NDNation

PN-G Indians vs Crosby Cougars

Recommended Posts

1
9 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Ignorant. Find your spell check. I also opened a new can of worms with your overpaid coaches. So I was coming at you and not rebutting. Go look for an argument on twitter. You are out of your league here. 

You are right about that. I hate trash talking, and you and the chief drug me down to your level with the unsolicited "Baytown suburb" insult. I never dreamed my simple response about PNG being a Port Arthur suburb would set you off so bad, sorry for the hurt feelings!   

Sad thing for your PNG program is that you keyboard commandos here in this forum cast a trashy light on an otherwise classy PNG school and community. PNG would be better off without you two making  fools of yourselves here. Remember PNG fans, you don't HAVE to act like Crosby. Be better than that! Hope everything is spelled correctly for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You are right about that. I hate trash talking, and you and the chief drug me down to your level with the unsolicited "Baytown suburb" insult. I never dreamed my simple response about PNG being a Port Arthur suburb would set you off so bad, sorry for the hurt feelings!   

Sad thing for your PNG program is that you keyboard commandos here in this forum cast a trashy light on an otherwise classy PNG school and community. PNG would be better off without you two making  fools of yourselves here. Remember PNG fans, you don't HAVE to act like Crosby. Be better than that! Hope everything is spelled correctly for you. 

LOL, Separation if you really want to get his goat, call them a Nederland suburb. Now those are some fightin' words. JK Aki. 😜 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

All the teams in district have some good athletes on their team but the different is Crosby has a lot of good athletes on both sides. When Crosby has a bad game they still manage to pull a win out and when they have a good game then they smoke somebody like an Indian smoking a peace pipe.

 

Personally I think this Coach has a lot to do with it.  This is probably one of the least athletic teams(overall) in past few years.  They’re just a bunch of kids that love to play football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

All the teams in district have some good athletes on their team but the different is Crosby has a lot of good athletes on both sides. When Crosby has a bad game they still manage to pull a win out and when they have a good game then they smoke somebody like an Indian smoking a peace pipe.

 

Agreed Crosby has some playmakers on both sides of the ball. When they all start making plays it can get ugly fast. However this district is still very competitive. We're definitely gonna be a problem for the other districts in the playoffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Personally I think this Coach has a lot to do with it.  This is probably one of the least athletic teams(overall) in past few years.  They’re just a bunch of kids that love to play football.

Crosby is crosby. 

 

 @jayhawk For Dayton If they give Ware time he'll make something shake out there. This the first time Dayton has been competitive since around 2015ish??

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crosby is crosby. 

 

 @jayhawk For Dayton If they give Ware time he'll make something shake out there. This the first time Dayton has been competitive since around 2015ish??

10-4, we are showing signs of improvement and the athletes are slowly trickling out of the halls again  out of respect for Coach Ware . The fans are restless though !-- thanks for your sentiments maybe one day soon we can field a team liltex would be proud of .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!! All these pages of nonsense. Look people… Note I didn’t say clowns… @CougarCal said it best, you need to be more disciplined in these posts. Crosby is the cream of the crop in the district. PNG is not. Watch a little game film. If we can’t stop the big 3 from Crosby, it’s gonna be al looong  night. If  any of you cl.. dang it , people have watched a game , we are giving up 40+. So, try and run, and keep trying to run, when it doesn’t work, run again. Eat clock, and try and keep it competitive. If anyone of you Think those stats mean a hill of beans, yall coo coo!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Personally I think this Coach has a lot to do with it.  This is probably one of the least athletic teams(overall) in past few years.  They’re just a bunch of kids that love to play football.

That’s it right there. The way the TC game was called offensively was beautiful. We never made any play-calls to their strengths until they were ready to be knocked out. All of a sudden the DC has us looking like we can cover people. Seems like we have kids making plays when they use half the offensive line to block Casey. 
 

Riordan had some crazy offenses and was the beneficiary of some ridiculous talent while he was here but at times it felt like if we couldn’t out-talent you then we couldn’t out-coach you either. Two games that really stick out were the 2015 Ridge Point game and the 2017 New Caney game. I think those are two games Prieto probably wins. 
 

Let’s not act like he doesn’t have some horses though. You can make an argument for Crosby having the best players at every position group in the district. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of comparisons of common matchups and also talk about our backups played this and that. I’m just curious. Is that why the Hill had y’all down because the backups were playing. Asking for my friend separation scientist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I have a therapist in the family I can get you a discount…

I have family that works at a discount store that thinks he's a therapist.  I offer his services to anyone who is not a PNG Indian fan.  As for a therapist, I will continue to take my problems to God in prayer.  🙂 🏈  Have a great week!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Lots of comparisons of common matchups and also talk about our backups played this and that. I’m just curious. Is that why the Hill had y’all down because the backups were playing. Asking for my friend separation scientist. 

Nah, they had a great night in a rivalry game. Did y’all play backups on the second half against Nederland, I’m assuming that’s the reason y’all lost to them? We’re y’all playing backups when you were down 17-0 to the second worst team in the district? Is that the reason KP scored their season high against y’all? Is playing backups the reason y’all beat the third worst team in the district by only 7 points? Asking for myself. 
 

Playing backups IS the reason we only scored 52 on Dayton, 67 on KP and 57 on TC though. You’re pointing to one game. Look at the other six on our schedule in comparison. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Lots of comparisons of common matchups and also talk about our backups played this and that. I’m just curious. Is that why the Hill had y’all down because the backups were playing. Asking for my friend separation scientist. 

NO, BH played a heck of a game. They had a very good game plan and fell apart at the end. How'd that MCM game go for yall again? Wasn't it "Faircloth doesn't lose to Nederland's new coach" and "he's not Neumann" before that one? 

Seems like that chief is still living in 87. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, they had a great night in a rivalry game. Did y’all play backups on the second half against Nederland, I’m assuming that’s the reason y’all lost to them? We’re y’all playing backups when you were down 17-0 to the second worst team in the district? Is that the reason KP scored their season high against y’all? Is playing backups the reason y’all beat the third worst team in the district by only 7 points? Asking for myself. 
 

Playing backups IS the reason we only scored 52 on Dayton, 67 on KP and 57 on TC though. You’re pointing to one game. Look at the other six on our schedule in comparison. 

Ok cupcake. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

NO, BH played a heck of a game. They had a very good game plan and fell apart at the end. How'd that MCM game go for yall again? Wasn't it "Faircloth doesn't lose to Nederland's new coach" and "he's not Neumann" before that one? 

Seems like that chief is still living in 87. 

Now I’m getting some panties to knot up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crosby is definitely the more complete team.  When PNG is hitting on all cylinders the offense can be prolific.  I just think Crosbys D-line in the end will be too  dominant for PNG to keep up.  I really do HOPE PNG can pull it off.  

Crosby-56

    PNG-38

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crosby is crosby. 

 

 @jayhawk For Dayton If they give Ware time he'll make something shake out there. This the first time Dayton has been competitive since around 2015ish??

He wont be around when Dayton grows out to be the new Spring ISD (22k homes planned to be finished by 2025) on Fm 1960

14 hours ago, jayhawk said:

10-4, we are showing signs of improvement and the athletes are slowly trickling out of the halls again  out of respect for Coach Ware . The fans are restless though !-- thanks for your sentiments maybe one day soon we can field a team liltex would be proud of .

IT also depends on what the ISD does with the growth.  Do they go New Caney / Porter style or do they go 6a in the next 6-8 years. Who knows.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If PNG can run the football, we have a pathway to victory,  If we are forced to go strictly to a passing game, it will be a hard night for my Indians.  Crosby Defense is tough.  PNG Offense better be 100% on their game.  I am looking forward to this Friday night!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

He wont be around when Dayton grows out to be the new Spring ISD (22k homes planned to be finished by 2025) on Fm 1960

IT also depends on what the ISD does with the growth.  Do they go New Caney / Porter style or do they go 6a in the next 6-8 years. Who knows.  

The new expansion they are working on now is on 146 haven't heard about 1960 but sure it will follow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,839
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    JohnMellencamp
    Newest Member
    JohnMellencamp
    Joined

  • Posts

    • Ah yes, the Obamacare ruling. I do think that he very likely will rule to keep Roe v. Wade in full effect because of stare decisis but I also think there is a chance that he might side with modifying it. The Mississippi law does not exactly go against part of Roe v. Wade anyway. That decision says that the state cannot restrict abortions at all within the first trimester but the current Mississippi law at 15 weeks prohibiting abortion is outside the first trimester. In the second trimester Roe went by viability standard and potentially some other issues. In the last trimester is take it out right now and abortions period. Planned Parenthood v. Casey actually overturned some parts of Roe already. Sotomayor made one of the most stupid comments by saying that people will think the Court is political. Basically you cannot vote against Roe v. Wade because of politics. Apparently she has not read some of her own decisions if she thinks politics does not enter into it. I agree that it should not but she of all people is being hypocritical to the max.
    • This may or may not be interesting to some people. I thought about this when talking about incidents in Orange County and Port Arthur. It is about police jurisdiction in Texas. Neither the Texas Penal Code nor the Code of Criminal Procedures (CCP) (which lists the authority to arrest) distinguishes between on and off duty peace officers. It states in what situations a peace officer has the authority to make an arrest but makes no other distinction. That is why people often say that Texas peace officers are on duty 24 hours a day. The law is not stated in those words but the Texas law does not note any kind of difference. The authority to make an arrest by a Texas peace officer is continuous. The CCP under authority to arrest without a warrant (Chapter 14) extends to outside the officer’s jurisdiction except class C traffic charges (basic citations like speeding, running stop sign , etc.) which authority is only “if the offense is committed in the county or counties in which the municipality employing the peace officer is located”. So the CCP gives the authority to arrest as anywhere except for traffic citations which is limited to anywhere in the county that the officer works. Port Arthur has jurisdiction then for traffic citations anywhere in Jefferson or Orange County. If a citation (or arrest) is made in those situations, the officer who is outside of his city has to issue the citation to the proper county precinct. For example a Port Arthur officer can issue a traffic citation in Bridge City but has to issue it in the jurisdiction of the Orange County Justice of the Peace for that precinct. An even further distance example is for instance if a Port Arthur officer was driving through Little Cypress to speak with a witness about something and saw somebody run a stop sign. The officer has the authority to issue a citation to that person or even make an arrest and bring the person to the Orange County jail.  The CCP also says that if a business serves the public it “may not prohibit or otherwise restrict a peace officer or special investigator from carrying on the establishment's premises a weapon that the peace officer or special investigator is otherwise authorized to carry, regardless of whether the peace officer or special investigator (a special investigator under Texas law is a federal agent such as FBI, DEA, etc.) is engaged in the actual discharge of the officer's or investigator's duties while carrying the weapon”. Note that it is regardless if the officer is engaged to an actual discharge of duty. That is basically saying off duty. The NFL a few years ago made a rule that firearms were prohibited in their stadiums by anyone except for an on duty police officer. But…. that does not apply in Texas as officers have 24 hour arrest authority anywhere in the state and that specific law that I quoted above which says it is against the law to stop them from entering. So off duty Texas peace officers can watch Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans football games while carrying their off-duty handgun. To my knowledge that is the only NFL stadiums in the country where a police officers can carry their weapons off duty. The stadiums have a special point of entry at one of the entrance gates where on duty officers hired to work the event check the credentials of the off duty officer and note where the officer will be sitting. I have also done that at Minute Maid stadium for MLB.  So….. in Texas pretty much a cop is a cop no matter when or where. Game wardens, city police, county sheriffs and deputies, constables and deputies, school district police, DA investigator, fire department arson investigators, etc., are all listed as Peace Officers and even though they are hired to do a specific job, they have overall police powers. It is not that way in all states which sometimes distinguish between on and off duty, jurisdiction and what laws they can enforce. In Texas as an example a Texas game warden can make a traffic stop just as if he was a city police officer or a DPS trooper and make an arrest for DWI. City officer can likewise go into an alcohol licensed premises and enforce Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission laws just as if he was state TABC agent. In fact I was inspecting a bar one time and the bartender got in my way and told me to stop. He said that I did not have the authority to make  the inspection since I was not a TABC agent. I explained the law to him and said I was not going to interfere with his business but I was going to make my inspection. Twice more he interfered with my inspection so I arrested him on the spot. TABC suspended the bar’s alcohol license for 14 days (think of the money they lost) and the bartender received 14 days in the county jail for the interference.  Interesting? Not interesting? I do not always agree with the laws just as much as anyone else but I think the way that it functions is interesting. 
    • If it doesn't kill ya it'll make you stronger, the old saying goes.    Who knows? Maybe an efficient and very good slow down team, like Argyle, catches FF napping in the playoffs.
    • Back in the day when Beaumont had Central & Ozen a good Silsbee team could and did run the table in the golden triangle.  Now, with most of the talent headed to BU it is next to impossible to pull that off again.   P.S  Living in the past, I miss Devon McCain pulling a rebound and then coming down hill center court, with superior passing skills, throwing dimes to either  Bush or Jay5. Or he'd take it to the hole himself.  At the high school level that was very potent stuff.    
    • Silsbee is a great team but lets not get to far ahead, Bush, Adams or McCain isn't walking through that door next Tuesday, And even if they did I don't think any of them would be the best player on the court honestly.  But that's Okay, like another poster stated, the main thing for Silsbee is to get better each week and compete for a 4A title.  I do think it will be a very competitive game, and I love that we have two top ranked teams in the State right here in SETX.  Here's to an injury free and successful season for both teams 
  • Topics

×
  • Create New...