Cougar14.2

Crosby vs Barbers Hill

Recommended Posts

After losing seven in a row Barbers Hill has won two of the last three contest against Crosby. Last year’s game was more of a regression to the mean with The Hill losing by 27 points in The Jungle. This year Crosby travels to Mont Belvieu in hopes of starting a new streak. Knocking off what looks to be a solid Cougar team would be a great win for the Eagles early in the Abseck era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1

The big question for Crosby at the beginning of the year was would they be as good only returning 6 starters from that great team one year ago.  Still not sure if their as good, but they are more balanced not relying on a couple of superstars to take them to the next level. The Big question for BH of course was will Abseck have the Eagles competing in time for district? I think he is close adding new wrinkles to the offense each week. Crosby will be a huge test and I still give them a 14 point edge going Into this contest. BH will have to come in with the perfect game plan to offset the stingy Crosby defense and play great defense to hold them at bay.  In other words Crosby is the better team on paper in all facets of the game and BH will have to be nothing but perfect to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing you usually have to do if you want to go deep in the playoffs is run the ball and play defense. I think Abseck is making that BH’s identity. Haggler just had another huge game, 231 yards on 20 carries, and BH rushed for over 400 as a team. 
 

Considering the way BH leans on the run game and the way Crosby has been stopping it this year I like our chances there. Another thing that keeps popping up is the rate the BH qb turns the ball over at. Throwing three picks against KP doesn’t bode well when you consider Holdren is going to see a lot better pass rush this week against Crosby. 
 

Dayton sold out to stop the run against Crosby and got burned in the passing game. BH’s weakest position group is probably their dbs, if Myles is going to be as accurate and decisive as he was with the football Friday night I think BH is going to have trouble covering Kirkwood and company. 
 

I think BH needs to come out and score some points early or this one may get away from them. Crosby’s defense is good and if BH becomes one dimensional on offense it could be a long night for the Eagles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Crosby by 27. Don't ask me why, just feels right!

Feels wrong to me 😂 . I’m hoping for a closer game, but you never know. Abseck better have something up his sleeve though because we’re going to need it. One thing this year that we shouldn’t get surprised by is Crosby’s defense. No one even knew Crosby could play defense until last year and that completely threw BH off and they never recovered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BHFAN said:

The big question for Crosby at the beginning of the year was would they be as good only returning 6 starters from that great team one year ago.  Still not sure if their as good, but they are more balanced not relying on a couple of superstars to take them to the next level. The Big question for BH of course was will Abseck have the Eagles competing in time for district? I think he is close adding new wrinkles to the offense each week. Crosby will be a huge test and I still give them a 14 point edge going Into this contest. BH will have to come in with the perfect game plan to offset the stingy Crosby defense and play great defense to hold them at bay.  In other words Crosby is the better team on paper in all facets of the game and BH will have to be nothing but perfect to win.

We definitely are worse at special teams and that could be an X-Factor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So in reality i see two possible games. 

 

BH gets ahead early is able to run the ball a little and you have a close game that goes either way and will likely be determined by X-Factor plays. 

BH gets down a couple scores early and then tries to pass the ball, it snowballs and Crosby looks unbeatable. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cougtalk said:

So in reality i see two possible games. 

 

BH gets ahead early is able to run the ball a little and you have a close game that goes either way and will likely be determined by X-Factor plays. 

BH gets down a couple scores early and then tries to pass the ball, it snowballs and Crosby looks unbeatable. 

 

 

Agreed we have not done well under pressure playing from behind. We force to many things which ends up in a turnover.  Key for BH is to stay in the game and make something happen late. Play all 4 quarters and keep your composure. There is no lead safe with Crosby because they have several players that can take it to the house. Our secondary hasn’t done very well this year and will have to step up as well for this game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

So in reality i see two possible games. 

 

BH gets ahead early is able to run the ball a little and you have a close game that goes either way and will likely be determined by X-Factor plays. 

BH gets down a couple scores early and then tries to pass the ball, it snowballs and Crosby looks unbeatable. 

 

 

Yeah pretty much. I'm wondering if we will be able to get as much penetratation against BH's offensive line as we had against others. BH looks pretty solid up front. On the other hand I also look to see some jail break screens from BH against all the blitzing that Crosby does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

Yeah pretty much. I'm wondering if we will be able to get as much penetratation against BH's offensive line as we had against others. BH looks pretty solid up front. On the other hand I also look to see some jail break screens from BH against all the blitzing that Crosby does. 

Like BHfan alluded to, if Crosby brings pressure Holdren is probably going to throw it to us multiple times. If Crosby shuts down the run game the way we have on everybody except Manvel I don't think he is the Jamar Sanders type player that can beat you by himself.

One thing I like that Crosby did was to adjust to Dayton going quick in the passing game after Dayton initially adjusted to Crosby's pass rush. Womack's pick was due to Dayton's QB forcing a bad throw with pressure in his face but three of the other four picks were guys jumping routes after our defenders started to realize Denton didn't have time to look guys off. Without the escapability of Manvel or PAM's QBs you may see a similar performance from BH's QB this week. 

