4 hours ago, KenJohnson said:

Davis will be the difference maker he knows this offense backwards and forward , how to run it and how to defend it .

Knowing how to defend it and getting the kids to “stay at home” on D are two different animals.  They all want to get in on the tackle so when the FB hits the middle you want your left side LB to stay out there.  Then he sees the HB sweeping to the other side.  He’s gotta move to get in on the stop.  He takes off about the time the slot man gets the ball and runs thru the hole where the LB was.  If Davis can keep the Bears in their dens, he’ll put a crimp in the Slot T.  If the Bears D bites on the first three fakes, that fourth RB is going to gain a bunch of yards.  Heck, about 30% of the time I’m watching the wrong RB 🤪.  That’s why I love that offense.  

6 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Knowing how to defend it and getting the kids to “stay at home” on D are two different animals.  They all want to get in on the tackle so when the FB hits the middle you want your left side LB to stay out there.  Then he sees the HB sweeping to the other side.  He’s gotta move to get in on the stop.  He takes off about the time the slot man gets the ball and runs thru the hole where the LB was.  If Davis can keep the Bears in their dens, he’ll put a crimp in the Slot T.  If the Bears D bites on the first three fakes, that fourth RB is going to gain a bunch of yards.  Heck, about 30% of the time I’m watching the wrong RB 🤪.  That’s why I love that offense.  

I think Davis has the best of shot of slowing it down. Our defense looks a lot better. Last year we couldn’t tackle a turtle. Offense scheme has improved. I think Vidor will be surprised and caught off guard like huffman was. They got the right kids in the right positions this year. 

16 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I think Davis has the best of shot of slowing it down. Our defense looks a lot better. Last year we couldn’t tackle a turtle. Offense scheme has improved. I think Vidor will be surprised and caught off guard like huffman was. They got the right kids in the right positions this year. 

Surprised?  Caught off guard?  C’mon LCMA32, y’all are picked to win District now.  #12 in the State.  Only possibility of surprise is if Vidor surprises LCM.  According to the “experts”, y’all should blowout Vidor.  LCM is bigger, faster and has home field advantage.  I called Caesar’s in Vegas.  They have LCM as a 24 point favorite.  This is David and Goliath. Lions vs the Christians.  Carthage vs High Island.  Anybody vs the Htn Texans.  Dave Campbell is expecting a running clock in the second half.  

Just telling it like it is Dandy.  😄😜😄

6 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Surprised?  Caught off guard?  C’mon LCMA32, y’all are picked to win District now.  #12 in the State.  Only possibility of surprise is if Vidor surprises LCM.  According to the “experts”, y’all should blowout Vidor.  LCM is bigger, faster and has home field advantage.  I called Caesar’s in Vegas.  They have LCM as a 24 point favorite.  This is David and Goliath. Lions vs the Christians.  Carthage vs High Island.  Anybody vs the Htn Texans.  Dave Campbell is expecting a running clock in the second half.  

Just telling it like it is Dandy.  😄😜😄

Favorites? I don’t know about that. We are just some slow bears still hibernating. It’s nice to see they are back to playing good football again. The last 20yrs has been pretty bad. Moody and Crouch were  bad hires. We finally got a superintendent that has picked a good AD. I believe they are going in the right direction. 

6 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Favorites? I don’t know about that. We are just some slow bears still hibernating. It’s nice to see they are back to playing good football again. The last 20yrs has been pretty bad. Moody and Crouch were  bad hires. We finally got a superintendent that has picked a good AD. I believe they are going in the right direction. 

All joking aside, Peevey appears to have done an outstanding job in his first year.  Glad to see LCM turn it around.  Yes, LCM is definitely the favorite.  That happens when you knock off the undefeated #7 team in the State.  Still, it looks like the makings of a great game, and it appears Mother Nature is cooperating.  Front already through DFW, Waco and Austin.  

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

All joking aside, Peevey appears to have done an outstanding job in his first year.  Glad to see LCM turn it around.  Yes, LCM is definitely the favorite.  That happens when you knock off the undefeated #7 team in the State.  Still, it looks like the makings of a great game, and it appears Mother Nature is cooperating.  Front already through DFW, Waco and Austin.  

Yea I hope that weather starts going north east and we don’t get to much of it. With this being LCM last home game of the year I hope it’s a good one. 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, Hagar said:

The nerve of DP#1FAN.  The scurvy knave is hereby removed from the Pirate’s Union.

And there are many others.  Currently in Pickums, LCM is holding a 16-6 advantage.  On the plus side, officially makes Vidor the underdog.  Hope the trend of Vidor playing their best as underdogs continues.  Lol, otherwise it’ll be a blowout.

As of 8:30am Thursday LCM still leads Pickums -  22-10.

We all know it doesn’t mean much but it’s interesting to see what people are thinking.

2 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Knowing how to defend Vidors offense is great-n-all but it does not help when you're gassed in the 4th qtr from being "ground-n-pound" all night.  

"Kill'em all, let the paramedics sort'em out"

Vidor does have a very lopsided advantage over most opponents in the 4th Qtr.

34 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

I am enjoying reading this thread. Have not been on SETX much since 2017 my oldest last year playing. Now that my youngest is playing I've been trying to get caught up. Must say, I have missed it!

We’re as full of bull as we’ve always been.   😂😂😂😂

Welcome back!

12 hours ago, KenJohnson said:

Davis will be the difference maker he knows this offense backwards and forward , how to run it and how to defend it .

Hope his defense is well conditioned too, cause that can be difference maker also. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Vidor does have a very lopsided advantage over most opponents in the 4th Qtr.

Vidor is definitely a different beast in the second half, and mostly in the 4th quarter. Something the Pirates didn't have the past few seasons. If we can play 4 quarters of mistake free football tomorrow.... Pigs may fly in North Orange!

11 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yea I hope that weather starts going north east and we don’t get to much of it. With this being LCM last home game of the year I hope it’s a good one. 

Doesn’t LCM have a home game against Livingston on Oct 29?

15 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

A little over 24 hours til game time. 

I read that once all the tickets are sold out online, there won't be available at the gate. Pretty sure they'll be going like hotcakes tomorrow...

I’ll sell mine for the right price 😂