Silsbee ISD will have early release Tuesday

For reference:
http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=7085

Schools may have early release up to 6 times a year for a set list of reasons. Playoff is one of the listed reasons. So if they don't have 6 already on the calendar then they are fine. If they have 6 on the calendar (I have no idea what the school calendar looks like) they will have to change one of the scheduled ones to a full day.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1379124" timestamp="1361761701"]
Is this within UIL rules? [b]I am pretty sure you can't have an early release for an athletic event. [/b] Ozen's Jeff Nelson was suspended for having a practice during normal school hours. How is this any different? Kids are getting out of class for sports.
[/quote]
You're "pretty sure you can't have an early
release for an athletic event."  Tell us, bobbymc, upon what do you base that belief?  Did you contact the UIL and determine that it's against the rules?  Did you contact any of your contacts in YOUR LOCAL school system and get their opinion?  What, bobbymc, what?  It happens regularly in all school districts - so apparently ignoring the UIL is more widespread in Texas than any of us ever imagined.  S T R E T C H  and S T I R, bobbymc. ::) 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1379215" timestamp="1361807033"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=109770.msg1379124#msg1379124 date=1361761701]
Is this within UIL rules? [b]I am pretty sure you can't have an early release for an athletic event. [/b] Ozen's Jeff Nelson was suspended for having a practice during normal school hours. How is this any different? Kids are getting out of class for sports.
[/quote]
You're "pretty sure you can't have an early
release for an athletic event."  Tell us, bobbymc, upon what do you base that belief?  Did you contact the UIL and determine that it's against the rules?  Did you contact any of your contacts in YOUR LOCAL school system and get their opinion?  What, bobbymc, what?  It happens regularly in all school districts - so apparently ignoring the UIL is more widespread in Texas than any of us ever imagined.  S T R E T C H  and S T I R, bobbymc. ::) 8)
[/quote]

Usedtobe- Dont listen to that stuff.  You go ahead and leave when the other students leave and make sure you get there on time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox