25-AA playoff picture...IT GETS CRAZY

Deweyville 7-4
Kountze 7-4
East Chambers 7-4
Hardin 7-5
Anahauc 0-11

I think that is right...who owns head to head match ups
I know Kountze owns it with DP...HH...AP...even w/ EC.
Not sure on DP, EC, or HH one versus the other.
I am pretty sure if Kountze beats EC Monday or AP friday than Kountze will be district champs.

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1396455" timestamp="1366484236"]
Deweyville 7-4
Kountze 7-3
East Chambers 5-5
Hardin 6-5
Anahauc 0-10

I think that is right...who owns head to head match ups
I know Kountze owns it with DP...HH...AP...even w/ EC.
Not sure on DP, EC, or HH one versus the other.
I am pretty sure if Kountze beats EC Monday or AP friday than Kountze will be district champs.
[/quote]
I believe you are right, Lions beat EC then Lions are District Champs. Dville owns tie breaker/head to head with Hardin and even with EC with 1 game to go next weekend.

Here is what I think...KL beats EC...HH beats AP...DP beats EC...KL beats AP, (those are the games left to play) Now for the why this happens:

1st. Right Kountze is playing very good baseball and they are hitting very well against good pitching...they have kept the errors to a minimum and KL still has bullets in the gun for pitching come Monday with EC. EC according to to what I have heard and I stress heard was struggling with errors and bats have not been as sharp. Pitching has been good but not lights out. So KL should pull this one out and add another win to the record.

2nd. HH should beat AP because AP has bunch of really good athletes but just not real solid Baseball guys. HH has good 101 players and there consitancy will prevail.

3rd. DP should beat EC. Jacob Howell will be on the mound and more determined than ever and DP has something to prove. Although EC is also on the, "got something to prove train", it may not be enough to over come DP. EC will play with DP in every area except pitch versus batter. I feel Howell will prevail and DP will follow with enough run support to win.

4th. KL should beat AP. again more to do with concistant baseball than how many good athletes on the field.

NOW IF ALL THIS COMES TO PASS??? HERE IS THE PICTURE THAT GETS PAINTED FOR DISTRICT AND PLAYOFFS

1st Kountze Lions
(1 seed playoff)
2nd Deweyville Pirates
(2 seed playoff)
3rd Hardin Hornets
(3 seed playoff)
4th East Chambers Bucs
5th Anahauc Panthers

****This was not meant to degrade any teams chances just an opinion not a statement of disrespect. This has been a very competitive district and good baseball has been the normal play.**** I am sure you guys will have your own take so please opine!

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1396573" timestamp="1366560724"]
Here is what I think...KL beats EC...HH beats AP...DP beats EC...KL beats AP, (those are the games left to play) Now for the why this happens:

1st. Right Kountze is playing very good baseball and they are hitting very well against good pitching...they have kept the errors to a minimum and KL still has bullets in the gun for pitching come Monday with EC. EC according to to what I have heard and I stress heard was struggling with errors and bats have not been as sharp. Pitching has been good but not lights out. So KL should pull this one out and add another win to the record.

2nd. HH should beat AP because AP has bunch of really good athletes but just not real solid Baseball guys. HH has good 101 players and there consitancy will prevail.

3rd. DP should beat EC. Jacob Howell will be on the mound and more determined than ever and DP has something to prove. Although EC is also on the, "got something to prove train", it may not be enough to over come DP. EC will play with DP in every area except pitch versus batter. I feel Howell will prevail and DP will follow with enough run support to win.

4th. KL should beat AP. again more to do with concistant baseball than how many good athletes on the field.

NOW IF ALL THIS COMES TO PASS??? HERE IS THE PICTURE THAT GETS PAINTED FOR DISTRICT AND PLAYOFFS

1st Kountze Lions
(1 seed playoff)
2nd Deweyville Pirates
(2 seed playoff)
3rd Hardin Hornets
(3 seed playoff)
4th East Chambers Bucs
5th Anahauc Panthers

****This was not meant to degrade any teams chances just an opinion not a statement of disrespect. This has been a very competitive district and good baseball has been the normal play.**** I am sure you guys will have your own take so please opine!
[/quote]
Looks pretty good, should be a very interesting last week of the regular season! It's been a very competitive District race this year.

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1396573" timestamp="1366560724"]

1st Kountze Lions
(1 seed playoff)
2nd Deweyville Pirates
(2 seed playoff)
3rd Hardin Hornets
(3 seed playoff)
4th East Chambers Bucs
5th Anahauc Panthers

[/quote]

Ok... EC busted this tonight... Now on Saturday EC and DP are playing for the district Championship for EC lose and they are done. DP wins or loses they are in the playoffs.

If I am not mistaken and help me if I am...are we all like 7-4 now and if Deweyville beats EC and Kountze beats AP...that would mean DP and KL have an 8-4 record with KL having the head to head and would back door the district title...SO I WILL OBVIOUSLY BE PULLING FOR DEWEYVILLE...hope they pull it out...lol!

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1397046" timestamp="1366687222"]
If I am not mistaken and help me if I am...are we all like 7-4 now and if Deweyville beats EC and Kountze beats AP...that would mean DP and KL have an 8-4 record with KL having the head to head and would back door the district title...SO I WILL OBVIOUSLY BE PULLING FOR DEWEYVILLE...hope they pull it out...lol!
[/quote]
You are correct

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1397046" timestamp="1366687222"]
[/quote]
Same situation Pirates had in football this year, win and your Dist Champs, lose and your out of playoffs for EC, crazy scenario.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1397081" timestamp="1366719659"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=111324.msg1397046#msg1397046 date=1366687222]
If I am not mistaken and help me if I am...are we all like 7-4 now and if Deweyville beats EC and Kountze beats AP...that would mean DP and KL have an 8-4 record with KL having the head to head and would back door the district title...SO I WILL OBVIOUSLY BE PULLING FOR DEWEYVILLE...hope they pull it out...lol! The wild card in all this is AP they beat HH...AP locks the top three with KL, DP,EC...(no particular order)
[/quote]
Same situation Pirates had in football this year, win and your Dist Champs, lose and your out of playoffs for EC, crazy scenario.
[/quote]
It is nut how many times have you seen a true catch 22 situation like this...win you possible give KL the title if they win their last game with AP. Loose and your out and HH is KL is second and EC gets the title...wow what options!

Agreed...Wow what options!! This nail bitting season has represented baseball in the fact that each of these teams have had their "bad game" and have come back to prove they belong and not to count them out. It has been a tight race and a fun one. Congrats to all of the seniors on a great season and congrats to all of the teams who have secured a spot in the playoffs and to those who will. Good luck to every team in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86