Lufkin Pineywoods 100 Sabine Pass 92/FINAL

WOSgrad

I don't know how this regressed to Memorial vs Silsbee (which would be a good game and should be scheduled next year).  I wouldn't say Jones is the best player from this area but I would probably say he is underrated.  Someone commented about his range, another on his ball handling and both are correct.  But the thing that impressed me most (and I saw him play either 4 or 5 times and I saw all the top teams in the triangle this year) was his midrange jumper. Hands down the best I've seen this year.  Granted, I may overvalue that shot and am a bit nostalgic and old school regarding the game, but I love a kid who can stop on a dime and consistently knock down the 12-16 footer.  I also love the elevation where he releases the shot.  Very, very difficult to defend.  

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't know how this regressed to Memorial vs Silsbee (which would be a good game and should be scheduled next year).  I wouldn't say Jones is the best player from this area but I would probably say he is underrated.  Someone commented about his range, another on his ball handling and both are correct.  But the thing that impressed me most (and I saw him play either 4 or 5 times and I saw all the top teams in the triangle this year) was his midrange jumper. Hands down the best I've seen this year.  Granted, I may overvalue that shot and am a bit nostalgic and old school regarding the game, but I love a kid who can stop on a dime and consistently knock down the 12-16 footer.  I also love the elevation where he releases the shot.  Very, very difficult to defend.  

The kid is a solid player; very fundementally sound, extremely athletic and has an assassins attitude. 

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Most underrated skill in basketball.

As for #4 I have not once said he was not a tremendous player, he's just not the best player in the area (or IMO D1 caliber). The main reason I don't think he is, is his body language throughout a game. I was very disappointed with his lack of effort defensively against EC, and his  demeanor. Is he the best pure scorer in the area, quite possibly. Overall player, no.  The kid can play basketball, not taking anything away from you,  just not at the overall level some people think. 

7 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Most underrated skill in basketball.

As for #4 I have not once said he was not a tremendous player, he's just not the best player in the area (or IMO D1 caliber). The main reason I don't think he is, is his body language throughout a game. I was very disappointed with his lack of effort defensively against EC, and his  demeanor. Is he the best pure scorer in the area, quite possibly. Overall player, no.  The kid can play basketball, not taking anything away from you,  just not at the overall level some people think. 

He does need to play consistently harder on the defensive end and I've also said his body language is probably the number one thing he needs to improve.  The irony is the way he carries himself on the court at times completely belies the kind of kid he is.  Really good kid from a great family.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He does need to play consistently harder on the defensive end and I've also said his body language is probably the number one thing he needs to improve.  The irony is the way he carries himself on the court at times completely belies the kind of kid he is.  Really good kid from a great family.  

Have no doubt, I never saw any kind of trash talking or bad language towards other players. But his effor is what is holding him back, the kid could be a really exceptional player.

I agree with all of y'all. We played them twice and I've noticed that his attitude wasn't where it should be. Yes he's a fairly well basketball player, but if he would improve his attitude he would be much better. Great shooter and I was impressed with his ball handling skills in between the tough Piney Woods half court press.