The kids heard a lot of chatter over the Summer about what they weren't supposed to be able to do. I think they have a huge chip on their shoulder and are out to prove people wrong this year. I've probably seen Crosby and Dayton play 25 times and have never seen either team get handled like that. Only thing I remember close to it was the 49-7 game in the playoffs. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like BHfan alluded to, if Crosby brings pressure Holdren is probably going to throw it to us multiple times. If Crosby shuts down the run game the way we have on everybody except Manvel I don't think he is the Jamar Sanders type player that can beat you by himself.

One thing I like that Crosby did was to adjust to Dayton going quick in the passing game after Dayton initially adjusted to Crosby's pass rush. Womack's pick was due to Dayton's QB forcing a bad throw with pressure in his face but three of the other four picks were guys jumping routes after our defenders started to realize Denton didn't have time to look guys off. Without the escapability of Manvel or PAM's QBs you may see a similar performance from BH's QB this week. 

The kids heard a lot of chatter over the Summer about what they weren't supposed to be able to do. I think they have a huge chip on their shoulder and are out to prove people wrong this year. I've probably seen Crosby and Dayton play 25 times and have never seen either team get handled like that. Only thing I remember close to it was the 49-7 game in the playoffs. 

 

For whatever reason Crosby plays best with that chip. I hope they stay underrated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RE the new coach, I said weeks ago there will be a new system and a transition period for BH. I said then I expected BH to be 1-4, but more importantly 1-1 and battle tested at this point. I think they will be 2-3 (instead) and 1-1 and battle tested. I am more concerned how they respond after this game, Crosby should win with ease this week. That's just the reality of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like BHfan alluded to, if Crosby brings pressure Holdren is probably going to throw it to us multiple times. If Crosby shuts down the run game the way we have on everybody except Manvel I don't think he is the Jamar Sanders type player that can beat you by himself.

One thing I like that Crosby did was to adjust to Dayton going quick in the passing game after Dayton initially adjusted to Crosby's pass rush. Womack's pick was due to Dayton's QB forcing a bad throw with pressure in his face but three of the other four picks were guys jumping routes after our defenders started to realize Denton didn't have time to look guys off. Without the escapability of Manvel or PAM's QBs you may see a similar performance from BH's QB this week. 

The kids heard a lot of chatter over the Summer about what they weren't supposed to be able to do. I think they have a huge chip on their shoulder and are out to prove people wrong this year. I've probably seen Crosby and Dayton play 25 times and have never seen either team get handled like that. Only thing I remember close to it was the 49-7 game in the playoffs. 

 

One thing I think your off on and that’s Holden’s escapability. He does read the blitz pretty well and will burn you if your coming in hot. BH’s O line protects him pretty good, but he won’t be sitting back there all day by any means.  The screen will be needed to keep the Coogs honest along with quick passes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BHFAN said:

One thing I think your off on and that’s Holden’s escapability. He does read the blitz pretty well and will burn you if your coming in hot. BH’s O line protects him pretty good, but he won’t be sitting back there all day by any means.  The screen will be needed to keep the Coogs honest along with quick passes. 

Nah, Fam we keep hearing this those D-lineman from the Cougars are fast and will get to the QB over and over and over. Go check that PAM tape and see what escapable Quarterbacks look like,.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,773
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    WhoDat
    Newest Member
    WhoDat
    Joined

  • Posts

    • Jiminy Crickets we’re going to get post after post telling us that we are stupid.  This stuff has been hashed and rehashed over and over…..Biden “won” and is the “president”.  That does not mean we have to like it.  That does not mean we have to fall in line with the Democratic gestapo regime.  If I type a long response surely I’ll change people’s minds.  It is simple - how is our country going under this president?  How are those $3 a gallon full-ups hitting you?  How is the 3.5 TRILLION infrastructure plan going to help when less than 20% goes toward infrastructure?  How are those Americans and supporters doing behind enemy lines?  How is that equipment that we left behind for an opposing military force (that’s already struck on our soil)?  I’m not even touching on the oil pipeline shut downs, the vaccine mandates, the mask mandates, and on and on.  Jen Psaki makes me want to claw my eyes out and put a hot poker in my ear.  The border response has been failed fiasco after failed fiasco.  The upcoming recession is going to be a doozy.  The sad thing is that not ONE item mentioned above is a surprise.  You knew exactly what you were getting if you voted for this regime, so you are getting what was promised.  The America Second platform is exactly as ordered.  Never owned a Trump flag, but I’m a simple man.  Argue all you want, this IS NOT GOOD for America.  Maybe we can de-annex Austin and create a safe space for normal people.
    • 🤷‍♂️no big deal he was  nice kid
    • You are right about that. I hate trash talking, and you and the chief drug me down to your level with the unsolicited "Baytown suburb" insult. I never dreamed my simple response about PNG being a Port Arthur suburb would set you off so bad, sorry for the hurt feelings!    Sad thing for your PNG program is that you keyboard commandos here in this forum cast a trashy light on an otherwise classy PNG school and community. PNG would be better off without you two making  fools of yourselves here. Remember PNG fans, you don't HAVE to act like Crosby. Be better than that! Hope everything is spelled correctly for you. 
    • I think it's time to quit pretending we don't have a country that is full of folks that are so weak and sensitive that they will choose the disaster we have now over what we had under Trump. Stop pretending our problems lie in the candidate, they don't, our big problem is with the voters...and it ain't getting better. Personally, I wouldn't want a candidate that the biden voters approve of. We're done, may take a while, but we're done.  
  • Topics

×
  • Create New...