• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1395140" timestamp="1366170523"]
Longest game in SETX Baseball history??
[/quote]

I don't know but I'll bet it was the longest two game district series. Didn't the first one go 11 for 23 innings in two district games?

Great ball game to watch! Feltman had a couple of nice shots in the game. Sandersons pitched a hell of a game.
I thought the PNG freshman looked good and kept Nedeland off balance. Anybody know what up with Carson's arm i saw that it was wraped? good win for Big Ned! Go DOGS

Way to refuse to lose Dogs!Great job by Carson Raines and Brian Feltman with two huge clutch doubles!Great pitching by both staffs.Each team only scored 4 runs in 23 innings.Great job by PNG applying pressure to the Dogs.With failed squeeze executions, errors and cross ups by the pitcher this group is to stubborn to give in.Keep finding a way to win Dogs!     

this game (and the first one ths year for that matter) was a classic between what are clearly the best 2 teams in the district...the rivalry just makes it all that much better...23 innings of baseball in 2 games and these teams have each scored 4 runs, so it's been about as even as it could be...Sanderson pitched great and carried a shutout into the 10th...amazing...Nevala and Ramoin came in and pitched well too...png had some clutch play, just not quite as much as the Dogs in this one...the hits by Raines and Feltman were huge.

Great game by both teams...the Dogs have the inside track now on the DC, which was their first goal for the season.

Big win for the DOGS. Puts the boys in the drivers seat for a DC. Sounds like I missed a great game.

I do have a question for those who watch a lot more bb than me. I noticed on the highlights Ned tried a squeeze play with bases loaded and 1 out. Unfortunately, it ended in disaster with a double play. ? - Is the squeeze a popular play at the HS level? I'm sure it depends on the scenario, but it seems the last two years for Ned it has only worked 1x in about 4 or 5 attempts. The only time I recall the squeeze working was during a Livingston game where their pitcher immediately fielded the ball, got excited, and over-threw the catcher. Otherwise, it too would have ended in a double play. What is the success rate of the squeeze at the HS level and above? 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1395646" timestamp="1366294537"]
Big win for the DOGS. Puts the boys in the drivers seat for a DC. Sounds like I missed a great game.

I do have a question for those who watch a lot more bb than me. I noticed on the highlights Ned tried a squeeze play with bases loaded and 1 out. Unfortunately, it ended in disaster with a double play. ? - Is the squeeze a popular play at the HS level? I'm sure it depends on the scenario, but it seems the last two years for Ned it has only worked 1x in about 4 or 5 attempts. The only time I recall the squeeze working was during a Livingston game where their pitcher immediately fielded the ball, got excited, and over-threw the catcher. Otherwise, it too would have ended in a double play. What is the success rate of the squeeze at the HS level and above?
[/quote]

Bunting in general is bad at the HS level.  I would guess that sac bunts and squeeze success rate would be around 50% for HS. 

The missed bunt in this game was by one of the best bunters in the area.  I would say he gets that ball on the ground 90+% of the time. 

With bases loaded chance for success is lowered because there is no tag play involved.A walk will get you a run.I love the first and third squeeze play with one out or any time with a runner at third only and one out.With the game tied.A hit blows the game open. 

Had more time to think about it.Even if the bases loaded squeeze is a success you have runners at second and third with two outs.Pitcher can be cautious with the next batter with first base open.I think the bases loaded squeeze gives the defense the best chance to get out of trouble with no damage or limited damage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder