Highway 90 shootout Crosby v. Dayton

Cougtalk

Depending on the up coming snapshot numbers from Crosby, this game may go the way of the Sherman/Denison rivalry. Border towns that had been in the same district forever but with the splits to 5A their Battle of the Axe game has become a non-district contest. 

I’m sure the fans and players would want to keep the game on the schedule as a non-district contest but I’m not sure Coach P would? With a move up in class he may favor playing more challenging teams. I could see us  possibly going something like Carthage, CE King and Manvel in non-district and leaving the feel good game with the Broncos off the schedule. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Depending on the up coming snapshot numbers from Crosby, this game may go the way of the Sherman/Denison rivalry. Border towns that had been in the same district forever but with the splits to 5A their Battle of the Axe game has become a non-district contest. 

I’m sure the fans and players would want to keep the game on the schedule as a non-district contest but I’m not sure Coach P would? With a move up in class he may favor playing more challenging teams. I could see us  possibly going something like Carthage, CE King and Manvel in non-district and leaving the feel good game with the Broncos off the schedule. 

Nah, you just schedule it as your 3rd game as a tune up right before district. Give the town what it wants. 

5 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Watched the Fr. grade game and Dayton does have some good players on that team. Heard that they moved 3 of them up to varsity. If that's the case they will definitely be dangerous in years to come. 

Yes. I want to say 2 of them are receivers and safety’s. And the 3rd freshman is a linebacker. 

46 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Crosby won in a blow out. What was the outcome of the freshman game?

22-8 Crosby when I left at 1:20 to go. Penalties hurt both teams. Dayton had two inside the 10 before half. One of which negated a TD. Crosby had 3 fifteen yard penalties in the third all of em on 3rd down with Dayton behind the sticks. A face mask, PI, and a unnecessary roughness hit out of bounds. Which lead to a Dayton TD.