STJFL PeeWee week 2

Nederland_top_dog

12 hours ago, BMF said:

go to page 2 of the youth sports forum look under pw allstar games, youll see where we tried to play yall

where r the facts in that? I told u facts about all (3) teams and all the players.... so bring them together after quitting on their teams cause our under sizes kids was hitting them and taking themselves out the game woulda been different?

But really I heard Ned W might have the best team but the Head Coach is playing DADDY BALL which I figured long time ago. How can u be a 4 yr CENTER then ur a QB lol now that's pretty funny don't you ALL agree? I know a coach on PA BLK son was a center last yr cause he was just the best at that job but coulda also been the starting running back so maybe that's what it was huh NED- WHITE coaches.....

P.S DADDY BALL KILLS A PROGRAM, THE PARENTS SEE IT AND TALKS ABOUT IT TOO ANYONE WILL LISTEN JUST A HEADS UP "COACHES"

2 hours ago, BIG STEPPER.... said:

But really I heard Ned W might have the best team but the Head Coach is playing DADDY BALL which I figured long time ago. How can u be a 4 yr CENTER then ur a QB lol now that's pretty funny don't you ALL agree? I know a coach on PA BLK son was a center last yr cause he was just the best at that job but coulda also been the starting running back so maybe that's what it was huh NED- WHITE coaches.....

P.S DADDY BALL KILLS A PROGRAM, THE PARENTS SEE IT AND TALKS ABOUT IT TOO ANYONE WILL LISTEN JUST A HEADS UP "COACHES"

ouch lol

1 hour ago, Nederland_top_dog said:

That boy is a 3rd yr peewee kid. He as put in the work and plays the position well. Other kids tried out for the spot and couldn't do it. There will always be growing pains with a young team. 

im guessing you speaking of the center I mean QB right? if so im just repeating what the parents r spreading im not among you guys program. please don't the shoot the messenger!!!!

Daddy ball does happen a lot in youth sports and it’s usually the ones that say they DON’T play it, but in fact DO. It is unfortunate, and very aggravating. Hopefully, that is not the case here. ... P.S. I am a volunteer and don’t sit in my car. I’m observant of how people are.

And, winning teams have them too. 

Edited by CK

I coach on PNG Purple pee wee and my son lines up and blocks 95% of the time. He is not out getting glory or playing somewhere he shouldn't because I coach. So here is my opinion. If a parent is going to sit on the sidelines and choose to not be involved, not work with their kid to make them better than they need to keep it shut. We are all volunteers putting in time, dealing with some kids who won't listen, some who should not even be playing because it is a safety issue and others who are forced by the same parents who sit in their vehicles and watch practice to play. 

So if someone wants to yell "daddy ball" get off your butt and come coach or get more involved. Until then, sit in the stands or your car and enjoy the 250 you spent on league fees. 

6 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I coach on PNG Purple pee wee and my son lines up and blocks 95% of the time. He is not out getting glory or playing somewhere he shouldn't because I coach. So here is my opinion. If a parent is going to sit on the sidelines and choose to not be involved, not work with their kid to make them better than they need to keep it shut. We are all volunteers putting in time, dealing with some kids who won't listen, some who should not even be playing because it is a safety issue and others who are forced by the same parents who sit in their vehicles and watch practice to play. 

So if someone wants to yell "daddy ball" get off your butt and come coach or get more involved. Until then, sit in the stands or your car and enjoy the 250 you spent on league fees. 

I agree, if my kid had measurements to play the line, then that's where he would be, if he had hands he would play receiver. Happens so he is fast, shifty, and athletic. Whatcha you gonna do?

4 minutes ago, BMF said:

got a team?

Lol. I was kidding man. 

We already had to ban one parent this year and the kid was removed from the team due to the dad coming onto the field cussing us and threatening moms. The guy insisted his kid was not a bench warmer but the poor thing couldn't even lineup in a left or right set. So I know how it goes with parents. It is just frustrating to put in time and effort to coach these kids and have parents who do not do anything but complain. 

4 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Lol. I was kidding man. 

We already had to ban one parent this year and the kid was removed from the team due to the dad coming onto the field cussing us and threatening moms. The guy insisted his kid was not a bench warmer but the poor thing couldn't even lineup in a left or right set. So I know how it goes with parents. It is just frustrating to put in time and effort to coach these kids and have parents who do not do anything but complain. 

nah I know you were kidding, I was just following suit. we got those types of kids on our team, not as many as usual. For the most part, our parents are decent. Always are going to have the parents who think their kids who probably have never played are better than they are. Its everywhere

I agree with most of the comments on Daddy Ball, and it truly sucks for a father to sit on the sidelines most of the time and watch knowing we all need help sometimes. Then you have the Daddy Ball with the coaches that may never played r wasn’t as good as they might have wanted to be and is living thru that kid and I believe that is not right nor far. But if u r training ur kid all summer and he’s just out right better, play him everywhere! I will never want that title me personally but hey I coach and I don’t have one kid on the field I just love teaching the kids....