Lumberton Tournament/Post results here!

WOSgrad

SATURDAY 11/16 Schedule

0900 Orangefield vs PNG (High School-HS)

0900 Tomball vs Jasper (Middle School-MS)

1030 Lumberton vs Concordia Lutheran (HS)

1030 Kelly vs Cleveland (MS)

1200 Vidor vs Orangefield (HS)

1200 Barbers Hill vs Tomball (MS)

1330 Cleveland vs Lumberton (HS)

1330 PNG vs Kelly (MS)

1500 Jasper vs Barbers Hill (HS) 

1500 Concordia Lutheran vs Vidor (MS)

Going into Saturday's games, here is what I have seen from watching most of the games:

Jasper and Barbers Hill will be quite a game, as they have been head and shoulders above the rest of the competition the first two days.

Concordia Lutheran and Tomball have been very solid in the games they have played, two well coached ball clubs that get the most out of their squads. 

PNG, Orangefield, and Lumberton have appeared to be up and down overall in terms of execution, be it from just finishing out rosters from returning volleyball players, integrating newer players into the varsity lineup, etc. These three teams have shown effort and hustle, the efficiency at which they have played at is what is still being dialed in.

Kelly has shown flashes as well, adjusting to style of play coach is having them play.

Vidor and Cleveland are young rosters that play very hard, and will continue to improve as the season moves forward

23 was MVP 

but I think the real mvp was setx HS girls basketball.  What a championship game!  Our girls played their hearts out and had a chance to win at the end.  And it was good basketball at a high skill level! 

Congrats to Shabralyn Watson (19 points against BH) and Aaliyah Robinson for making all tournament team from Jasper. Both are Juniors. 

Thanks to Coach Sanders and Lumberton for putting together a great tip off tournament and hopefull we can all grow it and get even more top area teams in it  

We are excited for this next week.  Home opener Tuesday vs WOS. then splendora tournament.  

As someone on here said after our scrimmage with United “Jasper is legit”.

Jasper is definitely legit. I believe Jasper matches up well in the region with HJ. I believe HJ will have the best player on the floor at all times, but Jasper’s length and speed will be a problem. If this match up happens, I will be 100% there.

BH is definitely legit, little freshman PG is definitely legit.

My view point of my hometown is we still have a lot of work to do. I believe we will still finish in 2nd place in the district, but that is not a given.

BH is head and shoulders above PNG.

Dayton competed and beat a solid Tomball team by about the same results we did in the tournament, so Dayton vs PNG match up should be exciting. Watching Vidor and Cleveland in tourney I would say PNG has the definitive edge in those two games, but you can’t take either team as a given. Ned has been putting up good numbers so far and PAM it always seems like they start season slow and comes on strong in district.

Lumberton I believe will be fighting with LCM for 2nd in that district. 

OF is definitely not the same 8 points against BC in a scrimmage that we saw. When we played them I think they knocked down at least 12 beyond the three point line. They put on a shooting clinic against us.

Kelly Bulldogs have solid guard play and have a guard who if and when she decides to go to the rim is almost unstoppable. Kelly will do well in TAPPS this year.

4 hours ago, OneChance said:

Jasper is definitely legit. I believe Jasper matches up well in the region with HJ. I believe HJ will have the best player on the floor at all times, but Jasper’s length and speed will be a problem. If this match up happens, I will be 100% there.

BH is definitely legit, little freshman PG is definitely legit.

My view point of my hometown is we still have a lot of work to do. I believe we will still finish in 2nd place in the district, but that is not a given.

BH is head and shoulders above PNG.

Dayton competed and beat a solid Tomball team by about the same results we did in the tournament, so Dayton vs PNG match up should be exciting. Watching Vidor and Cleveland in tourney I would say PNG has the definitive edge in those two games, but you can’t take either team as a given. Ned has been putting up good numbers so far and PAM it always seems like they start season slow and comes on strong in district.

Lumberton I believe will be fighting with LCM for 2nd in that district. 

OF is definitely not the same 8 points against BC in a scrimmage that we saw. When we played them I think they knocked down at least 12 beyond the three point line. They put on a shooting clinic against us.

Kelly Bulldogs have solid guard play and have a guard who if and when she decides to go to the rim is almost unstoppable. Kelly will do well in TAPPS this year.

Hj vs Jasper January 4 @jasper!