Lamar vs. UT-Arlington.........LU Wins

Lazeek

Guest coachacola
The problem with the SLC is that no team can put together a dominate team that could at least win a few games in the NCAA tourney every year or so.  Being in a one and done league means the SLC gets a very small slice of the NCAA tourney money.  Take Gonzaga, a small school in a small conference that consistently wins and gets on tv year after year.  The SLC needs a team like that, be it LU, SHSU or UTSA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="744189" timestamp="1263530932"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=64703.msg744109#msg744109 date=1263519006]LU biggest problem is being in the SLC.
[/quote]

Are you saying that it is too difficult to keep up with the SHSUs and SLUs of the world? The Great West would probably take you if that's the case. Didn't LU have a heated rivalry with UT-Pan American back in the American South and Sun Belt days?
[/quote]Hang around losers and you become a loser.

• 1 month later...
[quote name="geezer" post="744124" timestamp="1263522737"]
Agree LU should have stayed in the Sunbelt or looked to move up to an even stronger conference.  Should never have dropped football.  IMO while not what it should have been the football program was improving when it was killed.  Stronger conference better chance to get quality recruits and better chance to schedule the kind of opponents that is necessary to fill the Montange.  I would like to see more teams coming in from Conference USA, Missouri Valley, Sunbelt, MEAC or other D-1 conference as opposed to Louisiana College.  Personally I would rather watch Lamar loose to the likes of say Tulsa, Houston, Southern Illinois, Wichita State or Creighton than win against a D-II or D-III school.
[/quote]Old post but I couldn't resist: LU could not win in Sunbelt and it was costing too much while losing. They thought they could live in the past (like many of you) and re-create the 1980's all over in the SLC. Times have changed-get over it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86