Vidor @PNG

Indianforever

17 hours ago, REBgp said:

Durn 99, what you smoking in that Indian peacepipe lol?   I do hope it was a PNG starter told you Vidor is in trouble.  It'd be nice to know that they think they can just shove them little fellers from Vidor all over that field.  Trouble?  You ain't seen trouble yet, but it's coming.

Lol,Png still wins we will stop the run and score more,if we don't stop it then it's another nederland type game,jmo,but our off is better than ned,and def is too period,i know it will be a good game,thats good thats what i wanna see.

52 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

Lol,Png still wins we will stop the run and score more,if we don't stop it then it's another nederland type game,jmo,but our off is better than ned,and def is too period,i know it will be a good game,thats good thats what i wanna see.

Man, your not giving Vidors defense any love. They have been creating turnovers all year. I like our chances. But who knows. Hopefully it will be a good game.

21 hours ago, REBgp said:

Durn 99, what you smoking in that Indian peacepipe lol?   I do hope it was a PNG starter told you Vidor is in trouble.  It'd be nice to know that they think they can just shove them little fellers from Vidor all over that field.  Trouble?  You ain't seen trouble yet, but it's coming.

3 hours ago, Realville said:

Man, your not giving Vidors defense any love. They have been creating turnovers all year. I like our chances. But who knows. Hopefully it will be a good game.

I'ts all in good fun brother just smack talking,i know vidor is tough and i'm looking for a good game,i'm glad vidors in the mix and i hope they make a deep run,them kids over there have worked hard and deserve it,but i also hope we come out on top just this week,lol,every body says Png has't played any one which is true but this team we have i think is better than last years team,minus the second they need help,lol,i hope yall pack our visitors side because i know our side will be full,its going to be a great fun game theres no doubt.

2 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

I'ts all in good fun brother just smack talking,i know vidor is tough and i'm looking for a good game,i'm glad vidors in the mix and i hope they make a deep run,them kids over there have worked hard and deserve it,but i also hope we come out on top just this week,lol,every body says Png has't played any one which is true but this team we have i think is better than last years team,minus the second they need help,lol,i hope yall pack our visitors side because i know our side will be full,its going to be a great fun game theres no doubt.

I haven't been to a Vidor game in quite a few years, but I'd be willing to bet the visitors side won't be big enough for the Vidor faithful.  

every body says that side of stands is not big enough but nederand is the only team we play that ever packs it,i talked with the guy that runs the field and he says its not smaller than other peoples sides,but i dont know how true that is,i think the stadium holds 13,500 but not sure on it,and yes how vidor is playing this year i bet it is all the way full over there,i hope so im looking for loud crowds and hard hitting action going on,can't wait.

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

There always the cool 92.5 guys. I love the old cajun guy

the old Cajun guy isn't that old, wish he would just stick to calling game instead of trying to talk like something he isn't. Kinda  annoying now that I think of it. Thank god I have only missed this last game, couldn't take much more of his commentary lol

8 hours ago, REBgp said:

I haven't been to a Vidor game in quite a few years, but I'd be willing to bet the visitors side won't be big enough for the Vidor faithful.  

Vidor will travel well and be supporting their Pirates.  Should be a packed house at the Reservation!!I

I would use the "A" word - but would then be called another "A " word by other posters.

Looking forward to a well fought game; hopefully injury free on both sides.

8 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

It is good to see Vidor in the mix. All of the boys have worked there tails off in the offseason. It starting to pay dividends. Hopefully we can stay healthy and make a good run. Vidor travels well, so the stands should be pretty full. Love Me some High a School Football!

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

the old Cajun guy isn't that old, wish he would just stick to calling game instead of trying to talk like something he isn't. Kinda  annoying now that I think of it. Thank god I have only missed this last game, couldn't take much more of his commentary lol

Yes I wish someone would let him know that it is very annoying. Hard to listen to it at times.

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

being that im in new orleans, he sounds like any old cajun out here and it makes the games seem like there being played down the street as opposed in another state. i get ya, he goes off topic a bit though

25 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

being that im in new orleans, he sounds like any old cajun out here and it makes the games seem like there being played down the street as opposed in another state. i get ya, he goes off topic a bit though

He is actually a great guy, just not much of a football mind.. They struggle with the most important part of the broadcast, and that is announcing the game. But you have to give him credit, he tries extremely hard... Especially for 1 certain player....

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Classic contrast in styles. The winner will be determined by who overcomes their shortcomings better. If PNG can slow down the powerful rushing attack then they should win. If Vidor wants to win they have to find a way to stop the forward pass, a concept that hasn't reached Vidor yet.  

The shortcoming of the Vidor offense, is that its one dimensional.. Nederland was out of time outs in the Overtime period when VIdor lined up in the I formation... I just do not see Vidor coming out with nothing more than a few options if they get behind, which in that case, PNG should be ready for the possibility... However, if they can pound the rock and control clock, they have a good chance of maintaining momentum and winning the game. PNG on the other hand will need to play its A game for 4 quarters.. Vidor will need to to stop RJ... Im not quite sure they can do that, unless their front can get pressure with 4.... If they decide to blitz gaps, it will leave the PNG receivers in a favorable position...

Vidor's offense may work to compete for district, but does that offense work in the playoffs? Seems like you would need an elite rusher to carry your team deep in the postseason with such a run heavy O. Jamaal Charles got the ball nearly every snap and dominated everyone in his days but even that got lost a game after a certain point. Defense has to be stellar. Maybe they can prove me wrong when they make the playoffs but Idk

48 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

The shortcoming of the Vidor offense, is that its one dimensional.. Nederland was out of time outs in the Overtime period when VIdor lined up in the I formation... I just do not see Vidor coming out with nothing more than a few options if they get behind, which in that case, PNG should be ready for the possibility... However, if they can pound the rock and control clock, they have a good chance of maintaining momentum and winning the game. PNG on the other hand will need to play its A game for 4 quarters.. Vidor will need to to stop RJ... Im not quite sure they can do that, unless their front can get pressure with 4.... If they decide to blitz gaps, it will leave the PNG receivers in a favorable position...

Good analysis, and imo, you hit the nail on the head.  And, as always, if either team comes down with turnoveritis, that will be the deciding factor.