Ozen vs. Central predictions 12/18/12

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1355653" timestamp="1355632167"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107508.msg1355638#msg1355638 date=1355626942]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=107508.msg1355631#msg1355631 date=1355626100]
Who needs excuses when it's already known that central will win state this year?
[/quote]Please tell me that even you aren't entertaining that foolishness.
[/quote]Wow! One of the few peeps from Central who don't believe they will go to Austin and win State
[/quote]

Or it might possibly be called "staying humble"?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1355668" timestamp="1355664417"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107508.msg1355653#msg1355653 date=1355632167]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107508.msg1355638#msg1355638 date=1355626942]
Who needs excuses when it's already known that central will win state this year?
[/quote]Wow! One of the few peeps from Central who don't believe they will go to Austin and win State
[/quote]

[/quote]  8)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1355668" timestamp="1355664417"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107508.msg1355653#msg1355653 date=1355632167]
[/quote]

[/quote]Thats boring Nash!!

BmtSoulja, I'm assuming this will be a game one needs to arrive early.  I've never attended a game at Central with Ozen playing. And I was turned away last year arriving too late when it was at Ozen.  Been informed there will be some media people from out of town covering this game, as well as local media I'm sure. Any helpful hints for arrival prep?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1355676" timestamp="1355671953"]
BmtSoulja, I'm assuming this will be a game one needs to arrive early.  I've never attended a game at Central with Ozen playing. And I was turned away last year arriving too late when it was at Ozen.  Been informed there will be some media people from out of town covering this game, as well as local media I'm sure. Any helpful hints for arrival prep?
[/quote]
Get there before the girls game starts and bring your own personal fan. Last year I got off at 5 and headed straight there and it was pretty crowded then.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1355632" timestamp="1355626182"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107508.msg1355620#msg1355620 date=1355623105]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107508.msg1355618#msg1355618 date=1355622805]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107508.msg1355615#msg1355615 date=1355622386]
Tell your coach I dare y'all to shoot it from the outside. Please!!!!
[/quote] I don't talk to our coach.  ;)  But why when the size  advantage is ours?C'mon, man.
[/quote]

I think the Dove is pretty concerned about your inside game, hence the invitation to shoot from the outside.
[/quote] Brothers have a tendency to[s] think alike[/s]  :-\ errr sometimes think alike
[/quote]

Ebony/ivory  conservative/liberal  brothers?

[quote name="uandme08" post="1355681" timestamp="1355673048"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107508.msg1355676#msg1355676 date=1355671953]
[/quote]
Get there before the girls game starts and bring your own personal fan. Last year I got off at 5 and headed straight there and it was pretty crowded then.
[/quote] Fan? oh oh

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1355676" timestamp="1355671953"]
[/quote] I normally arrive around 6:30.  The girls game should be halftime.  Yes, it's hot in there.  Lol.  Shoulder to shoulder action. There's more room at Ozen's place.  Normally, not that much problem there.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
As i see it you cant really gauge these games. I played in a Central vs WB back in the day..you cant prepare yourself for a game like this..And emotions will running high..okay on to the game notes..YES IT is A FACT Central gets wayyyyyy more calls from the refs no matter if the opponent is playing great D..dont gimme that we attack the cup which u do but u cant reward em when their throwin up garbage at the rim..we call that a bailout..yes central is a rebounding machine with length outta this world..no #24 and #5 are not shooters :o...now #23 is..but hey when u bury him on the bench for most of the season im sure his confidence is shot..will Central run an offense down the stretch to avoid losing a late game lead{tell the coach if that is motion offense run to please try something else} ..But the real question is who will play the hardest... period..will Ozen use its speed get out and run to compensate for their lack of size..will they realize that defense is their offense..will they finally start believing in themsleves..will the Ozen coaches have a game plan to couter attack everything Central does..{thank GOD Kristen Smith graduated ;) } alot of questions and 12/18/12 we'll know the answers.

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1355701" timestamp="1355681483"]
As i see it you cant really gauge these games. I played in a Central vs WB back in the day..you cant prepare yourself for a game like this..And emotions will running high..okay on to the game notes..YES IT is A FACT Central gets wayyyyyy more calls from the refs no matter if the opponent is playing great D..dont gimme that we attack the cup which u do but u cant reward em when their throwin up garbage at the rim..we call that a bailout..yes central is a rebounding machine with length outta this world..no #24 and #5 are not shooters :o...now #23 is..but hey when u bury him on the bench for most of the season im sure his confidence is shot..will Central run an offense down the stretch to avoid losing a late game lead{tell the coach if that is motion offense run to please try something else} ..But the real question is who will play the hardest... period..will Ozen use its speed get out and run to compensate for their lack of size..will they realize that defense is their offense..will they finally start believing in themsleves..will the Ozen coaches have a game plan to couter attack everything Central does..{thank GOD Kristen Smith graduated ;) } alot of questions and 12/18/12 we'll know the answers.
[/quote]Gotta love it when people speak truths!  8)

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1355701" timestamp="1355681483"]
[/quote]#5 lead the team in 3 point percentage and most 3'a made last year as a starting freshman.  This year, he haven't shot the ball well, I know, but he's a long ball shooter, nonetheless.  # 24 went 4/5 in the last game vs. Memorial.  Now, when he's behind the arch, people are running at him like a bat out of heck, so he just drives for the easier shot.  Yep, sounds like a shooter to me.  #23 is a shooting machine.  He'll Shoot when he's  called upon.  Throwing up garbage, right?  It's garbage because they are being hacked.  If you go up, and I grab your arm, let's see how your layup/dunk attempt looks. 

Now, I won't run Ozen down because I have respect for them and quite frankly, I think their good (unlike your thought for Central).  I know Ozen had a tough schedule with horrible draws in tournaments and tough road games vs. really good opponents.  I do know the Ozen/Central game will be a tight one.  And I do think Ozen will split the series with either/or Central/Nederland.  I also know that just like all of our other opponents, Ozen will have a task at hand with our overall size and length.  Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1355784" timestamp="1355694913"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=107508.msg1355701#msg1355701 date=1355681483]
[/quote]#5 lead the team in 3 point percentage and most 3'a made last year as a starting freshman.  This year, he haven't shot the ball well, I know, but he's a long ball shooter, nonetheless.  # 24 went 4/5 in the last game vs. Memorial.  Now, when he's behind the arch, people are running at him like a bat out of heck, so he just drives for the easier shot.  Yep, sounds like a shooter to me.  #23 is a shooting machine.  He'll Shoot when he's  called upon.  Throwing up garbage, right?  It's garbage because they are being hacked.  If you go up, and I grab your arm, let's see how your layup/dunk attempt looks. 

Now, I won't run Ozen down because I have respect for them and quite frankly, I think their good (unlike your thought for Central).  I know Ozen had a tough schedule with horrible draws in tournaments and tough road games vs. really good opponents.  I do know the Ozen/Central game will be a tight one.  And I do think Ozen will split the series with either/or Central/Nederland.  I also know that just like all of our other opponents, Ozen will have a task at hand with our overall size and length.  Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]Ozen has probably played more ranked (meaning  good )  teams in pre-district play than any other local team.Llets see how the momentum carries them into district

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1355784" timestamp="1355694913"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=107508.msg1355701#msg1355701 date=1355681483]

[/quote] The team that control the boards will win this game.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
There's a HUGE difference between makin shots every once in a while and being able to flat out shoot..#5 is not a flat out shooter.#23 is...idc if #5 lead the team in 3 ptrs he took enough of em so he should've...furthermore I've always said Central has far more talent that's not up for debate. But u have to be blind to the fact that the offense they run is horrid, I call it how I SEE IT, that's why they call it an opinion not bashing..i understand this is the first time since 99 that Central has put this much talent on the floor,but that doesnt mean everyone has to get in the car and ride with them. Anytime someone has something to say and it doesn't line up with the thinking of the majority you call it hating.. Well I guess I'm a HATER...all day everyday :)

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1355862" timestamp="1355703030"]
There's a HUGE difference between makin shots every once in a while and being able to flat out shoot..#5 is not a flat out shooter.#23 is...idc if #5 lead the team in 3 ptrs he took enough of em so he should've...furthermore I've always said Central has far more talent that's not up for debate. But u have to be blind to the fact that the offense they run is horrid, I call it how I SEE IT, that's why they call it an opinion not bashing..i understand this is the first time since 99 that Central has put this much talent on the floor,but that doesnt mean everyone has to get in the car and ride with them. Anytime someone has something to say and it doesn't line up with the thinking of the majority you call it hating.. Well I guess I'm a HATER...all day everyday :)
[/quote]

#1  I don't think you're a hater.
#2 #24'a 3 point percentage thus far for the year has got to be more than 50%.  That means he haven't taken a lot of them.  I'll go on record to say he Haven't attempted 10 3's all year.  Again, sounds like a good shooter to me.  As for #5, why do think he started all last year and this year?  Umm, he's a shooter that's just in a funk this year. Of course, our opinions will differ.
#3  I don't like the offense we run either, but can you argue with results?  We've beaten some pretty good teams.
#4 This is NOT the best talent since 99.  I'd say the 03 team was just as good.  You know, the team starred C. Matthews?

#5 I'm very far from 'blind'.  Trust and believe.  ;) 8)

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1355921" timestamp="1355711627"]
Dove u said that " Ozen has played the toughest pre season schedule and lets see how that momentum carries them into district". Ozen is 6 and 7 finishing with 3 losses in a row...right? I'm just curious what "momentum" you are referring to?
[/quote]
Not sure none of that matters. Sure winning all preseason games would have been great but come Tuesday night at tipoff everybody's record will be the same. District will be different from preseason. Naturally I have a Panther that plays basketball that lives with me and one of Central's basketball players was here today, it was interesting to hear their takes on the upcoming game. On that note Lets go Panthers 😃.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1355921" timestamp="1355711627"]
Dove u said that " Ozen has played the toughest pre season schedule and lets see how that momentum carries them into district". Ozen is 6 and 7 finishing with 3 losses in a row...right? I'm just curious what "momentum" you are referring to?
[/quote] Its a new season. There is no difference losing 3 straight or winning 3 straight at this time ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1355940" timestamp="1355715485"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=107508.msg1355921#msg1355921 date=1355711627]
[/quote] Its a new season. There is no difference losing 3 straight or winning 3 straight at this time ;)
[/quote]

:o ??? ::) you do know what momentum means don't you dove?

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1355983" timestamp="1355748002"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107508.msg1355979#msg1355979 date=1355744342]
Mental momentum. .......... I'll let you nibble on this for awhile.
[/quote]
oh now I get it.....that makes for a good "silver lining" speech to stay motivated I guess  ;D ::)
[/quote]lol!! ;D  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami