2013 PN-G Indians

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indians will be very young next yr. 8 returners on offense with maybe half of those seniors. Defense with a few seniors. Some guys expected to play both ways. I see this team competing for the playoffs. Qb will be a sophmore, but with 4 offensive linemen back, fullback, and all wr's back, he will have the support he needs to help him mature. I think the d gets full attention next yr.

Johnny, your first post contains bad information. The starting runningback will be Halfin. This will be his first experience on varsity. The starting QB will be Walker, also a junior who earned the starting position last year until injured. PNG will also have many other juniors starting such as Blake Lane, Kaleb Sparks, Avery Murdoch, Blain Peveto and Michael Hughes. The PNG coaching staff (including Faircloth) have already informed the players and are working them in off season accordingly. Many of the players have been told to prepare to play both ways.

[quote name="exfactor" post="1356668" timestamp="1355915768"]
Johnny, your first post contains bad information. The starting runningback will be Halfin. This will be his first experience on varsity. The starting QB will be Walker, also a junior who earned the starting position last year until injured. PNG will also have many other juniors starting such as Blake Lane, Kaleb Sparks, Avery Murdoch, Blain Peveto and Michael Hughes. The PNG coaching staff (including Faircloth) have already informed the players and are working them in off season accordingly. Many of the players have been told to prepare to play both ways.
[/quote]
The running back was never mentioned, only the fullback, and yes Halfin should get the start at RB. Second, I don't see him playing Walker as starting QB and CB, thats why I think the Morse kid gets the nod, with Walker playing some QB as a Wildcat/ short yardage QB.

dang, don't they have to be better than this past season??  these points may all be moot as I wouldn't be surprised at all if Faircloth interviews at Permian, although his record this season won't help his cause.

PNG should be back in the playoff hunt, at least, next year...it was pretty boring this season without all of the png trash talk...you guys pretty much resigned yourself to weekly beatings early in the season...even MCM was pretty quiet this year...I got the feeling that png just wanted that week to be over and over quick

PNG doesn't have a fullback. Halfin will be the starting "R" back and Blake Lane is the starting "H" back. Several coaches and players have told me that Walker has already been named the starter. In fact, they say Morse'name has not even been mentioned. Walker will be the starter at QB and also play corner. Lemoine will be his back-up. Should Walker get hurt then Morse will be brought up from JV. Several offensive starters will be playing defense as well like Rose, Murdock, Sparks.

This team will probably have more Junior and Sophomore starters from game one on than any PNG team in recent history. That said they will take some lumps, especially since they get Silsbee (returning a great QB/RB combo), Summer Creek (a 5A school  ;) also returning a great QB), WOS (who is always good) and Nederland (who will be DC favorites again) all within the first 5 games.

The talent and football savy of this young group should be worth the wait of maturation for us NDN fans.

Some names to keep in mind:
Sophomores to be - Morse, Giblin, Wages, Moran, Rembert, Ardoin, Cropper, Valentine, Langston
Juniors to be - Walker, Peveto, Murdoch, Sparks, Halfin, T. Smith, Hughes, Mayfield, Benoit, Ramirez, Lane
Senoirs to be - Rose, Romero, Dawson, Broussard, Coy, Wardlow, Mangini, Hanratty, Orozco, Bryan, Bruer, Milan

[quote name="exfactor" post="1356697" timestamp="1355926276"]
PNG doesn't have a fullback. Halfin will be the starting "R" back and Blake Lane is the starting "H" back. Several coaches and players have told me that Walker has already been named the starter. In fact, they say Morse'name has not even been mentioned. Walker will be the starter at QB and also play corner. Lemoine will be his back-up. Should Walker get hurt then Morse will be brought up from JV. Several offensive starters will be playing defense as well like Rose, Murdock, Sparks.
[/quote]
Didn't realize we were getting technical on the position names. I knew what they are really called, but alot of people refer the H to a fullback. And I'm not sure what coach you got your info from, but i heard different from another varsity coach. I was told Giblin and Morse will be on Varsity next year along with 3 other to be Sophomores, but hey, we shall see. I believe coach will put the best talent on the field no matter what. That Morse kid is 6' 190 lbs and has a great arm with great instincts and knowledge of the game. The Giblin kid is around 6'3 now and has great hands and from what I'm hearing will be a WR next year. Looking forward to a better season next year!

[quote name="exfactor" post="1356852" timestamp="1355940866"]
Morse is 5' 10" and runs a 5.3 40.  Not nearly mobile enough in PNG's offfense. He will be fine when he is a senior. Walker will contribute on defense. That's why Faircloth is playing him both ways.
[/quote]
I'm 5'10" and a few days ago when I saw Adam Morse he was several inches taller than me! Brennan Doty was outstanding in PNGs offense and he ran a 5+ 40!
Have you seen Morse in a game?

Yes. Love the kid but if height were the most important element, shouldn't we have won a State championship this year?. Morse ill be fine in due time and his time is coming. He will work on his speed, agility and athleticism and he will be a major factor in a couple of years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33