Which Liberty County team will have better season in 2013? List in order.

Which Liberty County team has the better season in 2013?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Liberty County team has the better season in 2013?

• Hull-Daisetta
    • Dayton
    • Cleveland
    • Liberty

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1378816" timestamp="1361673478"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=109423.msg1377180#msg1377180 date=1361460463]
Dayton will be loaded with young talent. The freshman team was 10-0 and won by an average of 40 pts. The knew comer of the year in 19 4a was a sophmore from dayton. Dayton also started 6 sophmores on a team that won 9 games and their 2 losses were to top 10 teams. If dayton can do a better job of calling plays they will be able to score at will against anybody in their district. Between keener [b]chambers[/b] McBride and shaq dayton will have 4 kids that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
[/quote] ? Is there a little brother?
[/quote]isiah chambers was a sophmore. He scored both of daytons tds against elkins. Heck of a football player and can play multiple positions and yes i do believe he is the younger brother of Markain.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1379183" timestamp="1361798040"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=109423.msg1378816#msg1378816 date=1361673478]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=109423.msg1377180#msg1377180 date=1361460463]
Dayton will be loaded with young talent. The freshman team was 10-0 and won by an average of 40 pts. The knew comer of the year in 19 4a was a sophmore from dayton. Dayton also started 6 sophmores on a team that won 9 games and their 2 losses were to top 10 teams. If dayton can do a better job of calling plays they will be able to score at will against anybody in their district. Between keener [b]chambers[/b] McBride and shaq dayton will have 4 kids that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
[/quote] ? Is there a little brother?
[/quote]isiah chambers was a sophmore. He scored both of daytons tds against elkins.
[/quote] Oh crap... LOL duh... I knew that :) just forgot for a lil bit..

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1378680" timestamp="1361656861"]
Tarkington fans could care less about football. GO BOBCATS!
[/quote]

Or maybe they just don't come on here because of the constant berating of their program.  Their younger grade levels have competed well the last 2 or 3 years.  Hopefully it will begin to show at the highest level.  The coaches are doing a fine job with these young men.  Go back to your never ceasing trumping up of HD and leave your neighbors out of it.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1380238" timestamp="1361935660"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=109423.msg1378680#msg1378680 date=1361656861]
[/quote]

Or maybe they just don't come on here because of the constant berating of their program.  Their younger grade levels have competed well the last 2 or 3 years.  Hopefully it will begin to show at the highest level.  The coaches are doing a fine job with these young men.  Go back to your never ceasing trumping up of HD and leave your neighbors out of it.
[/quote]Easy killer. Try to smile and maybe even catch a HD football game next season. lol. GO MEAT!! LOL! Thanks for posting on my page.  ;) ;D HD!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1380238" timestamp="1361935660"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=109423.msg1378680#msg1378680 date=1361656861]
[/quote]

[/quote]wasnt Tarkington 3-0 or 4-0 before they slid??

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1380841" timestamp="1362050503"]
Tarkington started out 3-1 (lost to Bridge City 14-16 in third game) before starting district play and finishing 3-7. That's as many games as they won the previous 3 seasons combined. They've won 10 games total in the past 7 seasons under 3 head coaches.
[/quote] So whats the problem over there.. My husband went to Tarkington. He said they always sucked.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1380846" timestamp="1362055643"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=109423.msg1380841#msg1380841 date=1362050503]
Tarkington started out 3-1 (lost to Bridge City 14-16 in third game) before starting district play and finishing 3-7. That's as many games as they won the previous 3 seasons combined. They've won 10 games total in the past 7 seasons under 3 head coaches.
[/quote] So whats the problem over there.. My husband went to Tarkington. He said they always sucked.
[/quote]

I honestly have no idea why they have always been so bad. I know when HD played them back in the day they never had any speed. Speed kills and when you don't have it, it hurts... especially when you play in a district that has Coldspring, Cleveland, Liberty and other schools that always have great speed. The Longhorns have made the playoffs only once in school history and that was over 50 years ago. The little QB they have now is a good player and has the talent to be great. He'll be a junior this upcoming season and if he sticks around, he can help change things. He runs a 4.5 40 from what I've heard. Not sure if they have enough for a playoff push in the next season or two, but they are improving.

Not quite sure why hd bobkitten55 thinks Hardin fans are content with being average or below average.  He hasn't talked to the same fans I've talked to.  Hardin will be much improved next year.  They actually have an offseason program and tremendous strides have been made.

[quote name="camsdad" post="1381308" timestamp="1362147253"]
Not quite sure why hd bobkitten55 thinks Hardin fans are content with being average or below average.  He hasn't talked to the same fans I've talked to.  Hardin will be much improved next year.  They actually have an offseason program and tremendous strides have been made.
[/quote]Just based it off of their track record and the folks I know from Hardin. Good luck with your program Hornets.

Hardin will when at least two non-district games and at least two district games next season.  They will be much improved in all areas.  Solid leadership makes a huge difference.  They have a coach that is inspiring these kids to believe in themselves.  All of the kids are much stronger and faster than last season and this will be evident in the games.

[quote name="camsdad" post="1381782" timestamp="1362239894"]
Hardin will when at least two non-district games and at least two district games next season.  They will be much improved in all areas.  Solid leadership makes a huge difference.  They have a coach that is inspiring these kids to believe in themselves.  All of the kids are much stronger and faster than last season and this will be evident in the games.
[/quote]
Would you explain something to me?  This is 2nd of March, so football season was over roughly 3 months ago - how did all those players get so much stronger and faster over
the past 3 months; especially when school was out for about two weeks of that period?  Just curious? ::)

[quote name="camsdad" post="1381308" timestamp="1362147253"]
Not quite sure why hd bobkitten55 [b]thinks Hardin fans are content with being average or below average[/b].  He hasn't talked to the same fans I've talked to.  Hardin will be much improved next year.  They actually have an offseason program and tremendous strides have been made.
[/quote]

[quote author=camsdad link=topic=109423.msg1381782#msg1381782 date=1362239894]
[b]Hardin will when at least two non-district games and at least two district games next season.  They will be much improved in all areas.[/b]  Solid leadership makes a huge difference.  They have a coach that is inspiring these kids to believe in themselves.  All of the kids are much stronger and faster than last season and this will be evident in the games.
[/quote]

You asked a question in one comment, then answered it in another.  Anyone who thinks 4 wins makes you "much improved in all areas" is content with being "average or below average".  Thinking about going 4-6 makes me want to puke. 

[quote name="camsdad" post="1381782" timestamp="1362239894"]
[/quote]

I'm all about being supportive and believing in the kids and your team. With that being said, I just don't see Hardin winning more than 2, maybe 3 games next year.

Here's their schedule and how I see it:

1. Hull-Daisetta Bobcats (2012: HD - 23 Hardin - 6)
My 2013 Prediction: Hull-Daisetta - 42 Hardin - 12

2. Tarkington Longhorns (2012: Tarkington - 20 Hardin - 19)
My 2013 Prediction: Tarkington - 28 Hardin - 25

3. West Hardin Oilers (2012: Hardin - 40 West Hardin - 12)
My 2013 Prediction: Hardin - 34 West Hardin - 16

4. Kountze Lions (2012: Kountze - 28 Hardin - 14)
My 2013 Prediction: Kountze - 38 Hardin - 12

5. Anahauc Panthers (2012: Anahauc - 28 Hardin - 14)
My 2013 Prediction: Anahauc - 35 Hardin - 24

6. Kirbyville Wildcats (2012: Kirbyville - 56 Hardin - 7)
My 2013 Prediction: Kirbyville - 48 Hardin - 15

7. Woodville Eagles (2012: Woodville - 34 Hardin - 7)
My 2013 Prediction: Woodville - 32 Hardin - 12

8. Warren Warriors (2012: Warren - 21 Hardin - 12)
My 2013 Prediction: Hardin - 26 Warren - 20

9. Newton Eagles (2012: Newton - 63 Hardin - 7)
My 2013 Prediction: Newton - 54 Hardin - 8

10. East Chambers Bucs (2012: EC- 54 Hardin - 0)
My 2013 Prediction: East Chambers - 44 Hardin - 6

I see the Hornets going 2-8. The Warren and Tarkington games could go either way. So they could go between 1-9 and 3-7 in my opinion. In district play the Hornets averaged less than 9 points per game and gave up over 40, going 0-7. I don't see them improving that much in one off season. Kountze will be much improved and I think all the other teams besides Warren are just on another level. Even if they fall off some, I dont' see Hardin being able to close that big of a gap. We will see. I hope for the best (other than against HD) and wish them luck. Hell the season is six months away. This is just my .02 cents.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1381877" timestamp="1362250331"]
[quote author=camsdad link=topic=109423.msg1381782#msg1381782 date=1362239894]
[/quote]Hardin will beat Tarkington, West Hardin and Warren. I just believe Hardin has a better Coach and a few more athletes compared to Tarkington, WH and Warren. 3-7 at best.

I'm all about being supportive and believing in the kids and your team. With that being said, I just don't see Hardin winning more than 2, maybe 3 games next year.

