*Hardin-Jefferson vs. Houston Yates Updates*/Yates wins 119-91

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1377650" timestamp="1361505258"]
Nope but Silsbee has a deeper bench and better guard play. Silsbee front court is all 6'3 ea.
[/quote]
Silsbee is deeper but most of those players on the bench have little experience.. Sigler plays an average of what 6-7 players vs good teams, if that.. More if players get in foul trouble.. So in big games like these do you honestly expect them to make an big impact ?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final dunk count was 16-1, Yates.

I am chowing down some Whataburger, and then I will post final teams stats and some comments.

Also, after the game tonight, Coach Sigler and Coach Wise got together to try to work out a place to play if Silsbee wins tomorrow. After about 30 minutes of negotiating, neither could agree on a place. Will meet tomorrow morning.

I have a few comments coming on that subject as well. ;)

Listen...Silsbee has had a really good season...They are tough, fearless, and they play hard...They are entirely too SMALL for this Yates team that actually utilizes their size...It will be 20+, just like tonight against HJ...If Silsbee trys to play FAST, it may be a 30+ loss for Silsbee...Silsbee has not seen anything like what they will see if they play Yates...A BIG team that plays just as fast as they do...Copy this, write it down, take a picture...20 PLUS.. ;)

I don't go to many games.  That said, I don't know if I've seen a more athletic team than Yates.  Maybe some of those classic Wheatley teams.  # 12 for Yates had his whole elbow above the rim on a couple of dunks.  Yates' guard play is not the greatest.  Their outside game is so so.  I don't see anyone beating them this playoffs, not in this region.

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1377662" timestamp="1361506353"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109659.msg1377661#msg1377661 date=1361506199]
WOS shocks the world and beats Yates write it down
[/quote]
Your going overboard buddy.. Wos upsetting Yates? You don't believe that.. Your just babbling sir.
[/quote]

WOS will be the most in shape team Yates has played along with the most physical and deepest team they play in the region. WOS has 7 guys averaging 6ppg and 3 averaging 10ppg WOS subs in 7-9 guys no matter who they are playing. WOS basketball team went through the offseason with the football team this year these guys are physical

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1377666" timestamp="1361506667"]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=109659.msg1377662#msg1377662 date=1361506353]
[/quote]
Your going overboard buddy.. Wos upsetting Yates? You don't believe that.. Your just babbling sir.
[/quote]

WOS will be the most in shape team Yates has played along with the most physical and deepest team they play in the region. WOS has 7 guys averaging 6ppg and 3 averaging 10ppg WOS subs in 7-9 guys no matter who they are playing. WOS basketball team went through the offseason with the football team this year these guys are physical
[/quote]
*Yawns* if you say so.

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1377667" timestamp="1361506767"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109659.msg1377666#msg1377666 date=1361506667]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=109659.msg1377662#msg1377662 date=1361506353]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
*Yawns* if you say so.
[/quote]

and who's your team sir??

Score by quarters

1            2            3            4            tot

Yates                  23          30          31          35            119
HJ                      22          25          20          24              91

Team stats

FG %

Yates            49/79    62%  WOW!!!!
HJ                34/66    51%

3 point %

Yates          6/20      30%
HJ                6/15    40%

FT %

Yates          19/25    76%
HJ                18/23    78%

Rebounds

Yates              33
HJ                    35

Turnovers

Yates              21
HJ                  33  WOW!!!

Fouls

Yates            21
HJ                  19

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1377646" timestamp="1361505104"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109659.msg1377643#msg1377643 date=1361504936]
Silsbee has a very different type of swagger than HJ!!
[/quote]
You're right....and that "country" swagger will get them beat by 40 instead of 30! 8)
[/quote]
Wanna put your money where your mouth is on this statement Dickie? Bet they won't.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1377593" timestamp="1361501121"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109659.msg1377588#msg1377588 date=1361500785]
Anywho, great season by HJ.  8)

Yates is in trouble IMO from here on out after this game. Im shocked HJ kept it as close as they did without a key player. WO-S or Silsbee might just beat them i agree with others. I thought it was gonna be a pure blowout
[/quote]
Since when is winning by 28 a bad thing? You can't make losing, winning... SMH about a 28 point (loss) moral victory.
[/quote] lol that man speaks the truth

Proud of my Hawks!!!

Lost by 28 but kept it interesting for almost 3 quarters.  I will say this.  This Yates team is the best team that HJ has ever faced, and HJ had Yates attention at half.  They are the most athletic and long 3A team I have ever seen. 

As much as I want a local to team to make it to state there is not a team in Region 3 that can play with Yates.  JY rolls into State and awaits a matchup with Madison in my opinion.  Even though HJ had 33 turnovers you don't realize how good they played!!!

I will be at the Yates/Silsbee game next week, and will be pulling for the Tigers. 

First off let me congratulate HJ on another good season.  You playe your hearts out tonight and have nothing to be ashamed of.  I noticed a nice moment after the game between Coach Sutherland and Devante Johnson.  It was a long emotinal embrace that gave me the impression of a lesson learned by a young man.  I hate to see a kids career end the way his did but hopefully it taught him a lesson that will make him a better person in the long run.

Tonight the big difference in this game wasn't size it was fatigue.  HJ played their hearts out in the first half and neutralized the size difference. They had a nice lead in rebounds that first half and size wasn't playing that much of a factor.  In the second half they began to get tired and at one point so was Yates.  Yates had a nice lead and got to give key players rest. And even though tired when they saw the chance they found energy and went for the kill.  With tired legs size did play more of a factor.

Now if my Tigers get the chance to play Yates it will be exciting.  We will have to have a very good game all around.  As far as speed,  I think the Tigers have the edge.  Pace of play may be faster on the Yates side.  If we have a good game,  the big question will be whether or not we run out of gas.  If we don't it could be interesting all the way to the buzzer,  if we do  Yates could pull away.  If the Tigers can stay right with Yates or even have a lead and limit the use of their bench fatigue could even become a factor for Yates. 

One interesting thing tonight for me was Melvin Swift ot starting.  I am not sure what starting lineup Yates has had recently, but when I saw them early in the year they started 4 players 6'6 or taller tonight they started only 2 that size.  That takes away a good bit of that size advantage.  The Tigers and HJ are pretty similar in size,  hopefully the Tigers can limit the effectiveness of Yates size.

BUT FIRST WE MUST TAKE CARE OF KASHMERE TOMORROW NIGHT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33