Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhatMack19

Coaching vacancies

198 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

I don't think anyone hires Sumlin. 

They should, Sumlin is probably one of the better coaches in the country ..hes sure better then alot of coaches with jobs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, D3zii said:

They should, Sumlin is probably one of the better coaches in the country ..hes sure better then alot of coaches with jobs 

Is he?  If I'm not mistaken, his best years at UH and aTm were with someone else's recruits.  He seems to disenfranchise some of his own recruits.  Don't see him getting a top job. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Is he?  If I'm not mistaken, his best years at UH and aTm were with someone else's recruits.  He seems to disenfranchise some of his own recruits.  Don't see him getting a top job. Just my opinion.

He's not?? I mean how many coaches would love a winning season every year with a bowl game?? Not to many doing that,..plus he made A&M relevant again, before he got there A&M was a avg football program. Don't forget hes the reason A&M fans feel 10+ wins is a norm now (think about that for a sec)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D3zii said:

He's not?? I mean how many coaches would love a winning season every year with a bowl game?? Not to many doing that,..plus he made A&M relevant again, before he got there A&M was a avg football program. Don't forget hes the reason A&M fans feel 10+ wins is a norm now (think about that for a sec)

??? Hope you are being sarcastic.  He had one 10 win season, with previous staff's players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

??? Hope you are being sarcastic.  He had one 10 win season, with previous staff's players.

I’m being serious,,and that’s my point before he got there, 10wins wasn’t even a serious expectation there...He’s raised the bar at A&M is all I’m saying, and he should be a sought after coach..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D3zii said:

I’m being serious,,and that’s my point before he got there, 10wins wasn’t even a serious expectation there...He’s raised the bar at A&M is all I’m saying, and he should be a sought after coach..

Just a difference of opinions.  But I still don't know how one 10 win season, six years ago, equates to making 10 win seasons the new norm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Just a difference of opinions.  But I still don't know how one 10 win season, six years ago, equates to making 10 win seasons the new norm.  

Just listen to the rumblings in College Station, and how 8+ wins aren't good enough anymore , which is the reason he's gone now, you know ..so obviously the bar is raised and they feel they should have 10+ wins a season + fight for conference championships ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Just a difference of opinions.  But I still don't know how one 10 win season, six years ago, equates to making 10 win seasons the new norm.  

I have been around a looonnnng time. 

Sumlin accomplished his 10 win season with future all pro linemen from Mike Sherman’s regime. 

He had the most dynamic offensive football player in history.

He had 12th Man, Kyle Field, the largest, greatest home field advantage in CFB 

This first year fired up the Aggie fan base and changed their hope and EXPECTATIONS. 

The slope started downward.

He continued to get Top 10 Recruiting classes. 

New assistant coaches

The slide continues. 

Over and over and over again every year.

Sumlin could not handle the culture and bring their expectations back down to Earth. 

Now it Jimbo’s turn, let’s see

The expectations on Jimbo are already higher than anything Sumlin faced. 

I hope he likes beer and can find the “Chicken Ranch”!

Hey, I am no expert, but do know a few thing about CFB played in Texas, facts or fiction.

”This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser

still can’t fix stupid 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, D3zii said:

Just listen to the rumblings in College Station, and how 8+ wins aren't good enough anymore , which is the reason he's gone now, you know ..so obviously the bar is raised and they feel they should have 10+ wins a season + fight for conference championships ..

Couldn't you say that for just about every major program?

GCM-RG74-WR8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, D3zii said:

Just listen to the rumblings in College Station, and how 8+ wins aren't good enough anymore , which is the reason he's gone now, you know ..so obviously the bar is raised and they feel they should have 10+ wins a season + fight for conference championships ..

Based on who the majority of his wins were against, he'd be a hell of an FCS coach.

As for bowl wins -if you ain't first, you're last- some teams get motivated for bowl games, some do not. Unless you're in the Final Four, they are meaningless. 

D3zii likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

I have been around a looonnnng time. 

Sumlin accomplished his 10 win season with future all pro linemen from Mike Sherman’s regime. 

He had the most dynamic offensive football player in history.

He had 12th Man, Kyle Field, the largest, greatest home field advantage in CFB 

This first year fired up the Aggie fan base and changed their hope and EXPECTATIONS. 

The slope started downward.

He continued to get Top 10 Recruiting classes. 

New assistant coaches

The slide continues. 

Over and over and over again every year.

Sumlin could not handle the culture and bring their expectations back down to Earth. 

Now it Jimbo’s turn, let’s see

The expectations on Jimbo are already higher than anything Sumlin faced. 

I hope he likes beer and can find the “Chicken Ranch”!

Hey, I am no expert, but do know a few thing about CFB played in Texas, facts or fiction.

”This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser

still can’t fix stupid 

 

 

Facts 0%

fiction 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, team first said:

Facts 0%

fiction 100%

“This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser 

still can’t fix stupid

liar liar pants on fire

teamfirst 100% Aggie = moron

Can’t you feel your “pat on your back”

 

Matter of Fact

This Jimbo to tamu was the ONLY lie that you have posted on this forum that has come to fruition!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

“This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser 

still can’t fix stupid

liar liar pants on fire

teamfirst 100% Aggie = moron

Can’t you feel your “pat on your back”

 

Matter of Fact

This Jimbo to tamu was the ONLY lie that you have posted on this forum that has come to fruition!!!

 

Can you say idiot! 

Like I said go get my chickens BOY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

“This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser 

still can’t fix stupid

liar liar pants on fire

teamfirst 100% Aggie = moron

Can’t you feel your “pat on your back”

 

Matter of Fact

This Jimbo to tamu was the ONLY lie that you have posted on this forum that has come to fruition!!!

 

Don’t just say I lied, prove it. 

Mrs. 0% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Couldn't you say that for just about every major program?

Yea maybe but only some are realistically possible. 

All I'm trying yo say is he's better then alot of college coaches in place now . Some coaches wish they seen a bowl game every year and a winning record 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, team first said:

Don’t just say I lied, prove it. 

Mrs. 0% 

Don’t need to prove anything Sunshine Aggie pumper!!

Your frame of reference was

1) coaching community 

2) sec network 

3) later changed to ESPN U

My job is to stay home and watch sports or murder mysteries all day long.

Got your chicken feet ready, I assume you want mayo to dip them. 

These are Fighting chickens so there not you normal Asian Market chicken feet

 

Today is Pearl Harbor Day

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herm Edwards is still on ESPN talking about pro football while every other new hire is out recruiting.  

I really think that was a horrible hire. He hasn’t coached football in almost 10 years and hasn’t been a college coach in almost 30.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Don’t need to prove anything Sunshine Aggie pumper!!

Your frame of reference was

1) coaching community 

2) sec network 

3) later changed to ESPN U

My job is to stay home and watch sports or murder mysteries all day long.

Got your chicken feet ready, I assume you want mayo to dip them. 

These are Fighting chickens so there not you normal Asian Market chicken feet

 

Today is Pearl Harbor Day

 

 

Changed to espn u? 0%

Obviously you are not very good at this job. Ask the wife she may be able to help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, team first said:

Changed to espn u? 0%

Obviously you are not very good at this job. Ask the wife she may be able to help you. 

Mayo it is Sunshine pumper

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0