Bellville vs Shepherd District Championship

aTmfan06

I am going to go ahead and clarify Shepherd's side of things before Friday night. At the end of the night the score will decide who the better team is on that particular night. We will not cry over the ref's, turnovers or anything that the game has to offer. I fully expect Shepherd to win this game. Just wanted to throw that out there for aTm06 and let him know we are not a bunch of crybaby's. I know for certain that Bellville is going to bring it on Friday Night, but you can also know for certain Shepherd will bring it also. I just hope no one gets injured and both teams are healthy for the playoffs. This is the first time since 1967 that Shepherd has a chance to be District Champions!

After looking at scores and what little that does tell you....I do think that based on Strength of schedule, Home field advantage, tradition and the fact that the Bellville coaching staff has been there for several years that BB should be favored in this game.

This should be a fun night for both teams...looks like Shepherd has a chance to make some history with an upset. 

I do hope however like everyone else that both teams get out of this injury free and are able to represent District 11 well in the playoffs. 

41 minutes ago, idk said:

I am going to go ahead and clarify Shepherd's side of things before Friday night. At the end of the night the score will decide who the better team is on that particular night. We will not cry over the ref's, turnovers or anything that the game has to offer. I fully expect Shepherd to win this game. Just wanted to throw that out there for aTm06 and let him know we are not a bunch of crybaby's. I know for certain that Bellville is going to bring it on Friday Night, but you can also know for certain Shepherd will bring it also. I just hope no one gets injured and both teams are healthy for the playoffs. This is the first time since 1967 that Shepherd has a chance to be District Champions!

As I expect Bellville to win. 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

So imagine the pirates are worried about what awaits them at the pasture on Friday night;-)

Worried is such a strong word. Are they hitting the film room hard this week, yes. Are they working on perfection of the plays this week, yes. Are they worried, No. This team is such a loose team. I have not seen them up tight all year. They will go out and give it everything they have, if it is good enough great, if it is not, then it is what it is. That is what I love about this team, they don't get scared or shaken up. They just go out and play. If they get behind, they will keep coming at you. The only thing for certain is that after Friday night Shepherd will have the respect of Bellville, win or loose.

So I have to ask you, Is Bellville worried. Seems to me, with all the polls and things, Bellville has way more at stake then Shepherd.

3 minutes ago, idk said:

Worried is such a strong word. Are they hitting the film room hard this week, yes. Are they working on perfection of the plays this week, yes. Are they worried, No. This team is such a loose team. I have not seen them up tight all year. They will go out and give it everything they have, if it is good enough great, if it is not, then it is what it is. That is what I love about this team, they don't get scared or shaken up. They just go out and play. If they get behind, they will keep coming at you. The only thing for certain is that after Friday night Shepherd will have the respect of Bellville, win or loose.

So I have to ask you, Is Bellville worried. Seems to me, with all the polls and things, Bellville has way more at stake then Shepherd.

I'm sure Bellville expects to win as do I :-)

44 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I'm sure Bellville expects to win as do I :-)

I am sure they do, along with the other 99% of the people that keep up with High School Football. But I like our odds. Heck we were only predicted to win one or two games all year long. lol.

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Shepherd gonna slow down mac ?

The kid is a very good back, We shall see. If our DE's stay at home and do what they are supposed to do, then I say yes we slow him down. We are not going to shut him down he is too good and Bellville's O-Line is prob. the best we have faced all year, but you can bet the coaches have a good game plan on doing so. If need be we can match Bellville's O-Line pound for pound, we just haven't had to do that all year. Also that #9 LB is a beast, he plays LB well. Gonna be a good game. Again just hope both teams are injury free and on point heading into the playoffs.