Montana Q....Willie Ray

luvublue

Montana averaged more rushing yards a game (165.3) than your qb's average passing yards in a game (126.1). Montana had more rushing yards (1818) than your running back AND your running back had 3 more games than he did. He had more yards than your qb and your qb had 3 more games than he did. Don't come in here with some "he wasn't the best thrower" bs. Come on ram your better than that.

in 2008 tramaine thomas from east chambers was the first player to be nominated on both sides of the ball . i have no problem with montana the young man can play , my point is he played qb was he REALLY the best qb in the golden triangle ? I  dont think so , is he one of the top defensive players in the golden triangle ? yes he is  . i just happen to think its 3 other players better than he is at linebacker , but thats my opinion . he played both ways , hey that comes with the territory in some high schools . i say roberts  from east chambers , he was a finalist of the award as a jr last year , he had more yrds and tds than he did last year and he played 12 games the last two yrs  . if he doesnt get hurt against franklin in the 1st q (3 -45 yrds) they win imo . from an offensive stand point of view what back has the numbers he has put up in the last 2 years since we keep talking about a players  career ?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1359686" timestamp="1356841272"]
Montana averaged more rushing yards a game (165.3) than your qb's average passing yards in a game (126.1). Montana had more rushing yards (1818) than your running back AND your running back had 3 more games than he did. He had more yards than your qb and your qb had 3 more games than he did. Don't come in here with some "he wasn't the best thrower" bs. Come on ram your better than that.
[/quote]
But when Vidor needed Q to throw against Ned he threw Int's when he needed to be clutch. Carson was clutch this year. Carson did what he needed to do, and he did it well. Carson also led his team to the 4th round and beat Montana at Montana's stadium. There is more that goes into being a good qb than just running the ball the whole time.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1359704" timestamp="1356843027"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107816.msg1359686#msg1359686 date=1356841272]
[/quote]
But when Vidor needed Q to throw against Ned he threw Int's when he needed to be clutch. Carson was clutch this year. Carson did what he needed to do, and he did it well. Carson also led his team to the 4th round and beat Montana at Montana's stadium. There is more that goes into being a good qb than just running the ball the whole time.
[/quote]
Carson was victim of having a great defense and running back and receivers around him. Carson is a great player but he doesn't touh Montana. Put Carson on a team like png or lumberton and he turns to an average qb. Put Montana on a team like Nederland and he would win state.

[quote name="coach wade" post="1359744" timestamp="1356851913"]
Again No offense to any other players.. Couron and Stamply were studs.  They were dominant.  8 individual 20 4a coaches saw them and MQ play and they voted MQ unanimous district MVP.
[/quote]
District MVP does not mean your the best defensive player. It means he was the best overall player. I'm not saying he isn't good, he the best in the district. But at certain positions he's not head and shoulders above everybody.

Why do you guys keep getting stuck on 20-4A? Did Montana put up better defensive numbers than Lynch at WOS? Or how about Fisk at 5A PAM on the offensive side? Against the likes of North Shore and Laporte he put up 2100 passing and 900 rushing and 32 TDs. A good argument could be made for him. Us outside of Vidor agree Montana was a great two way threat and would win the WRS MVP, but its not just who was the best overall player.

[quote name="badndn" post="1359752" timestamp="1356877493"]
[b]Why do you guys keep getting stuck on 20-4A[/b]? Did Montana put up better defensive numbers than Lynch at WOS? Or how about Fisk at 5A PAM on the offensive side? Against the likes of North Shore and Laporte he put up 2100 passing and 900 rushing and 32 TDs. A good argument could be made for him. Us outside of Vidor agree Montana was a great two way threat and would win the WRS MVP, but its not just who was the best overall player.
[/quote]

I agree, that's why you would look at players from WOS and Newton.....and Fisk from 5 A.

Also, is the mission of the WRS award to award the person with the overall best stats only?  Or who did more for their team on that side of the ball compared to the other finalists?  Are the teams, that they were on, considered into the equation with the team's overall success?

[quote name="badndn" post="1359752" timestamp="1356877493"]
[b]Why do you guys keep getting stuck on 20-4A[/b]? Did Montana put up better defensive numbers than Lynch at WOS? Or how about Fisk at 5A PAM on the offensive side? Against the likes of North Shore and Laporte he put up 2100 passing and 900 rushing and 32 TDs. A good argument could be made for him. Us outside of Vidor agree Montana was a great two way threat and would win the WRS MVP, but its not just who was the best overall player.
[/quote]

20-4a had alot of talent this year, that could be a reason.

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1359815" timestamp="1356895958"]
I think you need to grow up 2cents. This is kids you are talking about. Montana is a great player but the district has several.
[/quote] Dont even bother with him cornhusker, if theres controversy or an argument.....you can bet your a$$ mytwocents is in it.

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1359815" timestamp="1356895958"]
I think you need to grow up 2cents. This is kids you are talking about. Montana is a great player but the district has several.
[/quote]
Wow sensitive much?

[quote author=outanup link=topic=107816.msg1359845#msg1359845 date=1356901623]
[quote author=cornhusker link=topic=107816.msg1359815#msg1359815 date=1356895958]
[/quote] Dont even bother with him cornhusker, if theres controversy or an argument.....you can bet your a$$ mytwocents is in it.
[/quote]
::)

I only saw MQ play when he played against PN-G...true, he might be a tad thin in stature for college football, but that kid had a nose for finding the football on defense...and he was not afraid to stick his helmet into the middle of a collision...I know he was a fantastic QB for Vidor, he took care of the ball, managed the slot-T and got the ball to the right RB at the right time, and he ran for a lot of tough yards, but it was his play on Vidor's defense that impressed me more...he just had a knack for being a very good LB...he had good instincts, he could shed blockers, and he would hit you...if I had a vote for the WRS award, MQ would be strong candidate for the defensive award...not a knock on the WO-S or Nederland kids...also very good...on offense, it's hard to overlook what the QB did at PAM, what Ned's RB did, or what Ned's QB did managing his offense and throwing for a lot of yards in big games...I'd lean to the PAM QB.

Go Indians.  Peace.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86