Here's their schedule and how I see it:

1. Hull-Daisetta Bobcats (2012: HD - 23 Hardin - 6)
My 2013 Prediction: Hull-Daisetta - 42 Hardin - 12

2. Tarkington Longhorns (2012: Tarkington - 20 Hardin - 19)
My 2013 Prediction: Tarkington - 28 Hardin - 25

3. West Hardin Oilers (2012: Hardin - 40 West Hardin - 12)
My 2013 Prediction: Hardin - 34 West Hardin - 16

4. Kountze Lions (2012: Kountze - 28 Hardin - 14)
My 2013 Prediction: Kountze - 38 Hardin - 12

5. Anahauc Panthers (2012: Anahauc - 28 Hardin - 14)
My 2013 Prediction: Anahauc - 35 Hardin - 24

6. Kirbyville Wildcats (2012: Kirbyville - 56 Hardin - 7)
My 2013 Prediction: Kirbyville - 48 Hardin - 15

7. Woodville Eagles (2012: Woodville - 34 Hardin - 7)
My 2013 Prediction: Woodville - 32 Hardin - 12

8. Warren Warriors (2012: Warren - 21 Hardin - 12)
My 2013 Prediction: Hardin - 26 Warren - 20

9. Newton Eagles (2012: Newton - 63 Hardin - 7)
My 2013 Prediction: Newton - 54 Hardin - 8

10. East Chambers Bucs (2012: EC- 54 Hardin - 0)
My 2013 Prediction: East Chambers - 44 Hardin - 6

I see the Hornets going 2-8. The Warren and Tarkington games could go either way. So they could go between 1-9 and 3-7 in my opinion. In district play the Hornets averaged less than 9 points per game and gave up over 40, going 0-7. I don't see them improving that much in one off season. Kountze will be much improved and I think all the other teams besides Warren are just on another level. Even if they fall off some, I dont' see Hardin being able to close that big of a gap. We will see. I hope for the best (other than against HD) and wish them luck. Hell the season is six months away. This is just my .02 cents.
[/quote]

usedtobe-Honestly I can't answer for ALL of the kids but I personally know of several that have improved tremendously.  One of the lineman has increased his bench press by 40 lbs and has improved his squat 100 lbs.  One of the running backs has improved to a 4.5 forty from a 4.62 forty.  A sophomore to be lineman can now squat 600 lbs vs about 475 at the end of football season.  I hope this satisfies your curiousity.  I never said anyone would be content at 4-6.  My comment was that they would be much improved.  4-6 compared to 1=9 is much improved.  I was simply giving my opinion on how I think Hardin will finish in 2013 and it's exactly that-an opinion.

The kids actually have a off season football program , weight program , etc.  they have not had these in quite some time.  They are motivated to work out, when they don't have to, in their down time.  Hardin needs community support.  Even from neighboring city's.  Foes on the field, support each other off of it. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="1382588" timestamp="1362441950"]
The kids actually have a off season football program , weight program , etc.  they have not had these in quite some time.  They are motivated to work out, when they don't have to, in their down time.  Hardin needs community support.  Even from neighboring city's.  Foes on the field, support each other off of it.
[/quote]

I'm pulling for the Hornets to do well. I've seen what Coach Finney's offseason did for the kids at HD, so it's definitely possible. When you get someone in that sparks the interest of the kids and the community and everyone buys in, great things can happen. Good luck to the Hardin Hornets. (like I said earlier, except in the first game of the season :))

• 1 month later...
Hardin has a long ways to go. Lots of young talent coming up, but those kids are 8 years old to 14 years old.

By the time Hardin starts winning again, Fortune will be long gone. History proves itself over and over.

There are several local guys that are worthy of the job, that will get Hardin going in the right direction again.

With the talent coming up, WING T, or run based offenses will DESTROY the potential these kids have.

Hardin won in 2000-2002 and 2007-2008 with the ability to AIR IT OUT. Bring back the spread, OOOOOPTY OOOOOP.

[quote name="MOSSHILL" post="1393158" timestamp="1365586835"]
Hardin has a long ways to go. Lots of young talent coming up, but those kids are 8 years old to 14 years old.

By the time Hardin starts winning again, Fortune will be long gone. History proves itself over and over.

There are several local guys that are worthy of the job, that will get Hardin going in the right direction again.

With the talent coming up, WING T, or run based offenses will DESTROY the potential these kids have.

Hardin won in 2000-2002 and 2007-2008 with the ability to AIR IT OUT. Bring back the spread, OOOOOPTY OOOOOP.
[/quote]

Hardin didn't air it out 00-02.  I bet they didn't throw 40 passes that entire 3 year stretch.  It was a combination of a decent group of athletes (including a couple of move-ins) and the fact that they went from 3A to 2A just at the right time.  Playing Barbers Hill, Huffman, and company is a lot different than playing Warren, Deweyville, and Anahuac.  Don't forget....Anahuac was a W 10 years ago.

BTW...East Bernard won the 2A state championship this last year running the Slot T....a run based offense.

• 3 weeks later...
Bracewell (QB) - 2000

89-141 = 1329 yards

Brent Anderson alone was thrown to 40 plus times in 2000.

Perhaps the passing stats get overshadowed by the 4 headed rushing attack of Bolds/Albro/Grey/Lane which compiled of 2000 plus yards in 2000.
or
Maybe it was Reescano's 4 kickoff returns, and 3 punt returns for touchdowns, that caused you to mis-remember.

To assist your statements, in 2001-2002 all Hardin did was run the football.
No QB to throw the ball, but loads of speed in the backfield.

2007 - Nolan to Marsh
2008 - Taylor to SPREAD offense

WING T - blows

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder