4:30pm    Woodville vs. Colmesneil
4:30pm    Hull-Daisetta vs. Zavalla
7:10pm    Goodrich/CC winner vs. Huntington/Burkeville winner
7:10pm    Goodrich/CC loser vs. Huntington/Burkeville loser

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leading scorers for Kelly were Cam Franks (27), Thomas Falgout (16), Nigal Barber (14), Andrew Pace (9) and Shad Wise (8).  Kelly was ahead from start to finish and opened up a 20 point lead early in the 4th quarter.  The quickness of the Kelly gaurds was to much for Cleveland.

Kelly plays Center tomorrow at 11:10.  Center beat Hardin 60-35 I think.  Has anyone seen Center play this year?  What do they have? 

Very poor job of bracketing by the tourney director in this one. Cleveland and Bmnt Kelley are by far the two best teams in the field. To have them play in the first game on the same side of the bracket make absolutely no sense at all. Kelley is solid but Cleveland played very lazy, uninspired bball today. Congrats to Kelley nonetheless. This would have been a very good championship matchup after the two teams shook off the holiday rust and had some momentum after a couple of wins. My opinion on this matter would be exactly the same had Cleveland won.

I agree with Indian 15/16.  In fact I started a thread about it when I first saw the bracket last week.  No way Kelly and Cleveland should have played in the first game and they should not have even been in the same bracket.  They should not have met until the championship game.  Both teams were rusty from the Christmas break and Kelly hasn't played a game since Dec 11 at PNG because they had mid-terms the week before Christmas.  Kelly was only allowed to have 1 hours practices during mid-terms so it was an extended layoff for our guys.  Our guard play was the difference.  Good luck to Cleveland the rest of the tournament.

Friday, Dec. 28
G11: Cleveland vs. Evadale - 11:10a
G12: Kelly vs. Center: 11:10a
G13: Hardin vs. Buna - 12:30p
G14: Jasper vs. Splendora - 12:30p
G15: Colmesneil vs. Zavalla - 1:50p
G16: Woodville vs. Hull-Daisetta - 1:50p
G17: Huntington vs. Winner G12 - 4:30p
G18: Burkeville vs. Winner G11 - 4:30p
G19: Winner G13 vs. Winner G15 - 7:10p
G20: Winner G 14 vs. Winner G16 - 7:10p

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1358977" timestamp="1356662405"]
I agree with Indian 15/16.  In fact I started a thread about it when I first saw the bracket last week.  No way Kelly and Cleveland should have played in the first game and they should not have even been in the same bracket.  They should not have met until the championship game.  Both teams were rusty from the Christmas break and Kelly hasn't played a game since Dec 11 at PNG because they had mid-terms the week before Christmas.  Kelly was only allowed to have 1 hours practices during mid-terms so it was an extended layoff for our guys.  Our guard play was the difference.  Good luck to Cleveland the rest of the tournament.
[/quote]
indians15/16
Im fan of 3a setxsports & 22-3a, why are those Indians, so inconsistent & play lazy a times? Is Coaching? Players? Idk.  Bcuz they have the talent to win in the playoff & make a deep run, possibly state.

Kelly was down 20-10 at the end of the 1st quarter, but picked up the intensity in the 2nd quarter to take the lead at halftime 32-28.  Final score 66-49 Kelly.  Leading scorers were Cam Franks - 21, Thomas Falgout - 16 and Shad Wise - 14.  Kelly plays Huntington at 4:30 in the semifinals.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1359227" timestamp="1356730366"]
Woodville 70
Hull-Daisetta 61

Woodville plays winner of Kelly/Huntington for championship tomorrow.
[/quote]

That's incorrect. Woodville still has to play a game tonight against either Jasper or Splendora to reach the championship game tomorrow.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder