Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REBgp

PGA FINAL ROUND - Chris Stroud Tied for Second

12 posts in this topic

He has been playing very well this week. Hard to believe he is in contention in his first major tourney played since 2014. Rooting for him to pull it out tomorrow and win his first major.

REBgp likes this

I can't imagine how you deal with the pressure, first time in the last group of a Major.  I just hope Chris keeps his composure, and and avoids a total meltdown.  He did a fantastic job of it Saturday.  I'm pumped up.  A win would be fantastic.  

Finished 15 and he's 3 out of the lead.  Once again missed putt on edge.  One positive is that he hasn't suffered a meltdown, which I think the announcers expected.  He's played great, and had half of those "edge" putts went in, he'd be tied for the lead.

Hook'em likes this

I think frustration set in over all those putts that shaved the hole.  He did lose his composure on the Green Mile, but honestly, his golf game was solid until those last three holes.  Still, he surprised the announcers for 15 holes.  I got the impression they were ready to write him off on the first tee.

Well he finished T9, which bumps him up to 69th in the FedEx Cup standings with 1 tourney left until the playoffs begin with the Northern Trust. Top 144 in the standings go to the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

He won last week, tied for 9th in a major this week, has made over a million dollars in the past 2 weeks, and is playing the best golf of his professional career I would say. I am happy for the man going into the playoff season on a tear.