job you were doing with those young men who bought in to your program. Sincerely, A TRUE FAN OF LUMBERTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS [i]NOT[/i] THE INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES.
[/quote]

How long does he get to estabalish a program?  It starts in middle school and goes all the way up.  How about the other programs in the district besides football?  If parents are a problem, they are a problem because he has let them become a problem.  Keep them off the field and out of the field house and in the stands where they belong and they will cease to be problems.

[quote name="brokecoach" post="1404084" timestamp="1368455308"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=111442.msg1403986#msg1403986 date=1368387933]
Well, frankly I hope Coach Creduer reads this. Coach as a life long citizen of the city of Lumberton, I'm sorry you had to put up with the problems of a few parents who had no business butting into your job. I for one appreciate the fact that you were the ONLY coach to ever get our football program into the post season and I was certainly hoping you'd [i][b]have enough time [/b] [/i] to build a strong program within our schools. I'm sure you'd probably agree that Lumberton does have some talent here if certain [i][b]parents would step back [/b] [/i] and let the coaches and teachers do their jobs with developing that talent rather than insist on having their child coddled. That unfortunately is the problem with todays' me society. I hope you have a successful and long career in the coaching profession and I hope your next Head Coaching job is a joy to you. I feel sad that a few individuals ran off a HOMEGROWN coach most probably for some trivial BS. Good Luck Coach and always remember that SOME of us truly did appreciate the job you were doing with those young men who bought in to your program. Sincerely, A TRUE FAN OF LUMBERTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS [i]NOT[/i] THE INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES.
[/quote]

How long does he get to estabalish a program?  It starts in middle school and goes all the way up.  How about the other programs in the district besides football?  If parents are a problem, they are a problem because he has let them become a problem.  Keep them off the field and out of the field house and in the stands where they belong and they will cease to be problems.
[/quote]

I think the question really should be 'Is the community interested in establishing a program?'  I don't believe that is the goal of a lot of parents.  IMO, I think it is more about 'my kid and what he/she will get out of this'.  Just think about the number of kids specializing in one sport, especially baseball.  In many cases, parents don't discourage specialization because in their mind, specializing in baseball will give them a better shot at a scholarship.  Not a lot of specializing in football but let's face it, kids these days are lazier than ever so, of course they would choose baseball over football.  Go watch football practice and then watch a baseball practice and tell me which one a lazy kid is going to choose, if the parents let them.  I would also suggest that in towns like Vidor, Port Neches, Groves, Nederland, Orange, that you have a tougher, more blue-collar attitude that does not accept laziness and probably 'encourages' their kid to play football even if they won't play after high school. 

I don't know about the last comments on parents being on the fields and in the fieldhouse.  If that is really happening over there, then that could explain a few things.  That would definitely have to stop.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine