Silsbee travels to Buna April 9th

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="1392263" timestamp="1365360581"]
Silsbee will roll I'm sure. Probably the best line up BC has seen next to College Station this year
[/quote] Yes Thanks BCGRAD. Although a lot can happen in a game as Silsbee saw the first time they played OF. it was the worst game I saw Silsbee play all year. But they regrouped and took care of business.  BC and Silsbee are way beyond the rest of the district I've said it since the beginning of the year. During tournament season and preseason These two teams played 4-A tournaments and were winning them. and the rest of the district was playing in 2-A Tournaments . and they were thinking they would be able to play with these two teams .  I bet next year the other teams may try and play up during tournament time and non district. It does help to prepare for district time

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1392243" timestamp="1365351667"]
Silsbee has scored 10, 19, 12, and 15 runs in last 4 games (avg. of 14 runs a game). Given up 11 runs (2.75 per game)

Tigers have scored 80 runs in their 7 district games (11.4 per game). This leads 21-3A.
[/quote]

AAW and any other Silsbee folks,
you know I mean absolutely zero disrespect to Silsbee but I just wanted to see what your take (or anyone else's take for that matter) would be on a random thought. There is no doubt that Silsbee has the best offense in the district, anybody with good sense has to agree on that. One thing that perhaps gets lost in the stats and numbers is the fact Silsbee folows BC through the district schedule and that has greatly affected the pitching that other teams have thrown against the Tigers. For example, Silsbee has played OF twice and hasn't seen Smith yet or Gunstream for any amount of innings or at all. Played WOS without seeing Aidan Anderson. Played Buna without seeing Clark. Played HF without seeing Herring or Johnson and HJ never started Duplant or Edelmon against the Tigers either. If you flip that around and look at BC they've seen almost all of those guys except Duplant and Johnson. Plus BC got Powell (Silsbee) in their first game. If you compare the matchups there is a sizeable difference. In all reality it really may not make that big of a difference because the Tigers swing it that well but it's just another tidbit to generate conversation. If I made a mistake about the pitchers that have thrown against the Tigers I apologize in advance, I went from memory and you know how that goes sometimes. ;D

Rake1 

[quote name="Rake1" post="1392269" timestamp="1365362862"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110894.msg1392243#msg1392243 date=1365351667]
Silsbee has scored 10, 19, 12, and 15 runs in last 4 games (avg. of 14 runs a game). Given up 11 runs (2.75 per game)

Tigers have scored 80 runs in their 7 district games (11.4 per game). This leads 21-3A.
[/quote]

you know I mean absolutely zero disrespect to Silsbee but I just wanted to see what your take (or anyone else's take for that matter) would be on a random thought. There is no doubt that Silsbee has the best offense in the district, anybody with good sense has to agree on that. One thing that perhaps gets lost in the stats and numbers is the fact Silsbee folows BC through the district schedule and that has greatly affected the pitching that other teams have thrown against the Tigers. For example, Silsbee has played OF twice and hasn't seen Smith yet or Gunstream for any amount of innings or at all. Played WOS without seeing Aidan Anderson. Played Buna without seeing Clark. Played HF without seeing Herring or Johnson and HJ never started Duplant or Edelmon against the Tigers either. If you flip that around and look at BC they've seen almost all of those guys except Duplant and Johnson. Plus BC got Powell (Silsbee) in their first game. If you compare the matchups there is a sizeable difference. In all reality it really may not make that big of a difference because the Tigers swing it that well but it's just another tidbit to generate conversation. If I made a mistake about the pitchers that have thrown against the Tigers I apologize in advance, I went from memory and you know how that goes sometimes. ;D

Rake1
[/quote]WoW So your saying that the pitchers BC faced are better than the pitchers Silsbee faced. I bet those pitchers have a little bit to say about that.  Silsbee thinks they all are good and approach the game that way. They take on each pitcher the same way they are all good in their own way. Just have to figure that particular pitcher out.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1392275" timestamp="1365366812"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=110894.msg1392269#msg1392269 date=1365362862]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110894.msg1392243#msg1392243 date=1365351667]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]WoW So your saying that the pitchers BC faced are better than the pitchers Silsbee faced. I bet those pitchers have a little bit to say about that.  Silsbee thinks they all are good and approach the game that way. They take on each pitcher the same way they are all good in their own way. Just have to figure that particular pitcher out.
[/quote]

I don't even know how to respond to this? Did you read it before you posted? I'm not knocking Silsbee at all, in fact I believe I said in the above post that "there is no doubt Silsbee is the best offense in the district". I just asked a question or put a statement out there and offered up a statistic to for comparison that I honestly believe is self explanatory. Not saying it's right or wrong, just purely up for debate or conversation. I'm not going to get into a "who is better, my team rules your team stinks" conversation because I have way too many friends that I respect that are from Silsbee. I'm just trying to have a decent baseball conversation.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1392277" timestamp="1365368264"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=110894.msg1392275#msg1392275 date=1365366812]

[/quote]

you know I mean absolutely zero disrespect to Silsbee but I just wanted to see what your take (or anyone else's take for that matter) would be on a random thought. There is no doubt that Silsbee has the best offense in the district, anybody with good sense has to agree on that. One thing that perhaps gets lost in the stats and numbers is the fact Silsbee folows BC through the district schedule and that has greatly affected the pitching that other teams have thrown against the Tigers. For example, Silsbee has played OF twice and hasn't seen Smith yet or Gunstream for any amount of innings or at all. Played WOS without seeing Aidan Anderson. Played Buna without seeing Clark. Played HF without seeing Herring or Johnson and HJ never started Duplant or Edelmon against the Tigers either[b]. If you flip that around and look at BC they've seen almost all of those guys except Duplant and Johnson. Plus BC got Powell (Silsbee) in their first game. If you compare the matchups there is a sizeable difference.[/b] In all reality it really may not make that big of a difference because the Tigers swing it that well but it's just another tidbit to generate conversation. If I made a mistake about the pitchers that have thrown against the Tigers I apologize in advance, I went from memory and you know how that goes sometimes. ;D

Rake1
[/quote]

I don't even know how to respond to this? Did you read it before you posted?

Rake1
[/quote]Yep

I'm not knocking Silsbee at all, in fact I believe I said in the above post that "there is no doubt Silsbee is the best offense in the district". I just asked a question or put a statement out there and offered up a statistic to for comparison that I honestly believe is self explanatory. Not saying it's right or wrong, just purely up for debate or conversation. I'm not going to get into a "who is better, my team rules your team stinks" conversation because I have way too many friends that I respect that are from Silsbee. I'm just trying to have a decent baseball conversation.

Rake1

[quote name="CATS80" post="1392278" timestamp="1365368579"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=110894.msg1392277#msg1392277 date=1365368264]

[/quote]

you know I mean absolutely zero disrespect to Silsbee but I just wanted to see what your take (or anyone else's take for that matter) would be on a random thought. There is no doubt that Silsbee has the best offense in the district, anybody with good sense has to agree on that. One thing that perhaps gets lost in the stats and numbers is the fact Silsbee folows BC through the district schedule and that has greatly affected the pitching that other teams have thrown against the Tigers. For example, Silsbee has played OF twice and hasn't seen Smith yet or Gunstream for any amount of innings or at all. Played WOS without seeing Aidan Anderson. Played Buna without seeing Clark. Played HF without seeing Herring or Johnson and HJ never started Duplant or Edelmon against the Tigers either[b]. If you flip that around and look at BC they've seen almost all of those guys except Duplant and Johnson. Plus BC got Powell (Silsbee) in their first game. If you compare the matchups there is a sizeable difference.[/b] In all reality it really may not make that big of a difference because the Tigers swing it that well but it's just another tidbit to generate conversation. If I made a mistake about the pitchers that have thrown against the Tigers I apologize in advance, I went from memory and you know how that goes sometimes. ;D

Rake1
[/quote]WoW So your saying that the pitchers BC faced are better than the pitchers Silsbee faced. I bet those pitchers have a little bit to say about that.  Silsbee thinks they all are good and approach the game that way. They take on each pitcher the same way they are all good in their own way.[color=maroon][b] Just have to figure that particular pitcher out.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]Yep
[/quote]

An honest question for you, nothing sarcastic implied...

Don't you think it's a little different figuring a guy out who throws 85 with a good breaking ball compared to another one who throws 75? If they were all the same then coaches wouldn't care who they put up on the hill.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1392279" timestamp="1365368870"]
I'm not knocking Silsbee at all, in fact I believe I said in the above post that "there is no doubt Silsbee is the best offense in the district". I just asked a question or put a statement out there and offered up a statistic to for comparison that I honestly believe is self explanatory. Not saying it's right or wrong, just purely up for debate or conversation. I'm not going to get into a "who is better, my team rules your team stinks" conversation because I have way too many friends that I respect that are from Silsbee. I'm just trying to have a decent baseball conversation.

Rake1
[/quote]I didn't take it as a knock on Silsbee and I saw that compliment to Silsbee. I have nothing but compliments to BC the same way  it just looked to be a knock on the other pitchers that BC didn't face . And Im just saying that all the pitchers are good Just different. Im good for a good conversation. I said something earlier and after re reading it I wished I hadn't because it sounded bad and not how I really intended it to. and that was that BC and Silsbee were far better than the rest of the district and what I was trying to say was the rest of the district really needs to play up in competition to get better in preseason . I have read many of your posts and also think your one of the most level headed when talkin about baseball . Just that particular thing I commented on that's all not upset in any way

[quote name="Rake1" post="1392281" timestamp="1365369273"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=110894.msg1392278#msg1392278 date=1365368579]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=110894.msg1392277#msg1392277 date=1365368264]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]WoW So your saying that the pitchers BC faced are better than the pitchers Silsbee faced. I bet those pitchers have a little bit to say about that.  Silsbee thinks they all are good and approach the game that way. They take on each pitcher the same way they are all good in their own way.[color=maroon][b] Just have to figure that particular pitcher out.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]Yep
[/quote]

An honest question for you, nothing sarcastic implied...

Don't you think it's a little different figuring a guy out who throws 85 with a good breaking ball compared to another one who throws 75? If they were all the same then coaches wouldn't care who they put up on the hill.

Rake1
[/quote]This is a really good question.  In Silsbee's team in question its harder for Silsbee to adjust to the slower pitching than the 85 and up. But Silsbee Would rather have the faster pitching than the slower. But not every one is the same. Just talking about Silsbee. I have seen teams have a very hard time with the faster pitching we just have a harder time with slower in the top of the order. the bottom hits better with the slower. and the differences compliments each other in the order. But here lately Silsbees top and bottom have been adjusting very well to both

Both teams saw Livingston ace in Lantrip...... BC lost 5-0, Silsbee won 5-2.  That is a guy that throws upper 80's to 90

Silsbee did see Crain and Gunstream in the first game and then Crain and Permenter in the second.  Crain was touted as the ace of Orangefield pitching staff last season, have not seen Braxton throw this season but last time I saw him both he and Crain had pretty close to the same stuff.  Crain just came from the left side.

For that matter Silsbee had 9 hits against BC ace in Guidry.  BC had only 3 hits in whole game.  One of those was a costly 3 run HR.  Silsbee ended the first matchup against BC with 11 hits to BC 3.  With both aces starting......

;D Oh come on its fun . and no doubt about BC I feel that they are very good.  BC has an ability of making things happen when its needed and that is hard to duplicate . I don't know how. Good coaching. Good defence. Good offence. Good pitching. But no doubt get the job done when they have to.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder