USPS Mail Carrier Caught Tossing Mail Instead Of Delivering

BMTSoulja1

And FYI, I've had an incident with USPS as they didn't deliver to my house for like 2 months.  The reason?  They say there was a dog running loose in the neighborhood.  They gave me the address.  That neighbor does have a big dog, but it stays in the house and only comes out when they get home from work and the dog is only out to potty then it's back in.  They said they couldn't deliver mail on my street until the Animal Control contacts them to let them know the dog has been restrained.  Personally, I think that was an excuse not to deliver on our street.  Shortage of workers?  Maybe.  

55 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And FYI, I've had an incident with USPS as they didn't deliver to my house for like 2 months.  The reason?  They say there was a dog running loose in the neighborhood.  They gave me the address.  That neighbor does have a big dog, but it stays in the house and only comes out when they get home from work and the dog is only out to potty then it's back in.  They said they couldn't deliver mail on my street until the Animal Control contacts them to let them know the dog has been restrained.  Personally, I think that was an excuse not to deliver on our street.  Shortage of workers?  Maybe.  

I work at a Vidor bank and this has been an on going issue for several years. Customers constantly call about not receiving their bank statements.  I get at least 2 complaints a week. Old people that still use bank statements know to the day when it should arrive....lol

My brother lives there as well, and my sister in Lufkin, me in Lumberton. We all received a few pieces of mail from the same place when my father passed.....My sister and I got all of our mail on same or next day, while my brother received his 7-10 days later.....Vidor's post office is horrible. 

Bridge City's mail service was moved to Orange and then it got horrible.  We'd go 7-10 days with zero mail in our whole subdivision... then one day you'd see three mail vans covering the neighborhood.  It was just our carrier.  She'd get behind and then take off of work until her coworkers caught her route back up.  You could forget about getting a package or certified mail delivered.  She'd just chunk an orange card and be on her way.  Supposedly our US rep's office had a file on that particular carrier.  

I've always had the opinion that it's what happens when you stop trying to hire the best person for the job and start hiring/promoting based on all kinds of "qualifications" that have nothing to do with a person's ability to stuff mail in a mailbox, then remove all accountability because of union/civil service protections.  

We had a great postman for a long time. He liked to stop and talk you're head off. When obviously you were waiting on something. But the new carrier, and I use that term loosely, is horrible. 5 times in the last six months, the USPS has allowed me to meet more of my neighbors. Either I get their mail, or they get mine. Wonder how many times they've just kept it. I switch to as much "paperless" as possible, but it still happens.