buna vrs bridge city

[quote name="BC414" post="1366015" timestamp="1358915118"]
HJ is good no doubt, but they did only beat HF by 11 the other night and it was closer till they pulled the ball out and let #14 take her girl to the bucket every time. It all just depends on who shows up to play. Anybody can be beat.
[/quote]

I agree with you and only proves my point because HJ is average at best. I would love to see a team from 21-3A make it to the state tournament, just don't see that happening any time soon. I hope my post will motivate some teams to get better and strive for that goal. I just don't see the drive in young people like I used too. Not in high school sports anyway. Parents and kids are more consumed with AAU, Select and so on. There is no loyalities to a high school program anymore which is sad because those should be the best years in a young persons life.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1366023" timestamp="1358916190"]
[quote author=BC414 link=topic=108507.msg1366015#msg1366015 date=1358915118]
HJ is good no doubt, but they did only beat HF by 11 the other night and it was closer till they pulled the ball out and let #14 take her girl to the bucket every time. It all just depends on who shows up to play. Anybody can be beat.
[/quote]

I wish a group of girls from Orangefield would play AAU during the summer like B Scott, Katie and Kristy Sanders, KK Little...and so on.

I agree with you and only proves my point because HJ is average at best. I would love to see a team from 21-3A make it to the state tournament, just don't see that happening any time soon. I hope my post will motivate some teams to get better and strive for that goal. I just don't see the drive in young people like I used too. Not in high school sports anyway. Parents and kids are more consumed with AAU, Select and so on. There is no loyalities to a high school program anymore which is sad because those should be the best years in a young persons life.
[/quote]

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1366206" timestamp="1358980266"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108507.msg1366023#msg1366023 date=1358916190]
[/quote]

I wish a group of girls from Orangefield would play AAU during the summer like B Scott, Katie and Kristy Sanders, KK Little...and so on.

[/quote]
[/quote]
The worst cliche's in sports is, "It depends which team show up" or "Who shows up to play" which is essentially the same thing. 
Those are so lame that I can't understand why people still use them. :-[

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1366220" timestamp="1358981032"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=108507.msg1366206#msg1366206 date=1358980266]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108507.msg1366023#msg1366023 date=1358916190]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
The worst cliche's in sports is, "It depends which team show up" or "Who shows up to play" which is essentially the same thing. 
Those are so lame that I can't understand why people still use them. :-[
[/quote]

I agree that quote is for loser's. ;D

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1366570" timestamp="1359080669"]
i think it speaks well of HJ that they can play arguably their worse game of the year shooting wise, have 4 starters in foul trouble most of the game and still win by double digits on the road...
[/quote]
Especially at HF, you're down 10 points before you even walk in the gym!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder