Lamar vs. UT-Arlington.........LU Wins

Lazeek

This game is tonight and it seems that nobody is talking about it..............maybe it is because LU is just not very good!!!!!!  I predict a average UT-Arlington team to come into the Montagne and walk out of it with a 6 point victory..........

IF or should I say WHEN Lamar finishes conference an anemic 4-12 or 5-11 I predict there to be so much negativity towards Roc that Tubbs will have no choice but to get rid of him...........LU is losing fans each and every game!!!!!!  I personally have missed 5 of the last 6...........one or two because I could not go and the others because I chose not to go!!!!!  People were disappointed when Deane was in his last year or two and IMO this is worse...........the conference is tougher, the players are better and yet LU still can't find ways to win on the road!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachacola
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="743188" timestamp="1263394834"]
This game is tonight and it seems that nobody is talking about it..............maybe it is because LU is just not very good!!!!!!  I predict a average UT-Arlington team to come into the Montagne and walk out of it with a 6 point victory..........

IF or should I say WHEN Lamar finishes conference an anemic 4-12 or 5-11 I predict there to be so much negativity towards Roc that Tubbs will have no choice but to get rid of him...........LU is losing fans each and every game!!!!!!  I personally have missed 5 of the last 6...........one or two because I could not go and the others because I chose not to go!!!!!  People were disappointed when Deane was in his last year or two and IMO this is worse...........the conference is tougher, the players are better and yet LU still can't find ways to win on the road!!!!!
[/quote]

You are 100% right.  I've been hesitant to make predictions about the games because I have no idea if they will win or lose, even for games like this where LU should win easily.  But I still think Tubbs will give him one more year with all the young players he has, plus I don't think Tubbs wants to go through the process of hiring another coach until football gets going.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="743188" timestamp="1263394834"]
IF or should I say WHEN Lamar finishes conference an anemic 4-12 or 5-11 I predict there to be so much negativity towards Roc that Tubbs will have no choice but to get rid of him...........LU is losing fans each and every game!!!!!!  I personally have missed 5 of the last 6...........one or two because I could not go and the others because I chose not to go!!!!!  [b]People were disappointed when Deane was in his last year or two and IMO this is worse[/b]...........the conference is tougher, the players are better and yet LU still can't find ways to win on the road!!!!!
[/quote]
The dissapointment with Deane was because they were boring to watch and didn't win!

Roc's teams are winning more than Deanes did and are at least fast paced and fun to watch (most of the time).

FAST PACED..................they hit a season high 87 points the other day!!!!!!  They are averaging a pathetic 68.5 points a game!!!!!  I have not laughed that hard in a while!!! :D :D :D

LU actually ranks 206th in the NCAA Div. 1 hoops!!!!!  67.2 points per game based on ESPN.com!!!!  74.2 at home and 61.3 on the road!!!!

TEAM STATS SUMMARY
Lamar wins 71-68

UTA                        LU
Points                68                            71
Field Goals          25-69 (36.2%)          21-60 (35.0%)
Free Throws      13-24 (54.2%)          22-36 (61.1%)
3-pointers          5-23 (21.7%)            7-17 (41.2%)
Rebounds (Off)      42 (16)                    47 (15)
Assists                  15                          19
Steals                    7                            7
Blocks                    6                            9
Turnovers              11                          15
Personal Fouls        27                          24

LAMAR CARDINALS
STARTERS       FGM-A   3PM-A   FTM-A   PF   PTS
Donley Minor, G    6-12     4-8        0-0    5    16
Coy Custer, C       4-7      1-2        5-9    1    14
Justin Nabors, F    3-8      0-0        6-7    5    12
Kendrick Harris, G 3-11      2-4       3-6     4    11
Anthony Miles, G   2-8      0-2        3-4     3    7

BENCH                FGM-A      3PM-A      FTM-A    PF PTS
Charlie Harper, G       2-8          0-0         2-6       2   6
Stanford Brown, F     1-3          0-0         3-4       0   5
Donte Lopez, G         0-2          0-1         0-0       0   0
Reggie Mathis, G       0-0          0-0         0-0       0   0
Justin Wesley, F        0-0          0-0        0-0       2   0
Lawrence Nwevo, F-C 0-1         0-0         0-0      2   0

Guest coachacola
Well, at least they didn't lose.  It was good to see freshman Donley Minor step up and have a good game, especially going 4 of 8 from behind the arc.  Looks like Nabors had another double-double, he will be missed next year.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="743599" timestamp="1263434175"]
Badndn.....Lamar Fast Paced huh????  25 points at half!!!
[/quote]
Where is your smart a$$ post about the 46 point second half?

And yes compared to the Mike Deane, era 67.2 ppg (THIS YEAR) is like lightning! How is your man crush doing up in NY by the way?

I had a post on here that I posted about 10pm last night giving them credit for a good 2nd half............it also criticized ROC and his lack of coaching skills and evidently someone deleted it!!!!

They played well in the 2nd half............thank god a FRESHMAN stepped up and led the team.........they have no heart and no team play!!!!  They took the lead back by PUSHING the ball and once they got a 10 point lead 51-41 lead they slowed down to a HALF COURT game which they have none of!!!!!!!!  Almost cost them the game........also why was Custer out of the game late............he was HUGE last night in regaining the lead and showed emotion!!!!!  It also did not hurt that UTA is very athletic but not very good.......other than Haynes who is VERY GOOD they did not look impressive.  UTA will beat LU in Arlington by 15!!!!!!  Nonetheless great win for the Cards last night and glad they stepped it up in the 2nd half............still thinking 4-5 wins in conference though!!!

[quote name="badndn" post="743724" timestamp="1263479369"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64703.msg743599#msg743599 date=1263434175]
[/quote]

And yes compared to the Mike Deane, era 67.2 ppg (THIS YEAR) is like lightning![b][size=12pt] How is your man crush doing up in NY by the way?[/size][/b][/quote]

Wagner 2 - 15 to date.

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="743734" timestamp="1263480773"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=64703.msg743724#msg743724 date=1263479369]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64703.msg743599#msg743599 date=1263434175]
[/quote]

And yes compared to the Mike Deane, era 67.2 ppg (THIS YEAR) is like lightning![b][size=12pt] How is your man crush doing up in NY by the way?[/size][/b][/quote]

Wagner 2 - 15 to date.
[/quote]

Irrelevant!!!!!! ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin