Lumberton vs. Vidor Predictions

Guest ladyraider03

Guest ladyraider03
With the holidays over, thought it was time to start talking about this game Friday night. Lumberton, a onetime ranked team, against Vidor, the streakiest team in Texas. This week of practice will benefit Lumberton and allow them to figure out their late struggles and get back to playing how they did the first month of the season. I have seen Vidor play a few times and after watching them, my Lady Raiders have the better dribblers and will turn Vidor's press into fast breaks. As for #14 and #3 for Vidor, the defense will be ready to handle them and will hold them to under 20 each. I do not understand how they are considered great players when all they do are shoot threes and drive and miss 3/4 of the time. This is also their first road test and do not think the freshman Jacks will be able to handle the crowd noise. All in all, my Lady Raiders should be ready for this game and not overlook it like some Beaumont team against Vidor and win by 15.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vidor gets a lot of shots maybe not the kind we are used to seeing but i think philosophy is shoot 100 times and make 35% plus free throws and you score 75. Should be enough to win if you play defense and that is what is deceiving about vidor, they do play defense. Make no mistake Richmond may be one of the best players in the area.

75-52 vidor

Guest ladyraider03
Well besides Richmond, who does Vidor have? #3 only shoots if she thirty feet away, I think #20 something is a freshman and this is her first away game versus a good team. Then #4 plays like she is out on the playground she just takes playing out of control to a whole new level. Seriously who does Vidor even have and the defense outside of the press is horrible. The coach needs to take less time in practice on threes and spend at least five minutes on defense without fouling. The Lady Raiders have no reason to lose to team of this caliber. Our girls should be able to jump all their passes and easily break the press.

[quote name="ladyraider03" post="1360661" timestamp="1357167279"]
Well besides Richmond, who does Vidor have? #3 only shoots if she thirty feet away, I think #20 something is a freshman and this is her first away game versus a good team. Then #4 plays like she is out on the playground she just takes playing out of control to a whole new level. Seriously who does Vidor even have and the defense outside of the press is horrible. The coach needs to take less time in practice on threes and spend at least five minutes on defense without fouling. The Lady Raiders have no reason to lose to team of this caliber. Our girls should be able to jump all their passes and easily break the press.
[/quote]
Smh.....wow. If you really think that all Alison does is shoot three's then you are sorely mistaken.

Vidor by 20+

Guest ladyraider03
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1360664" timestamp="1357168084"]
[quote author=ladyraider03 link=topic=107887.msg1360661#msg1360661 date=1357167279]
[/quote]
Smh.....wow. If you really think that all Alison does is shoot three's then you are sorely mistaken.

Vidor by 20+
[/quote]

What else does she do then mytwocents? You are the vidor fan. What else besides shoot threes does Allison do?

[quote name="ladyraider03" post="1360666" timestamp="1357169862"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107887.msg1360664#msg1360664 date=1357168084]
[quote author=ladyraider03 link=topic=107887.msg1360661#msg1360661 date=1357167279]
[/quote]

Vidor by 20+
[/quote]

What else does she do then mytwocents? You are the vidor fan. What else besides shoot threes does Allison do?
[/quote]
She does more than your team does being as how vidor beat buna, a team you couldn't beat.  8)

Guest ladyraider03
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1360667" timestamp="1357170069"]
[quote author=ladyraider03 link=topic=107887.msg1360666#msg1360666 date=1357169862]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107887.msg1360664#msg1360664 date=1357168084]
[/quote]

Vidor by 20+
[/quote]

[/quote]
She does more than your team does being as how vidor beat buna, a team you couldn't beat.  8)
[/quote]
Yes Vidor beat Buna who we couldn't beat, but what does Allison do beside shooting threes you are avoiding the question? Buna played to our weakness they played slow. Yalls press will be nothing for us and will lead to many fastbreaks.

[/quote]

You should probably wait till after the game to say how much you think each of my teammates suck. People always want to say, everything we do wrong, but we work our butt off year round to be where we are. And 18 and 5 that doesn't sound streaky to me. We've played in multiple away games, against very good teams, and done just fine. Oh and, we go over defense all the time. But I'll let the game do the rest of the talking. Better see you there.

[quote name="ladyraider03" post="1360594" timestamp="1357144706"]
With the holidays over, thought it was time to start talking about this game Friday night. Lumberton, a onetime ranked team, against Vidor, the streakiest team in Texas. This week of practice will benefit Lumberton and allow them to figure out their late struggles and get back to playing how they did the first month of the season. I have seen Vidor play a few times and after watching them, my Lady Raiders have the better dribblers and will turn Vidor's press into fast breaks. As for #14 and #3 for Vidor, the defense will be ready to handle them and will hold them to under 20 each. I do not understand how they are considered great players when all they do are shoot threes and drive and miss 3/4 of the time. This is also their first road test and do not think the freshman Jacks will be able to handle the crowd noise. All in all, my Lady Raiders should be ready for this game and not overlook it like some Beaumont team against Vidor and win by 15.
[/quote]

[/quote].

I don't know what game(s) you have been watching, but if you had been paying attention and knew anything about basketball you would see that #3 is designed as an outside shooter-ONLY!!!  #4 is not a child on a playground, she plays good old-fashioned street ball with a twist of Coach Jacks. 

Don't get on here bashing our team.  They are a family and they are very proud of what they have accomplished and what they will accomplish this season.  Until you learn what family is, then you have no idea what these girls can accomplish.  Sometimes all it takes to win a game is heart...RANKINGS mean nothing!

I have to say this to the Lady Pirates that read this...

You are a great team and a great group of young ladies.  You don't need anyone telling you otherwise.  Rankings mean absolutely nothing.  You could be #1 in the state, but if you don't have character, heart, and determination it means nothing.  You may never see a ranking in your high school days, but you will ALWAYS be able to take with you what Coach Jacks has taught and that is working together as a FAMILY and CHARACTER, HEART, AND DETERMINATION!!!

[quote name="ladyraider03" post="1360594" timestamp="1357144706"]
[/quote]
WOW!  Not even sure where to start here. 
Lumberton is improved, but let's not get carried away.  There are way too many holes in this logic to even try to cover up.  Good luck to your girls though.
I think Vidor has a chance to move up to the #2 playoff spot if they continue to play well in what I believe is the last year of the Jacks era.  Fast paced team that will not at all be effected by the "crowd noise" @ Lumberton.

Guest basketball2012
why would this be the last yr of the JACKS era??? Coach Jacks is a heck of a coach and has turn this program around from a team that won 0 games 3 yrs ago.

Not TWO very good teams, just ONE. And those lady pirates deserve every bit of recognition. They have worked their tails off and it shows. While they were playing in the Barbers Hill tournament last weekend, Lumberton wasn't playing at all. I predict Lady pirates will get in their groove and shut down Lumberton with one of their many presses and score big as they swoosh the ball on lady raiders heads over and over. We win by 20+ and that's with 3rd string in. Heck Lumberton lost to Buna and vidor beat Buna by 20 and that's with #3 having an "off" night. Good luck defending #3 & #14. All around good players. I think thetorribiddle said it very well. The scoreboard will do all the talking as raiders walk away tonight in awe of the might Lady Pirates. Then on to give central a taste of their game Tuesday as they win over them too.

They are a pleasure to watch. All playing together as one big heart...one big F A M I L Y

Determination + Dedication + Guts = Vidor Lady Pirates

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1360959" timestamp="1357300335"]
Jacks isn't going anywhere. He still has Allison for one more year and amber for three more after this.
[/quote]

Duuh...They are his daughters...Coach Jacks will have Allison for one more year and Amber for three more years [u]WHERE-EVER [/u] he coaches.  It is my belief Jacks will leave.  I'll elaborate on my reasoning after the season.

[quote name="basketball2012" post="1360872" timestamp="1357253403"]
why would this be the last yr of the JACKS era??? Coach Jacks is a heck of a coach and has turn this program around from a team that won 0 games 3 yrs ago.
[/quote]

I'll hold on the question, but all of your statements are true and right on the money.

Guest flyonwall12
Coach Jacks is not going to leave Vidor after the season. Why would he want to? He is at a place where the community supports him. While Vidor may graduate Richmond, Biddle, and a few other varsity players, Allison is going to be a senior next year and Amber and the other varsity players are only going to get better. This is his third year and the team is finally starting to show the full effects of his system, along with its implementation in the lower levels. This is probably right up there with some best teams he has coached, but what makes this team different is how close they are. Next year's team may not be able to replicate what this year's team does, but Jacks is not a coach that is going to win and run, he is one that take on the challenge.

And this thread is not about if Jacks is going to leave or not it is about the game tonight, which will be hard fought but Vidor should be able to win by 17. Let's keep the rumor mill at bay until March.

[/quote]

Lumberton was picked to do very well this year.  Vidor was predicted to regress.  So far, the results have been opposite of predicted.  This sounds like a fan who has been drinking lots of sour grape juice. 

Lumberton may win tonight.  Anything can happen on any given night.  And Vidor can have bad offensive streaks (as can any team that relies on the deep ball).  But so far this year, Vidor has played much better than Lumberton. 

And if you cannot see the skills that each of the Lady Pirates bring to the table, then you are blinded from drinking the Hatorade.  None of the girls are perfect, but they all bring more than 1 skill to the table. 

Now, I will admit that I am a Pirate fan.  But I think I can still be objective. 

Go Lady Pirate.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33