HJ vs. Houston Yates

Lazeek

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious.  When did Ozen play Yates?  Was that regular season, or summer ball, or what?  I recall that Ozen played them very close, like 4 pts, right?  How was Ozen able to keep the game that close given the size disadvantage?

Again, not trying to compare Ozen to HJ; just curious about that game.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1376628" timestamp="1361381558"]
Just curious.  When did Ozen play Yates?  Was that regular season, or summer ball, or what?  I recall that Ozen played them very close, like 4 pts, right?  How was Ozen able to keep the game that close given the size disadvantage?

[/quote] Ozen played them in November or early Dec, regular season.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1376632" timestamp="1361381676"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=109582.msg1376628#msg1376628 date=1361381558]

[/quote]

Nov. 21 - Houston Yates  77-80    L

Johnson doesn't make the team!! Yeah he was a key player for HJ but just because he out doesn't mean we suck! HJ is still a REALLY good team. And if Zjori and Travis play like they did last night and make every 3 they shoot and if Dylan Mase is aggressive like he was last night then we will have a really good chance at winning! And Thursday night may be the last game for HJ, but when our boys really want to win they do! They can win this game as long as they play their butt off! And when we do win, that will show all of y'all that Johnson doesn't make the team! And i will be telling everyone that ever doubted HJ "I told you so!!"

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1376637" timestamp="1361381851"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109582.msg1376632#msg1376632 date=1361381676]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=109582.msg1376628#msg1376628 date=1361381558]

[/quote]

Nov. 21 - Houston Yates  77-80    L
[/quote]The game was much closer than the final score.

[quote name="HJ2013" post="1376639" timestamp="1361381935"]
Johnson doesn't make the team!! Yeah he was a key player for HJ but just because he out doesn't mean we suck! HJ is still a REALLY good team. And if Zjori and Travis play like they did last night and make every 3 they shoot and if Dylan Mase is aggressive like he was last night then we will have a really good chance at winning! And Thursday night may be the last game for HJ, but when our boys really want to win they do! They can win this game as long as they play their butt off! And when we do win, that will show all of y'all that Johnson doesn't make the team! And i will be telling everyone that ever doubted HJ "I told you so!!"
[/quote] If Johnson was playing it would be the same outcome.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1376641" timestamp="1361382059"]
[quote author=HJ2013 link=topic=109582.msg1376639#msg1376639 date=1361381935]
[/quote] [b]If Johnson was playing it would be the same outcome.[/b]
[/quote]

An HJ win?

[quote name="Pumper" post="1376645" timestamp="1361382243"]
OK BD, how about the rest of my question?  I know that Ozen has really good guard play, [b]but not a lot of size[/b].  What was the game plan, or how did Ozen almost beat Yates?  Sounds like a winnable game that was very close.
[/quote]

Ozen is bigger than you think they are, just that their "bigs" are very young.

[quote name="HJ2013" post="1376647" timestamp="1361382503"]
HJ can WIN!! If i recall we beat Ozen by 2 points and lets see hmm Yates lost to Ozen by 2 points! HJ has a chance!
[/quote] Its about matching up with your opponents. When did yall beat Ozen this year? Ozen played HJ in a Fall game.  Ozen's speed handled HJ pretty good that day.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="HJ2013" post="1376647" timestamp="1361382503"]
HJ can WIN!! If i recall we beat Ozen by 2 points and lets see hmm Yates lost to Ozen by 2 points! HJ has a chance!
[/quote]

I would love to see HJ win, but it is not going to happen.

Yates by at least 20

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1376649" timestamp="1361382762"]
Ball control.. If you can't manage the game by keeping Yates out of the break, you are doomed..

Without Johnson, the best guard on HJ, it's going to take a whole lot of factors for them to keep it close with Yates
[/quote] Johnson may be your only guard who can actually create his own shot. Everybody else is catch and shoot. You better be on because you're gonna have to shoot a little quicker from that pocket, because those JY players will be closing in real fast.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1376654" timestamp="1361383092"]
[quote author=HJ2013 link=topic=109582.msg1376647#msg1376647 date=1361382503]
[/quote]

I would love to see HJ win, but it is not going to happen.

Yates by at least 20
[/quote] Let me stop. I'm messing with yall. Just play hard.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1376648" timestamp="1361382557"]
[quote author=HJ2013 link=topic=109582.msg1376647#msg1376647 date=1361382503]
[/quote]

HJ and Ozen have not played this year.
[/quote]
AAW, that's just a minor detail.  It shouldn't detract from the sentiment of the post. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1376643" timestamp="1361382153"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109582.msg1376641#msg1376641 date=1361382059]
[quote author=HJ2013 link=topic=109582.msg1376639#msg1376639 date=1361381935]
Johnson doesn't make the team!! Yeah he was a key player for HJ but just because he out doesn't mean we suck! HJ is still a REALLY good team. And if Zjori and Travis play like they did last night and [b]make ever[/b]y [b]3 they shoot [/b] and if Dylan Mase is aggressive like he was last night then we will have a really good chance at winning! And Thursday night may be the last game for HJ, but [b]when our boys really want to win [/b] [b]they do! [/b] They can win this game as long as they [b]play their butt off![/b] And when we do win, that will show all of y'all that Johnson doesn't make the team! And i will be telling everyone that ever doubted HJ [b]"I told you so!!"[/b][/quote] [b]If Johnson was playing it would be the same outcome.[/b]
[/quote]

An HJ win?
[/quote]
Grow up 2013. ::)

Yates is being groomed for a run at the mythical shoe company National title in 2014. Tney are young and awaiting the marketable implant that they can trot all over the country beginning next fall. The implant for all practical purposes is in place.

This didn't just start. You can trace back the roots of this as far back as Willowridge. Dallas Lincoln, with Bosh and that talented group, went on to a perfect record. They defeated Ozen and won the mythical National title. They were also the first Dallas school with a Nike contract.  Milby followed by winning the Academy National Invitational, which was stacked with the Oak Hill's of the world, then the state title and near the top of the national pack.

It has moved on to Marcus and next will be Yates. If the plan is to knock off Yates, better to do it now. Yates will be dominant until the powers deem that they move on somewhere else.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder